Sperm Separation Systems Market: Introduction
- Fertilization of an egg with a sperm outside the body is known as in vitro fertilization (IVF). Sperm separation systems, imaging systems, incubators, cabinets, cryopreservation media, and embryo culture media are various products for assisted reproductive procedures.
- Sperm separation system is used for separation of motile sperm cells from debris and non-motile sperm cells from the semen sample. The system is used in various in assisted reproductive procedures such as IVF, intrauterine insemination (IUI), and intra-cervical insemination (ICI).
- The system consists of a separation assistance system disposable kit and a heating device. The kit includes containers (separators) for separation media and heating device allows maintenance of sperm sample at the required temperature. The system allows migration of motile sperm cells from the semen layer into the media
- The global sperm separation systems market is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to rise in infertility in men, changing lifestyle, addiction to alcohol and smoking, and stress
- According to the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, there were 499 assisted reproductive technology clinics in the U.S. in 2015 and 72,913 infants were born as a result of cycles started in 2015
- As per the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), in Europe, pregnancy rates per started treatment was calculated at 27.1% after IVF in 2015. Moreover, Spain is one of the most active countries in assisted reproduction, with 140,909 treatment cycles performed in 2015
- In China, the demand for IVF is increasing due to rise in the number of couples spending heavily on fertility treatments and end of one-child policy. Reproductive Healthcare, a Mason Group company, stated that number of IVF procedures in China is expected to reach 2 million within five or 10 years. This offers growth opportunities for IVF devices and consumables companies to expand their presence in China.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Sperm Separation Systems Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Sperm Separation Systems Market
- The global sperm separation systems market is expected to be driven by various factors, such as incidence of infertility in men and women and government initiatives, including awareness about sex education and assisted reproduction procedures
- Increase in the number of countries covering infertility treatment under medical insurance and rise in the adoption of microfluidic technologies of assisted reproductive procedures are likely to boost the growth of the global sperm separation systems market during the forecast period
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Sperm Separation Systems Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global sperm separation systems market during the forecast period, led by advancements in IVF, rise in successful birth through IVF, and increase in number of fertility clinics
- According to the National ART Outcomes Report, 263,577 IVF cycles were performed in the U.S. in 2016
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Sperm Separation Systems Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Sperm Separation Systems Market
Major players operating in the global sperm separation systems market are:
- Lotus Bio (NYMPHAEA) Ltd.
- IVF Store
- Sperm Processor
- Koek Biotechnology Bioengineering and Medical Services Industry & Trade Inc.
- Promega Corporation
- Hamilton Thorne, Inc.
- Nidacon International AB
- Eppendorf AG
Global Sperm Separation Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Sperm Separation Systems Market, by Technology
Global Sperm Separation Systems Market, by End-user
- Fertility Centers
- IVF Laboratories
Global Sperm Separation Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.