Bone Allografts Market
Products in global bone allografts market, bone allografts are implantable materials that promote bone healing, osseous reconstruction, and bone formation. They display impressive qualities owing to their osteogenic, osteo-inductive, and osteo-conductive properties. Advancements in the field of medical and bioengineering technologies have resulted in steady shift from autografts to allografts. This trend is expected to motivate the global bone allografts market in coming years. Products in the global bone allografts market are used in sports, plastic, spinal, dental, trauma, and facial surgeries. They are used to provide structural stability in cases of the absence of a bone in humans. Most common applications of the products in the global bone allografts market include bone healing, complex fracture treatments, bone replacements, and wound healing, among others.
Many players and manufacturers in the global bone allografts market are engaged in research and development activities to deliver natural and more efficient products to healthcare players. Introduction of biocompatible synthetic allografts is expected to foster the growth of the global bone allografts market in near future. Technological advancements and increasing requirement from dental industry are also expected to fuel the demand in the global bone allografts market in coming years. Rising utilization of minimally invasive surgical procedures is also anticipated to bolster the thriving global bone allografts market in years to come.
Bone Allografts Market: Introduction
- Bone allografts are widely used in dentistry. The preparation and processing for safe use and effective graft material needs an experienced clinician who can handle and place the allografts in the right position. Antigenicity and risk of disease transmission from donor to recipient are major concerns associated with the materials. Bone allografts are also utilized in other types of surgeries involving bone from minor defects to major bone loss after tumor resection.
- Bone allograft is used to repair skeletal defects. These are viable alternatives to bone autografts due to limited supply. Moreover, bone allografts enable structural restoration of the skeleton and their surfaces support bone formation. The principle involved in successful bone grafts include osteoconduction, osteoinduction, and osteogenesis.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Bone Allografts Market
- Increase in incidence of periodontal diseases among young adults and rise in demand for orthopedic bone allografts & casting materials, especially among the geriatric population, are factors projected to drive the global bone allografts market. According to the United Nations, by 2050, the geriatric population is expected to account for over 25% of the general population in Europe and Northern America, 20% in Oceania, 17% in Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean, and 6% in Africa. According to BandGrip, Inc., an aging population means increase in orthopedic patients, with data suggesting that there would be a record 6.6 million orthopedic surgeries performed annually by 2020.
- High prevalence of osteoporosis and dental problems is another major factor propelling the global bone allografts market. According to SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN, around one in 10 older adults in the U.S suffers from osteoporosis.
- In the absence of disease modifying therapy, a large number of patients with osteoarthritis progress to advance joint destruction. Surgery with bone grafts plays a major role in the management of osteoarthritis to avoid advanced joint destruction. This, in turn, is expected to drive the global market. However, rise in surgical costs and ethical concerns about bone grafting techniques are likely to restrain the global bone allografts market.
- Bone allografts are widely used in orthopedic procedures. Majority of elective procedures were postponed or cancelled during the COVID-19 epidemic. This resulted in a significant decline in sales of orthopedic surgery devices such as bone allografts and substitutes. Additionally, extended factory closures by market players across several countries hampered bone allografts production. However, the situation is projected to improve, as governments across the world begin to reduce regulations to allow companies to resume operations. Furthermore, demand for bone grafts and substitutes is anticipated to increase following the resumption of elective surgeries and procedures in the near future.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Bone Allografts Market
- North America is expected to account for major share of the global bone allografts market during the forecast period. Increase in number of minimally invasive surgeries is likely to fuel the market in the region.
- The bone allografts market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increase in utilization of innovative solutions for spinal fusion and healing bones.
Key Players Operating in Global Bone Allografts Market
The global bone allografts market is fragmented due to the presence of international as well as local players. A number of these players hold major share in their respective regions. Demand for bone allograft products has increased in emerging as well as developed markets. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market.
Major players operating in the global bone allografts market are:
- Zimmer Biomet
- Lynch Biologics, LLC
- Royal Biologics
- Johnsons & Johnsons
- Arthrex, Inc.
- Smith & Nephew
- Other Prominent Players
Global Bone Allografts Market: Research Scope
Global Bone Allografts Market, by Type
- Corticocancellous Bone Allografts
- Osteoinductive Bone Allografts
- Massive Structural Bone Allografts
Global Bone Allografts Market, by Application
- Sports Surgery
- Reconstruction & Traumatology
Global Bone Allografts Market, by End-user
- Hospital & Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Bone Allografts Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.