Wound Debridement (Wound Cleaning) Market
Wound Debridement (Wound Cleaning) Market (Method - Autolytic/ Traditional Methods, Enzymatic Method, Mechanical Method, Surgical Method, and Maggot/Biotherapy Method; Type of wound - Chronic Wounds, Acute Wounds, and Burns) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027. Increased adoption of advanced wound debridement products and devices, rise in awareness among patients, rise in incidence of injuries related to accidents, sports, and adventure to drive the global market during the forecast period.
- According to the report, the wound debridement (wound cleaning) market was valued at US$ 1,964.5 Mn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 6.1 % from 2019 to 2027.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Wound Debridement (Wound Cleaning) Market
Rise in Incidence of Injuries related to Accidents, Sports, and Adventure: Key Drivers
- The incidence of accidents and injuries during sports, commute, and adventures has increased drastically in the last decade. This is anticipated to drive the market in the next few years.
- Road accidents and violence is a major cause of trauma, which requires medical attention. In Asia, India ranks the first due to overpopulated and poor roads and lack of traffic security.
- Traumatic injuries and burns is also a major cause of acute wounds, which require advanced therapies for treatment. These acute wounds, if not treated properly, increase the burden of chronic wounds and the overall health care burden.
- The research conducted by the National Burn Repository (NBR) in collaboration with the American Burn Association (ABA) projects that approximately 486,000 burn injuries are treated every year in the US. It also estimates that this percentage is increasing roughly by 1% or 2% every year. This is likely to drive the debridement market in the near future.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Increase in Geriatric Population Boost Market Growth
- With the rise in geriatric population, chronic diseases that affect skin integrity such as peripheral vascular diseases (arterial insufficiency and venous hypertension) and diabetes are becoming increasingly common. Frequent consequences include skin breakdown with formation of ulcers and chronic wounds.
- This is likely to triple or quintuple the demand for medical services and trigger the rise of non-communicable diseases (heart, cancer, and diabetes), which account for about 87% of the health issues faced by the elderly people in low-, middle-, and high-income countries. Non-communicable diseases also need surgical interventions, which consequently drives the wound debridement market.
- For example, The National Institutes of Health (NIH) estimates that 3% of the people aged 65 years or above in the U.S. are expected to have a wound in next few years. An even greater rate of incidence is expected, owing to traumatic injuries and ulcers endemic in resource-poor countries in other regions. According to a report by the Wound Healing Society, approximately 15% of elderly population in the U.S. suffers from chronic wounds, which primarily include bedsores (pressure ulcers) and neuropathic wounds (diabetic foot ulcers).
High Costs of Technologically Advanced Devices and Products to Hamper Market
- Cost of advanced wound dressings and products is higher than that of the traditional methods. Therefore, several patients are opting for the latter, despite the slow healing process associated with it. This presents a major challenge for the overall wound care industry.
- High cost of technologically advanced, digital wound measurement devices is a major barrier for the market for would debridement. Health care professionals, especially in developing regions, prefer traditional devices such as simple dressings, rulers, or tapes for cleaning and measuring wounds; as these are available at a fraction of the cost of advanced products.
- The market in Asia is price-sensitive and faces inhibitions in terms of investing in advanced wound debridement products, as a few of these products are sometimes affordable only to the elite population.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Wound Debridement (Wound Cleaning) Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market are Key players in the global market include
- Smith & Nephew plc
- Zimmer Biomet
- DeRoyal Industries, Inc.
- Lohmann & Rauscher International
- Arobella Medical, LLC
- Söring GmbH
- BSN Medical
- Derma Sciences Inc.
Global wound debridement (wound cleaning) Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market are:
- In September 2016, ConvaTec launched Foam Lite ConvaTec Dressing. This new product will provide customers broad range of advanced dressings for the management of a wide variety of chronic and acute wounds.
- In April 2016, Acelity expanded wound care portfolio with Introduction of advanced foam dressing line in the U.S.
- In July 2016, Coloplast introduced new silicone wound dressings. This will have positive impact on traditional & mechanical debridement products.
The report on the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of wound debridement (wound cleaning). The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market.
TMR’s report on the global wound debridement (Wound Cleaning) market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue (US$ Mn) of the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market. Key players operating in the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Wound Debridement (Wound Cleaning) Market Report
- What is the scope of product companies in the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for wound debridement (wound cleaning) providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the wound debridement (wound cleaning) market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the wound debridement (wound cleaning) market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) devices market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues (US$ Mn) for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global wound debridement (wound cleaning) market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Wound Debridement (Wound Cleaning) Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Wound Debridement (Wound Cleaning) Market - Segmentation
Autolytic/ traditional methods
Type of Wound
Middle East & Africa