Vascular Injury Treatment Market
Vascular Injury Treatment Market (Injury: Spasm, Thrombosis, Contusion/Intimal Flap, Laceration/Transection, Arteriovenous (AV) Fistula, Aneurysm & Pseudoaneurysm, and Others; Treatment: Lateral Arteriorrhaphy/ Venorrhaphy, Patch Angioplasty, Bypass Graft, Extraanatomic Bypass, Thrombectomy, and Others; End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Growing Need for Extra-Anatomical Aortic Bypass Graft in Military and Emergency Cases
The most challenging vascular injuries involve trauma caused to the abdomen, pelvis, and retroperitoneal structures of the body. Complications such as difficulty in acquiring immediate proximal control & appropriate exposure, treatment of injury in face of contamination, and provisions for prolonged surveillance & follow-up have increased the need for vascular injury treatment.
Vascular injuries can occur in civilian as well as military setting. Traumatic vascular injury caused due to explosions and projectiles such as bullets and shrapnel severely affect the arteries and veins of the limbs, and trigger excessive blood loss and ischemia. Thus, there is the constant need for instant relief and effective treatment solutions for vascular injuries in military and emergency cases.
As such, healthcare providers in the vascular injury treatment landscape are adopting the extra-anatomical aortic bypass graft to solve grave vascular injuries in military and emergency cases. Adequately-sized interposition grafts help in the successful management and repair of damaged tissues and other serious vascular injuries.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Vascular Injury Treatment Market
Preventive Measures Help Reduce Arterial Thromboembolic Incidences
Growing incidences of anticancer drug induced arterial injuries are surfacing in the vascular injury treatment ecosystem. The side effects of chemotherapeutic drugs and anti-tumor medicines complicate treatment cycles. These side effects are some of the causes for the increase in non-cancer-related mortality rates, and affect the quality of life of cancer survivors. Growing incidences of arterial thromboembolic events (ATEE) are also associated with the consumption of anti-cancer drugs.
As such, stakeholders need to develop treatment solutions to assess the high risks of vascular complications, and innovate on antithrombotic therapies that keep a tab on thromboembolic and bleeding risks. Preventive measures and individualized chemotherapy serve as viable treatment steps to reduce the incidences of anti-tumor treatment-related vascular events. As such, ongoing research and development is being carried out to address ATEE risk stratification, which helps in early prediction and reduced complications in cancer survivors.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Improvements in Trauma Care: Need of the Hour for Firearm Injuries
A recent study on vascular injury treatment, conducted by researchers from the Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM), stated that, individuals who suffered firearm injuries and underwent surgical repair of major blood vessels were more susceptible to the high injury severity score (a scale made to predict in-hospital deaths).
In many cases, individuals that suffer firearm injuries due to gunshots undergo vascular injury treatment to repair the damage caused by bullets to major blood vessels. After several cross-validations, it found that, individuals who underwent surgical repair of their major blood vessels accounted for a high injury severity score as compared to those who didn’t undergo surgical repair treatment. Further studies showed that, the risk of death increased by five times, and complications increased three times, due to surgical repair treatment.
Complications such as venous thromboembolism, kidney failure, sepsis, and heart and neurologic-related complexes were greater in patients who underwent repair of their major blood vessels. Thus, stakeholders in the vascular injury treatment landscape need to carry out clinical trials to better understand firearm injuries and the impact of surgical repair on major blood vessels. Improvements in trauma care can help emergency medicine physicians and vascular injury treatment surgeons develop efficient treatment solutions for gun violence survivors.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Analysts of the vascular injury treatment market have a promising outlook for its growth potential during the forecast period of 2019-2027. Stakeholders in the landscape are developing innovative offerings for bypass graft and lateral arteriorrhaphy treatment solutions. Increasing incidences of firearm injuries and arterial thromboembolic events in cancer patients have influenced the need for efficacious vascular injury treatment solutions. However, there is the need to improvise on the surgical repair treatment of major blood vessels for firearm injuries to avoid complications. Stakeholders in the vascular injury treatment landscape are developing preventive measures to reduce incidences of arterial thromboembolic events and improving trauma care for firearm injuries. Since bypass graft treatment accounts for a market share of ~34% in the vascular injury treatment landscape, stakeholders need to innovate on allograft repair treatment, as adequate frequency of follow-ups have resulted in excellent outcomes for patients.
Vascular Injury Treatment Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the global vascular injury treatment market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and forecast period of 2019–2027, rise in the prevalence of vascular injuries is projected to boost the growth of the global vascular injury treatment market during the forecast period.
- The global vascular injury treatment market is estimated to reach ~US$ 2.9 Bn in 2019. The vascular injury treatment market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~6% from 2019 to 2027.
Rise in Prevalence of Vascular Injuries: Key Driver of Vascular Injury Treatment Market
- The prevalence of vascular injuries is rising among the population due to accidents, falls, cuts, and dislocation of bones. Hence, trauma is considered to be a leading cause of vascular injury.
- According to the National Trauma Databank, vascular injuries account for 1% to 2% of all injuries reported in trauma patients. Penetrating trauma is the leading cause of peripheral vascular injuries, and accounted for over 71% of all vascular injuries in 2018. Among penetrating vascular injuries, handguns are the major cause of penetrating injuries in the U.S., followed by stab wounds and shotguns.
- An article published in the Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Science stated that, the prevalence of vascular trauma has increased in the last few decades, and vascular injuries accounted for nearly 3% of all civilian trauma cases.
- According to the Journal of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, in China, the annual death toll due to trauma has reached over 400,000, making it the fifth most common cause of death. Furthermore, economic development in China has led to an increase in number of car accidents, which is currently the most frequent cause of trauma. Other causes of trauma include falls, earthquakes, tsunamis, and violence. Increase in the incidence of trauma is likely to drive the vascular injury treatment market in the country.
Focus on Collaborations, Agreements, Partnerships, and Technological Advancements
- Key players focus on technological advancements and also on collaborations & partnerships in the global vascular injury treatment market.
- Increase in collaborations, agreements, and partnerships by these players, and rise in the adoption of technologically-advanced products are anticipated to drive the global vascular injury treatment market.
- For instance, in October 2018, Eko announced a collaboration with Mayo Clinic to develop data-driven technology that helps detect heart diseases.
- In September 2018, Hirslanden Clinique La Colline, a part of Mediclinic International, merged with Clinique Des Grangettes, to provide a comprehensive range of therapeutic and diagnostic services for patients.
- In March 2016, Boston Scientific Corporation announced the continuation of a collaboration with Mayo Clinic. This enabled the company to stimulate the rapid development of medical devices to address unmet clinical needs.
- On April 14, 2016, Apollo Life along with Jiyo launched a digital wellness platform in order to address employee health and well-being.
- Technological advancements such as endovascular techniques, CT angiography, and magnetic resonance imagining (MRI) provide high sensitivity and specificity for the detection of vascular injuries.
Vascular Injury Treatment Market: High Cost of Treatment
- Cost is a major factor influencing the selection of treatment of vascular injury.
- Morbidity and obesity increase the risk of vascular injuries. These require longer hospital stay and the cost of hospital care is high.
- The cost of hospitalization for vascular injuries is higher as compared to non-vascular injuries. For instance, the cost of hospitalization for vascular injuries is US$ 131,500 and that of non-vascular injuries is US$ 60,000.
- Hence, high cost of treatment is likely to hamper the growth of the global vascular injury treatment market.
Global Vascular Injury Treatment Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global vascular injury treatment market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, treatments performed, business strategies, and recent developments.
- Key players operating in the global vascular injury treatment market include
- Cleveland Clinic
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd.
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Heidelberg University Hospital
- Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
- Universal Health Services, Inc.
- Tenet Healthcare
- Mayo Clinic Health System
- Mediclinic International
- CHSPSC LLC
- IHH Healthcare Berhad.
Global Vascular Injury Treatment Market: Key Developments
Key manufacturers in the global vascular injury treatment market are strengthening their overseas sales structure by expanding their production capacities. Other developments in the global vascular injury treatment market are listed below.
- In April 2019, Mayo Clinic collaborated with Children’s Hospital Colorado to provide a solution for hypoplastic left heart syndrome.
- In 2018, Universal Health Services acquired the Danshell Group, which includes 25 behavioral health facilities in the U.K. Moreover, the company acquired a 109-bed behavioral healthcare facility located in Gulfport, Mississippi.
- In August 2015, Apollo Hospitals signed a collaboration agreement with the American College of Cardiology (ACC) to expand medical education in India.
Vascular Injury Treatment Market - Scope of the Report
A latest research report published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) measures the impact of the crucial indicators that drive the growth of the vascular injury treatment market during the forecast period of 2019-2027. This comprehensive report on the global vascular injury treatment market is an in-depth overview of the vascular injury treatment market, covering crucial aspects, segmentation based on various parameters, and the competitive landscape. This exclusive study also sheds light on the research methodologies followed in order to arrive at precise market numbers. This business study also includes relevant charts and tables so as to enable stakeholders in getting a clear perspective of the vascular injury treatment market.
This statistical research report studies, at length, the key insights culled by this business study. With the help of rare and distinguished insights covered in this research report, stakeholders in the vascular injury treatment market can devise sustainable strategies and gain an upper hand over their competitors. Numerous factors responsible for the vascular injury treatment market’s upward growth are also studied at length in this comprehensive research report. In addition to this, the report lists down and explains the key drivers, threats, restraints, and opportunities available in the vascular injury treatment market.
This comprehensive study of the global market for vascular injury treatment analyzes the growth drivers as well as restraints at length. This exclusive study of crucial factors can assist market participants in comprehending the challenges present in the vascular injury treatment market during the forecast period of 2019-2027. The research report also gauges the threat from new market entrants, and the degree of competition present in the vascular injury treatment market. The influence exerted on the vascular injury treatment market by government policies is also covered in this research report.
Vascular Injury Treatment Market - Key Questions Answered
This research report assesses and answers key questions pertaining to the growth of the vascular injury treatment market during the forecast period. Some of the significant questions answered in this research report include:
- What are the recent developments and crucial market shifts observed in the vascular injury treatment market during the forecast period?
- Which treatment is projected for incremental opportunities in the vascular injury treatment market?
- What are the crucial strategies followed by market players operating in the vascular injury treatment market?
- What are some of the recent developments that new market participants should look at in the vascular injury treatment market?
Vascular Injury Treatment Market - Research Methodology
Research conducted by analysts of Transparency Market Research (TMR) comprises a systematic approach, with a view to obtain important insights into the vascular injury treatment market for the forecast period of 2019-2027. Interviews and discussions conducted with key market participants, opinion leaders, vendors, distributors, and industry experts are also included in the study. Additionally, an in-depth secondary study of company websites, marketing collaterals, industry associations, and government statistics is also carried out.
Vascular Injury Treatment Market - Segmentation
This exclusive research report encompasses the technological advancements as well as recent trends in order to get a better perspective regarding the growth of the vascular injury treatment market. In order to help market participants get a precise market understanding, our analysts have segregated the vascular injury treatment market into key segments – injury, treatment, end user, and region. This study further offers information regarding the incremental opportunities present in the vascular injury treatment market during the forecast period. Key segments of the vascular injury treatment market are as mentioned below:
Arteriovenous (AV) Fistula
Aneurysm and Pseudoaneurysm
Extra Anatomic Bypass
Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Middle East & Africa