Proteins are essential for good health; people affected by genetic disorders cannot produce these proteins. Examples of such proteins include insulin, various blood clotting factors, growth hormones and others. Protein therapy ensures efficient administration of these proteins to patients suffering from deficiency, resulting in effective therapeutic benefits. It is a type of medical treatment that possesses therapeutic effects in many diseases such as diabetes, brain diseases and cancer. Protein therapeutics are classified functionally into five major groups-
- Group I: Protein therapeutics with enzymatic or regulatory activity
- Group II: Protein therapeutics with special targeting activity
- Group III: Protein vaccines
- Group IV: Protein diagnostics
The protein therapeutics market presents immense potential due to its untapped market potential and wide range of application areas. More than 100 modified therapeutic proteins have been approved for clinical use in the U.S. and European Union. At present there are various protein therapeutics in development based on their pharmacological activity, molecular mechanism of activity and their molecular types.
The protein therapeutics market can also be segmented based on product type, indication areas and geographies. The product segment includes monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), insulin, interferon, blood clotting factors and others. The various indication areas include diabetes, cancer, neurological disorders, genetic disorders and other indications. The major factors driving the protein therapeutics market are the increasing incidence of various chronic disorders such as cardiovascular, cancer and diabetes etc. and enhanced investments for the development of novel and efficient drugs. Moreover, rising number of medical insurance services and increased outsourcing of drug development processes are also expected to boost market growth. Increased awareness and high efficiency of these therapeutics with minimal side effects results in high acceptance levels by the end users. The major challenges of this market refer to the development of efficient methodologies to study the complex biological systems, catering to the individual variations and others including resistance to therapy and ensuring target efficiency.
Patent expirations of top selling protein therapeutics may mask the growth of the market. Some of the leading manufacturers of protein therapeutics are Roche Group, Sanofi, Eli Lilly & Company, Johnson & Johnson, Novartis, Bristol Myers Squibb Co., Pfizer, Inc., Amgen, Inc., and Merck Sereno S.A.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments