Home Press Releases Calcium Carbonate Market to surpass US$25 Bn by 2019 Owing to Growing Demand from Paper and Plastic Industries
Calcium Carbonate Market to surpass US$25 Bn by 2019 Owing to Growing Demand from Paper and Plastic Industries
Posted on Aug 5, 2015
Rising applications in the FMCG and packaging sector has fueled the demand for calcium carbonate, states Transparency Market Research in a report. The publication is titled “Calcium Carbonate Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2013 - 2019” and is available for sale on the company website.According to the report, the global calcium carbonate market is poised to grow from a value of US$15.66 billion in 2012 to that of US$25.01 billion by 2019, registering a healthy CAGR of 7.0% from 2013 to 2019. In terms of volume, the calcium carbonate market was pegged at 86.5 million in 2012. Calcium carbonate is used in industries such as paper, plastic, agriculture, building and construction, and pharmaceutical.By product, the calcium carbonate market is divided into precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) and ground calcium carbonate (GCC). PCC is estimated to record a 3.9% CAGR during the forecast period owing to its properties of brightness, opaque visibility, and whiteness. GCC, on the other hand, is projected to develop at a 2.9% CAGR during the same period owing to its applications in non-traditional end-use industries.
Geographically, the global calcium carbonate market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. Asia Pacific dominates the worldwide market in terms of volume and is also anticipated to be the second fastest growing regional market for calcium carbonate by the end of 2019. Rising demand for GCC and PCC from emerging economies such as India and China is largely responsible for the growth the calcium carbonate market in this region. APAC is projected to register a CAGR of 4.4% from 2013 to 2019, according to the research report.
North America held a 20.7% share of the global calcium carbonate market in 2012, while the market in Europe accounted for 20.5 million tons. The European calcium carbonate market is estimated to pick up pace by the end of the forecast period thanks to growing demand from the pharmaceutical sector and various non-traditional end-use industries. The Rest of the World region is forecast to be the most rapidly developing calcium carbonate market by 2019, registering a 4.5% CAGR from 2013 to 2019.
Some of the prominent participants of the global calcium carbonate market are Minerals Technologies, Inc., Schaefer Kalk GMBH & Co KG, Excalibar Minerals, Great Lakes Calcium Corp., Okutama Kogyo Co. Ltd., Imerys, Solvay S.A., Maruo Calcium Co. Ltd., Omya Ag, Mississippi Lime Company, Huber Engineered Materials, and Shiraishi Kogyo Kaisha Ltd. These companies are profiled in the calcium carbonate market report on the basis of attributes such as company and financial overview, product portfolio, business strategy, recent developments, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
Browse Full Calcium Carbonate Market (GCC and PCC) for Paper, Plastic, Building & Construction and Other Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2013 - 2019 report at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/calcium-carbonate-market.html
Calcium Carbonate Market: Product Segment Analysis
- Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC)
- Precipitated Calcium Carbonate (PCC)
Calcium Carbonate Market: Application Segment Analysis
- Building & Construction
- Others (Pharmaceutical, agriculture, etc)
Calcium Carbonate Market: Regional Segment Analysis
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of the World (RoW)
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a global market intelligence company providing business information reports and services. The company’s exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trend analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
TMR’s data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With extensive research and analysis capabilities, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques to develop distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Unsaturated Polyester Resin (DCPD, Orthophthalic, Isophthalic, and Others) Market for Tanks & Pipes, Building & Construction, Electrical, Marine, Transport, Artificial Stones and Other End-users - Asia Pacific Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023
- Unsaturated polyester resins are synthesized by using raw materials such as glycols, phthalic anhydride, and dibasic organic acids. Unsaturated polyester resins are extensively employed in tanks & pipes, building & construction, electrical, marine, transport, artificial stones, and other industries. Building & construction was the largest end-user segment of the unsaturated polyester resin market in...
- Benzaldehyde Market for Aroma Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Agriculture, Coatings and Other End-users - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023The report analyzes and forecasts the benzaldehyde market on the global and regional level. The study provides historical data of 2014 along with forecast from 2015 to 2023 based on volume (Tons) and revenue (US$ Mn). The study includes drivers and restraints for the benzaldehyde market along with their impact on demand during the forecast period. The report also analyzes opportunities in the benzaldehyde...
- Polypropylene Random Copolymer Market for Packaging, Building & Construction, Healthcare and Other End-user Industries - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023Rising demand from packaging and healthcare industries coupled with technological developments are expected to drive the polypropylene random copolymer market between 2015 and 2023. Polypropylene random copolymer is primarily used in the manufacture of food containers due to high heat and impact resistance, flexibility, and excellent transparency. Furthermore, capacity additions in the Middle East and China are...