Sterilization Services Market
Sterilization Services Market (Method: Gas Modalities, Radiation Modalities, Steam, and Others; Type: Contract Sterilization Services and Sterilization Validation Services; Mode of Delivery: Offsite Sterilization Services and Onsite Sterilization Services; and End User: Medical Device Companies, Hospitals & Clinics, Food & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Rise in Number of Hospital-acquired Infections to Increase Demand
For several decades, inadequate sterilization has remained a major cause of concern in an array of industrial sectors, including healthcare, food & beverages, and pharmaceutical. Within the healthcare sector, the mounting concerns over healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) via person-to-person or environmental transmission have played a key role in augmenting the sterilization services market in recent times– a trend that is expected to continue during the forecast period. Several studies are in place that is currently investigating the effectiveness of various sterilization techniques. Recent advancements in sterilization techniques are a major factor that is projected to fuel the demand for sterilization services across the pharmaceutical sector.
Ethylene oxide sterilization techniques are increasingly being used to sterilize medical device materials and medical devices. The demand for sterilization services, particularly from medical device manufacturers is likely to witness exponential growth during the forecast period. Apart from the uptake from the medical sector, ethylene oxide sterilization services are increasingly being deployed across the industrial sector. Amidst mounting environmental concerns and efforts to curb environmental degradation, participants operating in sterilization are expected to minimize ethylene oxide emissions. Moreover, the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to influence the growth of the market for sterilization services, as the demand for advanced sterilization products is likely to grow at an exponential rate in the upcoming years. At the back of these factors coupled with evolving guidelines pertaining to how sterilization services are projected to be used across different industries, the global sterilization services market is expected to attain a market value of ~US$ 5.7 Bn by the end of 2027.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Sterilization Services Market
Technological Advancements Trigger Demand for Cutting-edge Sterilization Services Worldwide
Technological advancements in the global sterilization services have played a key role in enhancing reliability, efficiency, and performance monitoring capabilities of various sterilization equipment. In recent years, within the sterilization services market, plasma sterilization has emerged as one of the most promising substitutes for conventional sterilization techniques. In addition, the adoption of plasma sterilization techniques is expected to witness considerable growth, as the process is free from toxic chemicals and a turnaround time of around one minute. Apart from plasma sterilization, pulsed light sterilization has also gained considerable popularity within the sterilization services market over the past few years. The development of new sterilization techniques is largely triggered by the use of new materials and instruments. Plasma sterilization has emerged as an ideal sterilization technique within the implantology space.
Research and development activities over the past couple of decades have primarily focused on studying the nature of low-pressure plasma sterilization. Some of the most extensively used sterilization services and systems that are studied across the world include inductively coupled plasma (ICP), capacitively coupled plasma (CCP), and electron cyclotron resonance plasma (ECR). Although operators in the global sterilization services are of the opinion that conventional sterilization services, including e-beam and autoclaves are likely to have a higher adoption rate as they are cost-effective and faster, low-pressure plasma sterilization is expected to gain traction in the plastic industry wherein sterilization of biodegradable and non-degradable plastic is on the rise. Another potential field wherein low-pressure plasma sterilization is gaining ground in the current market landscape is the sterilization and disinfection of space flight.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Impact of COVID-19 on Sterilization Services
The global sterilization services market is expected to enter unchartered territories in the next couple of years. The advent of the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to influence the growth of the global sterilization services market amidst a severe shortage of medical devices that was existing. However, COVID-19 is likely to have a strong impact on the expansion of the market for sterilization services over the next couple of years. Several companies operating in the sterilization services market are on the verge or have already invested resources to improve their sterilization techniques in their efforts to combat the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The sterilization of personal protective equipment and clothing of healthcare workers has emerged as the top priority across the global healthcare sector.
Several countries are adopting various sterilization techniques, including irradiation sterilization to enhance the production efficiency in protective clothing. For instance, the subsidiary company of China National Nuclear Corporation revealed how irradiation sterilization is expected to provide a significant boost in the sterilization process of medical protective suites. In addition, in comparison with the conventional sterilization techniques, irradiation is eco-friendly and has greater efficacy.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The advent of the novel COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to provide plenty of opportunities for market players, as the demand for sterilization of personal protective equipment and protective clothing is expected to reach new frontiers in the upcoming months.
Sterilization Services Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current scenario and future growth prospects of the global sterilization services market
- The report provides an elaborate executive summary, which provides a snapshot of various segments of the global market. It also provides information and data analysis of the global sterilization services market with respect to segments based on method, type, mode of delivery,enduser, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides a detailed qualitative analysis of drivers, restraints, and opportunities that impact the global sterilization services market
- The report includes company profiles, which provide information about business strategies, product portfolios, and financials of players operating in the global sterilization services market and competitive landscape of the market
- The report on the global sterilization services market offers attractiveness analysis of different segments of the market across regions
- The last section of the report comprises quantitative and qualitative analysis on market share/position of key players operating in the market. It analyzes key competitive strategies adopted by major market players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competition scenario in the global sterilization services market.
Sterilization Services Market: Key Segments
- In terms of method, the global sterilization services market has been classified into gas modalities, radiation modalities, steam, and others. The gas modalities segment has beenbifurcated into ethylene oxide and others. The radiation modalities segment has been categorized into gamma, electron beam, and others. The gas modalities segment accounted for major market share in 2018. The ethylene oxide gas sterilization process is the most frequently used sterilization process due to its effectiveness, low cost, and compatibility with a range of materials. These factors are expected to drive the sub-segment during the forecast period.
- Based on type, the global market has been split intocontract sterilization services and sterilization validation services. The contract sterilization services segment accounted for the largest market share in 2018. Growth of the segment can be attributed to rise in prevalence of hospital-acquired infections and high adoption of contract sterilization services.
- In terms of mode of delivery, the global sterilization services market has been divided intooffsite sterilization services and onsite sterilization services. Theoffsite sterilization services segment accounted for major market share in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue in the near future.Increase in admissionsin hospitals, developing healthcare business environment, and significant improvement in healthcare service offerings are expected to drive the segment during the forecast period.
- Based on enduser, the global market has been classified intomedical device companies, hospitals & clinics, food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, and others.The medical device companies segment accounted for significant market share in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue in the near future. The food & beverages segment is expected to grow at a rapid pace, owing to increase in demand for food irradiation services, especially for vegetables, fruits, nuts, and others.
- Market size and forecast for each of the segments of the global sterilization services market have been provided for the period from 2017 to 2027. The CAGRs of the segmentsof the globalsterilization services market have also been provided for the period from 2019 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year.
Sterilization Services Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global sterilization services market has been segmented into North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Each region of the global market has been divided into major countries/sub-regions.
- The report provides the size and forecast of the market in each region and country/sub-region for the period from 2017 to 2027. The CAGR of the market in each of these regions and countries/sub-regions has also been provided for the period from 2019 to 2027. The study also covers the market competition scenario in these regions.
- Continuous focus on quality management, increase in number of healthcare providers opting for sterilization services, and rise in number of contract sterilization facilities for hospital supplies are expected to boost the growth of the market in North America
Companies Covered in Sterilization Services Market Report
- Key players in the global sterilization services market have been profiled based on attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major companies profiled in the global sterilization services market report are
- E-BEAM Services, Inc.
- MEDISTRI SA
- BGS Beta-Gamma-Service GmbH & Co. KG
- Sterigenics U.S.
- LLC – A Sotera Health company
- Cosmed Group
- Microtrol Sterilization Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Midwest Sterilization Corporation
- Andersen Caledonia
- Sterilization Services, Steri-Tek
- Cantel Medical Corp.
- Steris plc
- WuXi AppTec
- Avantti Medi Clear
Sterilization Services Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global sterilization services market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the revenue of the global sterilization services market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global sterilization services market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global sterilization services market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global sterilization services market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global sterilization services market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global sterilization services market. The next section of the global sterilization services market report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenario by region, technological advancements, and key industry events (mergers, acquisitions, new service launch, etc.)
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global sterilization services market. Key players operating in the global sterilization services market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standing, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global sterilization services market report.
Key Questions Answered in Sterilization Services Market Report
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global sterilization services market?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments of the global sterilization services market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the global sterilization services market in terms of revenue by 2027?
- How alliances & partnerships among players are widening the scope of the global sterilization services market?
- What is the market position of different companies operating in the global sterilization services market?
Sterilization Services Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global sterilization services market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research on the global sterilization services market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global sterilization services market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the global sterilization services market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y trends in the global sterilization services market. The next section of the global sterilization services market report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenario by region/globally, technological advancements, and key industry events (mergers, acquisitions, new service launch, etc.)
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into smaller ones. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global sterilization services market in terms of method, type, mode of delivery, enduser, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length and the market share for each of these at the end of 2027 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global sterilization services market.
Sterilization Services Market - Segmentation
Mode of Delivery