Global Pen Needles Market: Overview
Pen needles are used in combination with pen injectors for the delivery of injectable medications. A pen needle comprises a hollow needle which is fixed in a plastic hub and connects to the injection pen. Pen needles are available in different lengths and diameters. These pen needles are used by health professionals to inject different medications. People suffering from diabetes commonly use pen needles, as they require multiple insulin injections per day. Injection pens and pen needles are considered to be alternative drug delivery method to the traditional syringe or vial method. Needle technology has undergone a significant change in the last few decades. Presently, pen needles are manufactured and engineered for more easy use , as they comprises of electro-polishing for the smoothness of needle, fine and thin point tips for ease in penetration. These pen needles also have plastic caps for safety, and are also having lubrication for more glide and less friction, and also individual wrapping for sterilization.
Global Pen Needles Market: Key Trends
Increase in the geriatric population, surge in preference for pen needles over vials and syringes, inclination toward minimally invasive procedures, and rise in prevalence of diabetes and obesity are projected to propel the global pen needles market. According to the International Diabetes Federation, around 425 million adults aged between 20 and 79 were suffering from diabetes in 2017 and the number is anticipated to rise to around 629 million by 2045. According the American Diabetes Association, diabetes was the 7th leading cause of death in the U.S. in 2015, accounting for around 79,535 deaths with diabetes as the underlying cause and around 252,806 deaths with diabetes as an underlying or contributing cause. Moreover, technological advancements boost the growth of the global pen needles market. However, lack of training and education to patients and caregivers on the proper usage of pen needles, and shortage of medical professionals for treating hormonal imbalances and conditions including thyroid disorders, diabetes, and others are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global pen needles market.
Global Pen Needles Market: Segmentation
In terms of product, the global pen needles market can be bifurcated into standard pen needles and safety pen needles. The standard pen needles segment is projected to dominate the global market because of extensive use by diabetic patients. Based on needle length, the global pen needles market can be classified into 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, and 12mm. The 8mm segment is anticipated to lead the market, as pen needles of this length are more commonly prescribed to patients. In terms of therapy, the market can be divided into insulin, glucagon-like-peptide-1 1 (GLP-1), and growth hormones. The insulin segment is expected to dominate the market due to increase in awareness about insulin therapy. Based on distribution channel, the market can be categorized into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies.
Global Pen Needles Market: Regional Analysis
In terms of region, the global pen needles market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Europe is projected to lead the global market due to rise in prevalence of diabetes, technological advancements, and increase in research and development activities on diabetes care. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period owing to rise in awareness about the medical treatments and care, growing health care sector, and increase in research and development.
Global Pen Needles Market: Competitive Landscape
Key players in the global pen needles market include BD, Novo Nordisk A/S, Owen Mumford Ltd., Terumo Corporation, Ypsomed AG, HTL-STREFA, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Hindustan Syringes & Medical Devices Ltd., UltiMed, Inc., and Artsana S.p.A. These players have adopted strategies such as partnerships, collaborations, agreements, and new product development to gain competitive advantage in the global pen needles market.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.