Synthetic Absorbable Sutures Market
Synthetic Absorbable Sutures Market (Product Type: Polyglactin Sutures, Polyglycolic Acid Sutures, Poliglecaprone Sutures, Poliglecaprone 25, and Polydioxanone Sutures; Material Type: Monofilament Sutures and Braided Sutures; Application: Valve Sutures, Cardiovascular Sutures, Gynecology Sutures, Orthopedic Sutures, Dental Sutures, Cosmetic Surgery Sutures, Ophthalmic Sutures, and General Sutures; and End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Specialty Clinics, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Strategic Collaborations between Distributors and Medtech Companies Strengthen Supply Chains
Braided and coated synthetic absorbable sutures are gaining widespread acceptance in gastrointestinal and gynecological procedures. This explains why the revenue of gynecology applications is estimated for aggressive growth in the synthetic absorbable sutures market, where the market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 3 Bn by the end of 2027. Hence, distributors and medtech companies are setting their collaboration wheels in motion to generate sales. For instance, Uniplex (UK) Ltd.- a specialist in the repair and servicing of surgical instruments and medical devices, has joined forces with Meril Life, a medical device manufacturer, to strengthen their distribution channels in the global synthetic absorbable sutures market.
Medtech companies are investing in capacity additions to increase the availability of braided and coated synthetic sutures that degrade via hydrolysis and ensure reliable absorption. They are increasing focus in multi-stroke technology to ensure that every suture is stitched to reduce the incidences of suture snapping.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Synthetic Absorbable Sutures Market
Biocompatibility and Porosity of Materials Become Key Focus Points for Suture Innovations
Surgical sutures have become one of the most common implantable medical textiles in the synthetic absorbable sutures market. This trend is contributing toward the robust growth of the synthetic absorbable sutures market, which is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. Due to increased popularity of sutures post surgical procedures, medtech companies are increasingly focusing on biocompatibility of textile materials to ensure predictable absorption of sutures. Likewise, porosity of synthetic absorbable sutures has become an important deciding factor that determines how fast the human tissue will heal after the surgery.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Manufacturers in the market for synthetic absorbable sutures are increasing their R&D activities to introduce sutures with small circular fibers that are better encapsulate with the human tissue, thus improving the patient quality of life. They are developing absorbable sutures that remain free from surface contamination such as from lubricants and sizing. As such, companies are increasing their production capabilities in polyglactin sutures, since the revenue of these sutures is slated for exponential growth during the assessment period.
Synthetic Absorbable Sutures Induced with Triclosan Help Reduce SSI Incidences
Synthetic absorbable sutures containing triclosan are becoming more commonplace for wound closure applications among adults and children after surgical procedures. Moreover, triclosan helps to fight off microorganisms and prevent incidences of surgical sight infections (SSIs). According to the recently published medtech innovation briefing by NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence), absorbable sutures are replacing traditional non-antibacterial sutures. However, synthetic absorbable sutures are more expensive than non-antibacterial sutures. As such, the relatively high cost is offset by the fact that absorbable sutures help in prevention of SSIs, thus resulting in increased sales.
Novel absorbable sutures containing triclosan as provided by Ethicon, Inc.— a subsidiary of leading medical devices company Johnson & Johnson, are being highly publicized in the Europe synthetic absorbable sutures market. This is evident since the revenue of the synthetic absorbable sutures market in Europe is projected for exponential growth. Manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities to produce both monofilament and multifilament sutures.
Distribution Companies Strive to Keep Business Operations Functional Amidst COVID-19 Outbreak
Recent developments of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in the U.K. have significantly disrupted supply chains in the synthetic absorbable sutures market. However, several distributors are striving to maintain 100% ‘in stock’ for synthetic absorbable sutures and other medical devices that fall under the category of regularly purchased products. Organizations are taking necessary precautions to prevent the spread of coronavirus. In order to meet any urgent patient needs, numerous companies in the synthetic absorbable sutures market have acquired special permissions from local authorities to keep certain amount of business operations functional.
Medtech companies are requesting that all non-essential visits to the office wait until the situation stabilizes in the U.K. They are resorting to virtual meetings through Skype or telephone to meet urgent client requirements. Companies have curtailed their national and international plans to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Distribution companies in the U.K. synthetic absorbable sutures market have put many business continuity plans of critical partners on hold in order to stabilize business operations amidst the growing COVID-19 pandemic. On the other hand, drug-eluting sutures are being highly publicized to exhibit additive effects on the affected site.
Manufacturers are experimenting with copolymers of glycolide and lactide to increase the tensile strength of sutures. However, growing incidences of sutures snapping are likely to slow down market growth. Hence, companies should gain expertise in multi-stroke technology to ensure each suture is swaged to reduce incidence of sutures snapping. Excellent knot security and smooth knot run-down are becoming the key focus points for innovations among medtech companies.
Synthetic Absorbable Sutures Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current scenario and future prospects of the global synthetic absorbable sutures market
- Surgical sutures/stitches are commonly used in post-surgery procedures to heal and prevent wound from infection. They are also used to close a wound after a surgery or an accidental injury. They are used to improve and speed up the healing process. Synthetic absorbable surgical suture is a medical accessory used for holding tissue together after surgery. The application of surgical suture involves the use of a needle attached to a thread. Different types of materials are used for surgical sutures such as polypropylene sutures, stainless steel, silk, and polyester sutures.
- Use of sutures depends on the body’s ability to absorb and degrade the suture material over time. These sutures dissolve in the body as the wound heals. For internal wounds, reopening of the body part is required to remove the sutures. Use of absorbable sutures circumvents the need for reopening of the internal wound. As a result, absorbable sutures are often used internally. Natural and synthetic absorbable sutures are available in the market whose use depends on the wound site, surgeon’s preference, and wound characteristics.
- Growth of the global synthetic absorbable sutures market can be attributed to increase in number of surgical procedures, rapidly increasing population, changing in lifestyle, and early adoption of treatment procedures. Technological advancement is another driving factor, which adds value to the surgical sutures industry and fulfils the customer demand. However, factors such as availability of other advanced wound closure materials and burgeoning demand for minimally invasive procedures may hamper the market growth to some extent during the forecast period. Advanced wound closure materials such as glues, hemostats, fibrin, and other sealants offer significant threat to the synthetic absorbable sutures market growth as the industry is witnessing a shift from traditional wound closure material to advanced wound closure products.
- The report provides an elaborate executive summary, which includes a snapshot of various segments of the global synthetic absorbable sutures market. It also provides information and data analysis of the global synthetic absorbable sutures market with regards to segments based on product type, material type, application, end user, and region.
- The overview section of the synthetic absorbable sutures market report provides a detailed qualitative analysis of drivers, restraints, and opportunities that impact the global synthetic absorbable sutures market
- The report includes company profiles that provide information about their business, product portfolios, and competitive landscape in the global synthetic absorbable sutures market
- The report on the global synthetic absorbable sutures market also offers market attractiveness analysis of regions and segments
- The last section of the global synthetic absorbable sutures market report comprises quantitative and qualitative analysis on market share/position of key players operating in the global synthetic absorbable sutures market. It analyzes key competitive strategies adopted by major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global synthetic absorbable sutures market.
- Market size of the global synthetic absorbable sutures market and forecast for each of the segments have been provided from 2017 to 2027. The CAGRs of respective segments have also been provided from 2019 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year.
Synthetic Absorbable Sutures Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global synthetic absorbable sutures market has been segmented into North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Israel, and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Each region considered in the market has been further divided into countries/sub-regions.
- The synthetic absorbable sutures market report provides size and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2017 to 2027. The CAGR for each of these regions and countries has also been provided for the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The synthetic absorbable sutures market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Covered in Synthetic Absorbable Sutures Market Report
- Key players in the global synthetic absorbable sutures market have been profiled based on attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major players having presence in the global synthetic absorbable sutures market include
- B. Braun Melsungen AG,
- Medtronic plc
- Teleflex Incorporated, Johnson & Johnson
- Smith & Nephew plc
- Acelity L.P. Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
- ConMed Corporation
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
Synthetic Absorbable Sutures Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global synthetic absorbable sutures market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the revenue of the global synthetic absorbable sutures market for the period from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global synthetic absorbable sutures market from 2019 to 2027.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global synthetic absorbable sutures market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global synthetic absorbable sutures market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global synthetic absorbable sutures market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global synthetic absorbable sutures market. The next section of the global report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, key mergers & acquisitions, technological advancements, and key developments in the global synthetic absorbable sutures market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global synthetic absorbable sutures market. Key players operating in the global synthetic absorbable sutures market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global synthetic absorbable sutures market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Synthetic Absorbable Sutures Market Report
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global synthetic absorbable sutures market?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments of the global synthetic absorbable sutures market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the global synthetic absorbable sutures market in terms of revenue by 2027?
- How mergers & acquisitions among players are widening the scope for the market?
- What is the market position of different companies operating in the global synthetic absorbable sutures market?
Synthetic Absorbable Sutures Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global synthetic absorbable sutures market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. The report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global synthetic absorbable sutures market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global synthetic absorbable sutures market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the global synthetic absorbable sutures market. Furthermore, a Y-o-Y analysis with elaborated insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y trends of the global synthetic absorbable sutures market. The next section of the report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, key mergers & acquisitions, technological advancements, and key industry developments in the global market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into smaller ones. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global synthetic absorbable sutures market in terms of product type, material, application, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2027 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global synthetic absorbable sutures market.
Synthetic Absorbable Sutures Market - Segmentation
Polyglycolic Acid Sutures
Cosmetic Surgery Sutures
Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Middle East & Africa