Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin Market
Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin Market (Application - Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases and Secondary Immunodeficiency Diseases; End User - Hospitals, Clinics, and Home Care) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global subcutaneous immunoglobulin market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, Rise in prevalence of autoimmune disorders, Increase in global geriatric population, Growing usage in off-label indications are projected to drive the global subcutaneous immunoglobulin market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global subcutaneous immunoglobulin market was valued at US$ 4.0 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 13.1% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin Market
Rise in Prevalence of Autoimmune Disorders and Increase in Global Geriatric Population to Increase the Demand of Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin: Key Drivers
- The global subcutaneous immunoglobulin market continues to expand at a high growth rate due to increasing prevalence of autoimmune diseases such as primary humoral immunodeficiency (PIDD), multiple sclerosis, immune thrombocytopenia purpura (ITP), autoimmune hemolytic anemia, and Kawasaki syndrome. For instance, According to the Immune Deficiency Foundation (IDF), in 2018, approximately 1 people per 4,000 in the U.S. suffer from primary immunodeficiency and there are over 5 million undiagnosed cases in the U.S. alone.
- Prevalence of several diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and neurological disorders is rising due to rapidly increasing geriatric population. The geriatric population is more vulnerable to diseases due to poor immunity.
- According to the World Health Organization, the global geriatric population is likely to reach around 2 billion (22% of global population) by 2050 as against 900 million in 2015. Countries such as India, China, Thailand, and South Korea are also expected to have large geriatric populations in the shortest span of time in the near future.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Growing Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin Usage in Off-label Indications and Technological Advancement Boost Market Growth
- The steady increase in the use of immunoglobulin for treatment of off-label indications is expected to drive the market during the forecast period. Common off-label indications treated with intravenous immunoglobulin are Guillain-Barre syndrome, multifocal motor neuropathy, dermatomyositis, polymyositis, stiff person syndrome, and relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, among others
- Technological improvements in the production and purification methods of intravenous and subcutaneous immunoglobulin (SCIG) have made these safer and free from protein, viral, or any other contaminants. This has increased clinician preference for usage of IVIG and SCIG. This in turn is expected to boost demand for subcutaneous immunoglobulin.
High Cost of Treatment and Supply Demand Gaps to Hamper Market
- Cost of plasma collection and manufacturing processes is high as compared to materials and processes used in the manufacture of traditional pharmaceutical products. Moreover, being a blood derived component, highly sophisticated collection, purification, and storage methods are required for subcutaneous immunoglobulin (SCIG) products.
- Due to fewer market players and the time gap between plasma collection and getting the product in the market, SCIG production becomes a tedious and time-consuming process, if not managed properly can hamper the subcutaneous immunoglobulin (SCIG) market during the forecast period.
Global Subcutaneous immunoglobulin Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global subcutaneous immunoglobulin market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global subcutaneous immunoglobulin market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global subcutaneous immunoglobulin market are
- Biotest AG
- CSL Limited
- Kedrion S.p.A
- Octapharma AG
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Bio Products Laboratory Ltd.
- LFB S.A. .
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Subcutaneous immunoglobulin Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global subcutaneous immunoglobulin market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global subcutaneous immunoglobulin market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global subcutaneous immunoglobulin market are:
- In March 2019, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited received U.S. FDA approval to manufacture flexbumin at new plasma manufacturing facility near Covington, Georgia
- In July 2019, Grifols S.A. received the USFDA approval for Xembify for treatment of primary immunodeficiencies.
- In September 2018, CSL Behring received the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approval for Hizentra for treatment of chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP)
The report on the global subcutaneous immunoglobulin market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of subcutaneous immunoglobulin. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global subcutaneous immunoglobulin market.
TMR’s report on the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins Market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins market. Key players operating in the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Subcutaneous Immunoglobulins Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for subcutaneous immunoglobulins providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins Market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the subcutaneous immunoglobulins Market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the subcutaneous immunoglobulins market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global subcutaneous immunoglobulins Market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Subcutaneous Immunoglobulins Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Subcutaneous Immunoglobulins Market - Segmentation
Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases
Secondary Immunodeficiency Diseases
Home Care Setting
Middle East & Africa