Electroporation Instruments Market
Electroporation Instruments Market (Product: Total Electroporation System, Eukaryotic Electroporation System, and Microbial Electroporation System; and Application: Bio-Medical Research, Therapeutic Delivery, and Protein Production) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Increasing Demand for Electroporation to Transfer Dyes, Ions, Nucleic Acids across Cell Membrane to Aid Market Growth
Technological advancements and R&D activities have played an imperative role in bringing about groundbreaking changes across the healthcare sector. The entry of new technologies has paved the way for cutting-edge medical devices that are increasingly being used to treat an array of medical diseases and conditions. Over the past couple of decades, major developments have occurred across the electroporation instruments market landscape, as market players continue to focus on improving the efficiency and performance of their products. Electroporation is an established physical technique that is primarily used to introduce polar molecules, including DNA into eukaryotic cells via the cell membrane.
Since its discovery in 1982, electroporation is increasingly being used to transfer a range of molecules, including drugs, dyes, ions, and nucleic acids across the membrane of the cell. Over the past two to three decades, considerable progress has been made across the electroporation instruments market, as applications of electroporation continue to expand from DNA transportation to gene transfer, gene therapy, and chemotherapy, among others. Furthermore, with considerable growth in the research and development expenditure, electroporation is extensively being used to deliver chemotherapy drugs and gene electro transfer– factors that are expected to boost the growth of the global electroporation instruments market during the forecast period.
At the back of these factors, the global electroporation instruments market is on the course to surpass ~US$ 244 Mn mark by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Electroporation Instruments Market
Impressive Approval Rate and Growing Adoption in Developed Regions to Bolster Market Growth
Developed regions, including North America and Europe are expected to provide lucrative growth opportunities to the players involved in the current electroporation instruments market landscape. The advanced healthcare infrastructure coupled with rapid advancements in technology is expected to play an imperative role in boosting the growth of the electroporation instruments market in these regions. Furthermore, the approval rate of electroporation instruments across Europe and North America is comparatively higher than that across the Asia Pacific region. In addition, as electroporation continues to gain considerable adoption across Europe due to the increasing approval for the clinical use of electro chemotherapy, market players are likely to focus on tapping into the opportunities across the European Union. Furthermore, as regulations and guidelines pertaining to the adequate usage of electroporation instruments continue to being published, the demand for electroporation instruments continues to grow.
Progress in Gene Editing Techniques to Propel Market Growth
Advancements in gene editing technologies, including regularly-interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR) and CRISPR-associated (Cas) proteins or transcription activator-like effector nucleases (TALENs) have enabled researchers to curate targeted sequence-specific changes across the DNA– a factor that is expected to increase the adoption of electroporation instruments in the upcoming years. As advancements in gene-editing techniques occur at a consistent pace, the prospects of the electroporation instruments market continue to stare at a bright future. Furthermore, as applications of gene editing techniques continue to expand owing to research and development, the adoption of electroporation instruments is likely to witness a considerable growth. In addition, major advancements in the electroporation instruments and electrodes coupled with the increasing compatibility with cutting-edge gene editing technology are likely to play a key role in the overall development of the global electroporation instruments market.
Furthermore, as electroporation penetrates 3D structures with high levels of efficiency, advanced gene editing techniques are likely to gain further traction in the upcoming decade. Moreover, in the current scenario, players operating in the current electroporation instruments market are increasingly focusing on launching preset starting electroporation parameters for highly common samples, which, in turn, is likely to minimize the degree of optimization for researchers.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Market Growth Likely to Remain Steady amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the global electroporation instruments market is expected to remain moderate in 2020, as research and development activities are likely to remain unaffected. Furthermore, increasing adoption of the gene editing technology across the healthcare sector worldwide is likely to continue in 2020 due to which, the electroporation instruments market is projected to witness steady growth. As precision medicines are playing an imperative role in assisting researchers and scientists to evaluate the novel coronavirus, the demand for electroporation instruments is likely to grow. In addition, CRISPR-based diagnostics are increasingly being used to accurately diagnose a range of medical diseases, including the novel COVID-19 infection– another factor that is expected to propel the growth of the market for electroporation instruments during the COVID-19 era.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Electroporation Instruments Market
The global electroporation instruments market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. The market growth is primarily driven by factors such as advancements in the gene editing and gene testing sphere, research and development activities, increasing awareness pertaining to the benefits of electroporation instruments, and surge in the approval rates for electroporation instruments across developed regions, including North America and Europe. Market players should focus on research and development, and leverage opportunities linked to gene editing technique and testing.
Electroporation Instruments Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global electroporation instruments market for the historical period 2018–2019 and forecast period 2020–2030, development of vaccine delivery systems using electroporation technology is projected to drive the global electroporation instruments market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global electroporation instruments market was valued at ~US$ 126 Mn in 2019 and is projected to reach ~US$ 244 Mn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~6% from 2020 to 2030
Development of Vaccine Delivery System Using Electroporation Technology: Key Driver
- Electroporation technique is widely preferred to enhance the uptake of nucleic acid with the DNA in order to generate an immune response against an antigen when the vaccine is delivered through the skin
- Rise in prevalence of infectious diseases and other skin disorders is likely to drive the demand for electroporation instruments. Potential of the electrophoresis method in locating the local antigen expression in epidermis offers a significant advantage to patients.
- Electroporation technique creates an inflammatory environment and hence, its association with DNA vaccination would result in strong expression of vaccine antigen, thus driving the global electroporation instruments market
Rising Demand for Protein Production Promotes Use of Transfection Technology Methods Leading to Market Expansion
- Protein production through the expression of mammalian cells is a significant aspect in the biotechnology industry. Proteins such as erythropoietins and human growth hormones are efficiently utilized as a treatment option for cancers, infectious diseases, and autoimmune diseases.
- Most autoimmune diseases and cancer are treated by biotherapeutics, where protein is the primary ingredient for the production of biotherapeutics
- Electroporation is considered to be highly preferred process in the delivery of protein to study the expression and development of treatment in the genomic engineering process. This, in turn, is likely to propel the global electroporation instruments market.
Non-specific Transport and Other Damages to Hamper Electroporation Instruments Market
- Electroporation methods have few disadvantages compared to other delivery systems
- In some cases, non-specific transport of the material can result in an ion imbalance, which could lead to improper cell function and death. Irreversible electroporation could lead to loss of cell homeostasis, widely considered as unconventional mode for cell death.
- Electroporation method causes complication and skin edema, as compared to other physical methods
- In other chemical methods, instruments are not required, which are highly preferred by some researchers. However, in some instances, electroporation effectiveness is widely influenced by other factors such as cell or tissue type and DNA formulation.
Electroporation Instruments Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global electroporation instruments market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global electroporation instruments market is highly fragmented with the presence of numerous large and small players
- Major players operating in the global electroporation instruments market are
- BEX Co. Ltd.
- Celetrix LLC
- Merck KGaA
- Eppendorf AG
- Harvard Bioscience Inc. (BTX)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- MaxCyte Inc.
- Lonza Group
- Mirus Bio LLC
Electroporation instruments Market: Key Developments
- In January 2018, Harvard Biosciences Inc. acquired Data Sciences International, Inc. worth US$ 71.1 Mn, which is a leading global player offering preclinical products, solutions, systems, and services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, CROs, research laboratories, and government research institutes
- The report on the global electroporation instruments market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of bilirubin analyzers and meters. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global electroporation instruments market.
Electroporation Instruments Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global electroporation instruments market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the revenue of the global electroporation instruments market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global electroporation instruments market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global electroporation instruments market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global electroporation instruments market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global electroporation instruments market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global electroporation instruments market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global electroporation instruments market. Key players operating in the global electroporation instruments market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global electroporation instruments market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Electroporation Instruments Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of companies in the global electroporation instruments market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global electroporation instruments market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global electroporation instruments market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for electroporation instruments providers?
- Which factors will hamper the growth of the global electroporation instruments market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global electroporation instruments market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global electroporation instruments market and arrive at conclusions on the growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global electroporation instruments market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the electroporation instruments market as primary sources.
These primary and secondary sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from electroporation instruments market leaders. Access to extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global electroporation instruments market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenue numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global electroporation instruments market more reliably and accurately.
Electroporation Instruments Market – Segmentation