Robotic Firefighters Market – Introduction
- Robotic firefighters are unmanned ground vehicles which are remotely controlled by humans to extinguish fires. Fire accidents are one of the most devastating events which lead to loss of lives, property damage, and fatal injuries to firefighters. Therefore, governments of various countries are encouraging the incorporation of firefighting robots and increasing the use of advanced technologies.
- Leading robotics companies are designing and developing advanced firefighting solutions with a higher degree of safety features and functionality. Companies are using electromechanical sensor technology for firefighting robots with the continuous development of advanced technologies. Additionally, robotic firefighters help in tackling critical fire accidents in tunnels, warehouses, and also tackle wildfires.
- Growing demand for advance technologies are encouraging governments to heavily invest in the development of advanced firefighting robots.
- Moreover, critical incidents in different industries encourage organizations to use firefighting robots. Military & defense, and public safety are the trending sectors where the deployment of firefighting robots is increasing.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our report brochure here
Robotic Firefighters Market Dynamics
- Increasing number of causalities
Significant increase in fire causalities have resulted in many firefighters losing their lives. Therefore, firefighter robots are playing an important role in harsh and hazardous firefighting environments. Moreover, technological advancement is expected to help the robotic firefighters market to grow in the future.
- Enhanced suitability for the task
Robotic firefighters due to their mechanical design and remote/automated operations can be used in places or cases where human reachability is restricted. For instance, high rise buildings or narrow/low height passages, extreme temperature zones, and so on. This is one of the critical factor driving adoption of robotic firefighters.
- Interoperability, protocol translation, and data accuracy challenges to hinder the robotic firefighters market
Increasing use of advanced technology is making robotic firefighter more advanced. Additionally, they are equipped with advanced sensors and GPS systems. However, factors such as limited interoperability of equipment, pre-processing of data in critical situations, and accuracy of data may hinder the growth of the market.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Robotic Firefighters Market– Competitive Landscape
The market for robotic firefighters witnesses moderate to high level of competition when it comes to military, defense and government verticals. This is largely due to string penetration of these vendors in these verticals and advanced technology benefits, which ensures higher resiliency products when it comes to critical applications. Prominent vendors in robotic firefighter market includes names such as:
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Harris Corporation
- Ryland Research Limited
- BSS Holland B.V
- LUF GmbH
- Agni Industries Fire Service, Ltd
- Changzhou Changtan Robot Co., Ltd
- QinetiQ Group plc
- Parosha Group Group
- InRob Tech Ltd
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Founded in 1995, Lockheed Martin Corporation has its headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland. The American conglomerate operates its business in four segments: missiles and fire control (MFC) equipment’s, rotary and mission systems (RMS), aeronautics, and space.
Incorporated in 1895, Harris Corporation has its headquarters in Melbourne, Florida, the U.S. It specializes in defense and aerospace products. The company produces electronic systems, night vision equipment, wireless equipment, space-borne antennas, and tactical radios for use in the government, defense, and commercial sectors.
Ryland Research Limited
Incorporated in 2003, Ryland Research Limited is based in Hampshire, the U.K. It specializes in grease manufacturing plants, ground effect vehicles, laboratory equipment, and remotely operated vehicles.
BSS Holland B.V
Incorporated in 2008, BSS Holland B.V is located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The company offers drones, C4I, tactical & compound equipment, and robots. Additionally, it provides its service and support to homeland security, critical infrastructure organizations, and defense.
Founded in 1896, LUF GmbH is located in Thüringen, Austria. The company operates in firefighting support, pump systems, and special solutions. In firefighting support, the company offers products such as LUF Multi, LUF 60, LUF 60 Compact, LUF 120, and LUF micro.
Robotic Firefighters Market – Regional Analysis
By region, robotic firefighters market is dominated by North America and Europe. These regions have been early adopters of technology enhanced products and have required regulatory and infrastructural support to augment the early applications. Regions such as Asia Pacific however hold huge potential, provided favorable regulatory conditions are developed as the market is largely driven by demand from government or federal bodies.
Robotic Firefighters Market – Segmentation
The robotic firefighters market can be bifurcated on the basis of:
Robotic Firefighters Market Segmentation – by Type
Based on type, the robotic firefighters market can be divided into:
- Tracked Firefighting Robots
- Wheeled Firefighting Robots
- Humanoid Firefighting Robots
Robotic Firefighters Market Segmentation – by Industry
In terms of industry, the robotic firefighters market can be divided into:
- Military & Defense
- Energy & Utilities
The report on the robotic firefighters market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The robotic firefighters market report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on the robotic firefighters market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis of the robotic firefighters market includes:
- North America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Asia Pacific
- South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.