Ultra Wideband Chipset Market
Ultra Wideband Chipset Market (Application: Industrial Automation, Automobiles, Drones, Smart Home Devices, Smartphones, and Others; and End User: Individual, Government, Automotive, and Industrial) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Rise in Adoption of Ultra Wideband Chipsets
Within the short-range technology sphere, at present, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are the most adopted technologies. Despite the presence of a host of similar technologies, the adoption at consumer and enterprise level was short-lived, owing to the value offered by other alternatives. The adoption of the ultra wideband technology gained significant momentum in the 2000s. However, the demand for ultra wideband chipsets witnessed a major roadblock in the latter half of the decade, as end users saw higher value in other technologies such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. In recent years, the demand for ultra wideband chipsets has gathered notable traction, as several startups and established companies across various industrial verticals are reviving interest in the development of the ultra wideband technology, thus driving the ultra wideband chipset market.
Initially, ultra wideband chipsets were widely used in medical and military applications. However, with the onset of novel technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), the application of ultra wideband chipsets is expanding. In the current scenario, ultra wideband chipsets are increasingly being used in a plethora of applications in automotive and industrial sectors. Ultra wideband chipsets are gradually becoming an integral component in drones, smartphones, production lines, automobiles, and industrial automation systems. With the increasing interest in the ultra wideband technology and growing investments toward the development of the same, the ultra wideband chipset market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 24 Mn by 2027.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Ultra Wideband Chipset Market
Manufacturers Employ Ultra Wideband Technology to Enhance Security in Vehicles
Currently, multiple automobile manufacturers are engaged in enhancing security, convenience, and theft protection capabilities of their vehicles. While its consumer use continues to remain a distant reality, the ultra wideband technology is gaining significant prominence at the enterprise level – especially in the automotive sector. Several major automobile companies are exploring the advantages of the ultra wideband chipset technology to improve security aspects of their vehicles. For instance, in October 2019, Volkswagen revealed how the company is likely to leverage the ultra wideband technology to significantly enhance safety, convenience, and security in their vehicles. In their bid to achieve this, the company has collaborated with NXP Semiconductors to explore the potential of ultra wideband chipsets to improve safety features in their cars.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Moreover, the ultra wideband technology is likely to provide other benefits in the automotive sector, such as in-cabin passenger detection, automated trailer hitch activation, hands-free parking, and automated valet parking, among others. The advent of the ultra wideband technology is expected to be a step forward from current technologies, including GPS, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi. Furthermore, digital keys for automobiles have garnered significant attention and more number of automobile companies are in the process of employing the ultra wideband technology in smartphones to unlock cars. Thus, the automobile application segment is expected to account for ~23% share of the ultra wideband chipset market and reach a value of ~US$ 3.4 Mn in 2019.
Mobile Companies Leverage Benefits of New Age Ultra Wideband Chipsets
The adoption of wireless positioning technology is currently at the nascent stage. However, stakeholders in the mobile industry are eager to tap into the potential of this technology by integrating ultra wideband chipsets in their products. Mobile manufacturers are continually investing their resources toward enhancing the capabilities of their products to gain an edge over their competitors.
For instance, the iPhone 11 Pro launched by Apple is likely to be one of the first smartphones integrated with an ultra wideband chipset. Operators within the ultra wideband chipset market opine that the relatively nascent wireless technology could play an important role in redefining smart homes, augmented reality, security, and positioning. However, one of the factors that could potentially stall the adoption of ultra wideband chipsets in smartphones is high price. Meanwhile, companies that are a part of the ultra wideband chipset market such as Samsung have expressed interest in developing their own chipsets to minimize cost. The smartphones application segment of the ultra wideband chipset market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 3 Mn by 2027, growing at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period (2019-2027).
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Ultra Wideband Chipset Market
The ultra wideband chipset market is projected to grow at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. The growth of the market can be largely attributed to the increasing adoption of ultra wideband chipsets in automobiles and smartphones. The dawn of Industry 4.0 is creating lucrative opportunities for stakeholders operating in the ultra wideband chipset market, particularly in developed regions such as North America and Europe. These two regions are expected to be at the forefront, in terms of technological innovations and adoption of ultra wideband technology, owing to the presence of several key market players and startups. Market players should engage in collaborations with automobile and smartphone manufacturers to improve their overall position in the current ultra wideband chipset market landscape.
Ultra Wideband Chipset Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global ultra wideband chipset market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and the forecast period of 2019–2027, rising adoption of UWB chipsets and advantages associated with ultra wideband chipsets are likely to boost the ultra wideband chipset market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the ultra wideband chipset market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 24 Mn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period
Rise in Adoption of UWB Technology: A Key Driver
- The global Ultra Wideband Chipset (UWB) market has shown rapid growth since the past few decades. One of the major factors driving the growth of the global market includes rising adoption of UWB-based RTLS (real-time location system).
- RTLS is widely used for indoor positioning, mainly to track or locate people or objects within a confined area such as shopping malls, hospitals, and airports
- The added advantage of UWB technology is that it helps to micro-position objects through obstructions, and works in non-line-of-sight conditions.
- Major industries (automotive, healthcare, retail, and others) have been using UWB for location detection of robots and transmission of sensory data in areas such as automated warehouses
- Initially, UWB systems were used only in large industries and military applications due to high cost. In 2015, Decawave launched inexpensive UWB chips that can be used in commercial applications as well.
- Additionally, there is no requirement of RTLS backend in UWB chips. The tags locate information and delivers it via Bluetooth to the App
- Hence, UWB has registered huge adoption from different industry verticals, owing to the abovementioned factors, which is anticipated to fuel the growth of the global market during the forecast period
Proliferation of Internet of Things (IoT) in Ultra Wideband Chipset Market
- Popularity of Internet of Things (IoT) has increased rapidly over the past few years. Demand for interconnected devices is also increasing rapidly, and it is expected to show phenomenal growth in the near future, consequently leading to rising adoption of the IoT technology.
- IoT has major applications in context awareness and indoor localization. The ultra wideband technology is widely accepted for indoor localization due to its high accuracy.
- GPS systems are not helpful to enable navigation inside large indoor areas such as railway stations, shopping malls, and airports. In recent years, several technologies have been introduced to overcome the hurdles associated with GPS systems. The ultra wideband technology is one of them, which can be applied in IoT scenarios.
- The ultra wideband technology offers large bandwidth and high time resolution, which results in increasing demand for UWBs in wireless communication. The ultra wideband technology represents a promising technology in several fields, including gaming, security & surveillance, and tracking.
- Hence, increasing popularity of IoT-enabled devices is expected to create new opportunities for the growth of the global ultra wideband chipset market in the coming years
New Product Development: Latest Trend among Key Players
- Key players operating in the global ultra wideband chipset market are engaged in the development of advanced ultra wideband chipsets and their introduction in the market
- For instance, in February 2019, Fractus Antennas S.L. introduced an IoT-supported tiny antenna for use in different 5G mobile antenna applications. The antenna can deliver high-speed connectivity in 5G environments due to its dual-port configuration. This strategic development may lead to technological advancements, providing the company an edge over its competitors, in terms of product innovation and a unique product line. This move is anticipated to help the company gain a strong foothold in the global ultra wideband chipset market in the near future.
Ultra Wideband Chipset Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of ultra wideband chipset providers have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the ultra wideband chipset market are
- Fractus Antennas S.L.
- Furaxa Inc.
- Johanson Technology, Inc.
- TAIYO YUDEN CO., LTD
- Zebra Technologies Corporation (MSSI)
- Alereon Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- BeSpoon SAS
- Decawave Ltd
- NXP Semiconductors Inc.
- Pulse-Link Inc.
- Time Domain Corp (Humatics)
Ultra Wideband Chipset Market: Key Developments
Key providers of ultra wideband chipsets, such as Johanson Technology, Inc., are engaged in the development of new products
- In November 2019, Johanson Technology, Inc. introduced the new UWB pass filter for use in the automotive application. Rising demand for vehicle security is expected to boost the demand for this product in the next few years.
In the report on the global ultra wideband chipset market, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of ultra wideband chipsets. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and market share analysis of key players operating in the global ultra wideband chipset market.
Ultra Wideband Chipset Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’S report on the global ultra wideband chipset market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities in order to gain valuable insights into the market for the period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides overall revenue and volume of the global ultra-wideband chipset market for the 2017–2027 period, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global ultra-wideband chipset market for the 2019–2027 period.
The report has been prepared after extensive research. Primary research involves a bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts have conducted interviews with market leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves reaching out to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global ultra-wideband chipset market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources and statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global ultra-wideband chipset market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competition dynamics in the global ultra-wideband chipset market. These indices serve as valuable tools for the existing market players and for entities interested in participating in the global ultra-wideband chipset market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global ultra-wideband chipset market. Key players operating in the global market have been identified and each one of them has been profiled for its distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players operating in the global ultra-wideband chipset market, which have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Ultra Wideband Chipset Market Report
- How are alliances and partnerships between players widening the scope for growth of the global ultra-wideband chipset market?
- What would be revenue share projections of key segments of the global ultra-wideband chipset market during the forecast period?
- Which segment of the global ultra-wideband chipset market is likely to generate the maximum revenue by the end of the forecast period?
- How are advancements in ultra wideband chipsets making an impact on the global ultra wideband chipset market?
Ultra Wideband Chipset Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global ultra wideband chipset market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the research study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of objectives of this study.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section being further divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global ultra wideband chipset market in terms of application, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length and the market share of each of them by 2027 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global ultra wideband chipset market.
Ultra Wideband Chipset Market: Segmentation
Smart Home Devices
Middle East & Africa