Transcatheter Heart Valve Replacement and Repair: Introduction
- Transcatheter heart valve is an innovative technology device in the world of medicine that makes it easier to carry out the replacement or repair of the valve. Two types of valves used for replacement mechanical valves and biological valves. The mechanical valve is made of various material such as plastic, carbon, and metal. It is strong and durable. The biological valve is used mostly in geriatric patient, it needs to be replaced every ten years, and made from the human tissue of a donated heart or from animal tissue. Valve repair can conventionally be carried out on congenital valves defect, and valve replacement is usually carried out on severe valve damage, which involves the aortic or mitral valve. Transcatheter aortic valve implantation is a minimal invasive surgical procedure, which is performed while the heart is beating. Transcatheter aortic valve is used to repair a damaged or diseased aortic valve such as severe symptomatic aortic stenosis.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Transcatheter Heart Valve Replacement and Repair Market
- Rise in prevalence of aortic valve diseases to be major driver
- Rapid technological advancements, increased investment for medical device research by health-care businesses, increase in patient desire for less invasive operations, and undesirable consequences connected with the use of traditional diagnostic procedures are driving the transcatheter valve replacement and repair market across the globe. Transcatheter heart valve is extensively utilized in the treatment for heart failure in various surgical specialties. Mitral regurgitation is the most common valvular lesion in the world, In the U.S., surgeons perform 106,000 heart valve surgeries each year.
- Transcatheter valve is currently used to perform in pulmonary valvular heart disease in the U.S. The transcatheter valve replacement and repair market is likely to be driven by an increase in the number of mitral regurgitation surgeries during the forecast period.
- Major driver for the transcatheter valve replacement and repair market is a rise in the prevalence of mitral regurgitation, severe aortic stenosis disorder, and an increase in the demand for less invasive procedure for high risk patients
- Long regulatory approval times, increased spending on research & development, expensive device and maintenance costs, and a lack of awareness are expected to limit the transcatheter valve replacement and repair market during the forecast period.
Transcatheter Heart Valve Replacement and Repair Market: Segmentation
- In terms of product type, the transcatheter heart valve replacement and repair market can be classified into transcatheter aortic valve replacement, transcatheter mitral valve repair and replacement, and transcatheter pulmonary valve replacement
- In terms of by procedure, the transcatheter heart valve replacement and repair market can be classified into heart valve repair and heart valve replacement
- Based on application, the transcatheter heart valve replacement and repair market can be divided into aortic valvular heart disease, mitral valvular heart disease, and pulmonary valvular heart disease
- In terms of end-user, the transcatheter heart valve replacement and repair market can be classified into hospitals, cardiac catheterization laboratory, and surgical ambulatory services
North America Transcatheter Heart Valve Replacement and Repair Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the transcatheter heart valve replacement and repair market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominates the transcatheter heart valve replacement and repair market due to the growing prevalence of heart valve disorders in the region. In the U.S., surgeons perform 106,000 heart valve surgeries each year. Early-phase diagnosis and surgery for diseases is driving the pharmaceutical market, which in turn is expected to drive the transcatheter heart valve replacement and repair market in North America. Europe is the second-leading market for transcatheter heart valve replacement and repair due to favorable government policies regarding health care infrastructure and high incidence of heart valve diseases in the region.
- The transcatheter heart valve replacement and repair market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a substantial growth rate due to increasing geriatric population, increased frequency of heart stroke requiring surgery, technology advancements, and high per capita spending in the region
- Furthermore, economic growth in countries such as India and China in Asia Pacific and Brazil in Latin America has aided the development of healthcare infrastructure in these regions, which in turn is estimated to propel the transcatheter heart valve replacement and repair market during the forecast period
Leading Players Operating in Transcatheter Heart Valve Replacement and Repair Market
Key players operating in the transcatheter heart valve replacement and repair market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Medtronic, Inc.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corporation
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- St. Jude Medical, Inc.
- Braile Biomedica
- JenaValve Technology
- HighLife Medical
- CryoLife, Inc.
- MiCardia Corporation
- Accellent Inc.
Transcatheter Heart Valve Replacement and Repair Market: Research Scope
Transcatheter Heart Valve Replacement and Repair Market, by Product
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair and Replacement
- Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve Replacement
Transcatheter Heart Valve Replacement and Repair Market, by Procedure
- Heart Valve Repair
- Heart Valve Replacement
Transcatheter Heart Valve Replacement and Repair Market, by Applications
- Aortic Valvular Heart Disease
- Mitral Valvular Heart Disease
- Pulmonary Valvular Heart Disease
Transcatheter Heart Valve Replacement and Repair Market, by End-user
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Surgical Ambulatory Services
Transcatheter Heart Valve Replacement and Repair Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.