A biologic is a substance which actively alters its surrounding environment and effects a change through a biological process. Biologics have been an increasingly important component to be used in spinal fusion surgery, due to the growing awareness about their potential impact, usage of bone graft substitutes, and the rising geriatric population.
Spine biologics are used in the treatment of spine trauma, tumors, and degenerative diseases in order to achieve arthrodesis in case of deformity or instability. They actively improve bone formation and stimulate spinal fusion, unlike metals, which are inert and do not alter cell function or stimulate cell growth. The favored usage of biologics among surgeons, the minimal pain and invasiveness they cause, and the rise in obesity as well as geriatric population are drivers of the global spine biologics market. However, the high cost of the process is expected to be a constraint during the forecast period.
The spine biologics market has been segmented by product, type of surgery, end-user, and regions. In terms of product type, spine biologics are classified into the bone graft, bone graft substitution, platelet rich plasma (PRP), and bone marrow aspirate (BMAC) categories. Based on type of surgery, the divisions are anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF), anterior lumbar interbody fusion (ALIF), lateral lumbar interbody fusion (LLIF), and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF). Bone morphogenetic protein is predominantly employed in spinal surgery. RhBMP-2 approved by FDA in 2002 and marketed as infuse by Medtronic Sofamor Danek, Inc. is used for insertion within a titanium tapered cage in anterior lumbar interbody fusion surgery.
Geographically, the spine biologics market is distributed over North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa. North America holds a major share in the market, followed by Europe, due to developed technologies and hospitals, rise in the citizens’ per capita income, and improved medical literacy. The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a higher rate due to the rising population, significant improvements in medical technology, awareness, improved medical coverage, and growing demands in India and China.
Some of the key players operating in the market include Alphatec Spine, DePuy Spine, Medtronic, Stryker Corporation, Smith & Nephew Plc, Orthovita Inc., Zimmer Spine Inc., K2M, Nuvasive, Lattice Biologics, Arthrex, Inc., DMP Spine, Orthofix Holdings, RTI Surgical, Wright Medical Technology, Cesca Therapeutics, and Precision Spine. These companies are following strategic approaches such as mergers and product launches while also focusing on cost-effective surgeries and patient awareness to maintain a significant position in the global spine biologics market.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.