Safety Needles: Introduction
- Safety needles are injection needles that are designed to protect healthcare workers, patients, and cleaning staff from needle stick injuries
- Safety needles are specifically designed to protect healthcare workers from needle stick injuries, thereby preventing the life-threatening infections by shielding the needle bevel before and after use
- Unsafe injection practices is considered to be a prominent factor for the spread of blood borne infections such as hepatitis B, D and C, and HIV. This has led to the need and development of safety needles.
- Different types of safety needles are available in the market, and they are designed as per indications and usage in the healthcare industry
- Most commonly used safety needles are hypodermic needles, fine aspirating needles, pen needles, and IV catheter needles
Safety Needles Market: Key Drivers
- The global safety needles market has also expanded due to the rising incidents of needle stick injuries across the globe
- It is estimated that every year around 5.6 million healthcare professional in the U.S. have risk of contracting infection through needle stick injuries, and around 1 million healthcare workers in the EU are get needle stick injuries
- Advances in technology and increment in the quantity of players offering safety needles are anticipated to fuel the safety needles market during the forecast period
- Moreover, high prevalence and rise in incidence rates of chronic lifelong diseases that require frequent doses of injection, especially diabetes, are prominent factors that are estimated to propel the safety needles market during the forecast period
Cannula Needles Segment to Dominate Global Market
- The global market for safety needles can be segmented based on product type, application, distribution channel, and region
- Based on product type, the safety needles market can be divided into hypodermic needles, fine aspirating needles, biopsy needles, pen needles, IV catheter needles, Huber needles, spinal anesthesia & epidural needles, blood collection needles, A.V. fistula needles, and cannula needles, and others.
- The cannula needles segment is projected to lead the global safety needles market owing to large volume of cannula needles that are being used in healthcare industries for diverse medical conditions
Injection Segment to Lead Global Market
- In terms of application, the global safety needles market can be classified into drug delivery, sample collection, and injection. The injection segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Significant large volume of injections in the out-patient departments and wide applications of injections are likely to contribute to dominant share of the segment during the forecast period
Clinics Segment to Lead Global Market
- In terms of end-user, the global safety needles market can be classified into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, and home care. The clinics segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Large number of clinics coupled with significant large number of patient footfalls at clinics are estimated to boost the segment during the forecast period
North America Safety Needles Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global safety needles market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global safety needles market during the forecast period. High prevalence and increase in incidence of chronic disorders, increasing number of geriatric population which are more prone to age related disorders, and high per capita healthcare expenditure in the region are key factors that are expected to boost the market in North America during the forecast period
- The safety needles market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to a rise in the number of people suffering from diabetes and other chronic diseases, new product development, and increased availability of these products in Asia and increased adoption of these devices.
- Significant expansion of the healthcare industry, easy access to healthcare facilities, and increase in investments in healthcare by leading players in Asia Pacific are projected to augment the market in the region in the near future
Key Players Operating in Global Safety Needles Market
The global safety needles market is fragmented, with a large number of international and domestic players holding a major share of the global market. Prominent players operating in the global safety needles market include:
- Becton Dickinson and Company.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG.
- Cardinal Health
- Medtronic plc
- Smith Medical
- Argon Medical Devices, Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- NIPRO Medical Corporation
- Terumo Corporation
- Novo Nordisk A/S
Global Safety Needles Market: Research Scope
Global Safety Needles Market, by Product
- Hypodermic Needles
- Fine Aspirating Needles
- Biopsy Needles
- Pen Needles
- IV Catheter Needles
- Huber needles
- Spinal Anesthesia & Epidural Needles
- Blood Collection Needles
- A.V. fistula Needles
- Cannula Needles
Global Safety Needles Market, by Application
- Drug Delivery
- Sample Collection
Global Safety Needles Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Home Care
Global Safety Needles Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.