Safety Needles: Introduction
- Safety needles are injection needles that are designed to protect healthcare workers, patients, and cleaning staff from needle stick injuries
- Safety needles are specifically designed to protect healthcare workers from needle stick injuries, thereby preventing the life-threatening infections by shielding the needle bevel before and after use
- Unsafe injection practices is considered to be a prominent factor for the spread of blood borne infections such as hepatitis B, D and C, and HIV. This has led to the need and development of safety needles.
- Different types of safety needles are available in the market, and they are designed as per indications and usage in the healthcare industry
- Most commonly used safety needles are hypodermic needles, fine aspirating needles, pen needles, and IV catheter needles
Safety Needles Market: Key Drivers
- The global safety needles market has also expanded due to the rising incidents of needle stick injuries across the globe
- It is estimated that every year around 5.6 million healthcare professional in the U.S. have risk of contracting infection through needle stick injuries, and around 1 million healthcare workers in the EU are get needle stick injuries
- Advances in technology and increment in the quantity of players offering safety needles are anticipated to fuel the safety needles market during the forecast period
- Moreover, high prevalence and rise in incidence rates of chronic lifelong diseases that require frequent doses of injection, especially diabetes, are prominent factors that are estimated to propel the safety needles market during the forecast period
Cannula Needles Segment to Dominate Global Market
- The global market for safety needles can be segmented based on product type, application, distribution channel, and region
- Based on product type, the safety needles market can be divided into hypodermic needles, fine aspirating needles, biopsy needles, pen needles, IV catheter needles, Huber needles, spinal anesthesia & epidural needles, blood collection needles, A.V. fistula needles, and cannula needles, and others.
- The cannula needles segment is projected to lead the global safety needles market owing to large volume of cannula needles that are being used in healthcare industries for diverse medical conditions
Injection Segment to Lead Global Market
- In terms of application, the global safety needles market can be classified into drug delivery, sample collection, and injection. The injection segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Significant large volume of injections in the out-patient departments and wide applications of injections are likely to contribute to dominant share of the segment during the forecast period
Clinics Segment to Lead Global Market
- In terms of end-user, the global safety needles market can be classified into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, and home care. The clinics segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Large number of clinics coupled with significant large number of patient footfalls at clinics are estimated to boost the segment during the forecast period
North America Safety Needles Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global safety needles market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global safety needles market during the forecast period. High prevalence and increase in incidence of chronic disorders, increasing number of geriatric population which are more prone to age related disorders, and high per capita healthcare expenditure in the region are key factors that are expected to boost the market in North America during the forecast period
- The safety needles market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to a rise in the number of people suffering from diabetes and other chronic diseases, new product development, and increased availability of these products in Asia and increased adoption of these devices.
- Significant expansion of the healthcare industry, easy access to healthcare facilities, and increase in investments in healthcare by leading players in Asia Pacific are projected to augment the market in the region in the near future
Key Players Operating in Global Safety Needles Market
The global safety needles market is fragmented, with a large number of international and domestic players holding a major share of the global market. Prominent players operating in the global safety needles market include:
- Becton Dickinson and Company.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG.
- Cardinal Health
- Medtronic plc
- Smith Medical
- Argon Medical Devices, Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- NIPRO Medical Corporation
- Terumo Corporation
- Novo Nordisk A/S
Global Safety Needles Market: Research Scope
Global Safety Needles Market, by Product
- Hypodermic Needles
- Fine Aspirating Needles
- Biopsy Needles
- Pen Needles
- IV Catheter Needles
- Huber needles
- Spinal Anesthesia & Epidural Needles
- Blood Collection Needles
- A.V. fistula Needles
- Cannula Needles
Global Safety Needles Market, by Application
- Drug Delivery
- Sample Collection
Global Safety Needles Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Home Care
Global Safety Needles Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!