Progressing Cavity Pumps: Introduction
- Progressing cavity pump is a type of positive displacement pump that transfer fluids through the pump by means of a sequence of small, fixed-shape, discrete cavities. This leads to the volumetric flow rate being proportional to the rotation rate, and a low level of shearing being applied to the pumped fluid.
- Progressing cavity pumps are utilized in fluid metering and pumping of viscous or shear-sensitive materials. These pumps are installed to handle viscous fluids at high flow rates or in applications where high discharge pressure with a smooth flow is required.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Progressing Cavity Pumps
- Governments of several countries have enacted certain regulations regarding wastewater treatment in order to curb the detrimental effects of water pollution and to solve the issue of scarcity of water resources. Under these regulations, industries need to perform physical, chemical, and biological processes to remove contaminants from the water utilized by them before the discharge of wastewater to the sewer. This treated wastewater (effluent) is then conveyed in sewerage (the infrastructure that conveys sewage using sewers) for secondary treatment. Thus, utilization of progressing cavity pump to ensure smooth flow of wastewater into sewerage, is expected to drive the global progressing cavity pumps market during the forecast period.
- Stagnancy in the oil & gas industry and moderate-to-high maintenance costs are key factors restraining the progressing cavity pumps market
COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Supply Chain
- Governments of several countries across the globe have imposed stringent lockdowns to limit the spread of the coronavirus. Movement of individuals and economic activities, related to goods and services, have come to a halt because of lockdowns. Supply could not adjust to the decline in consumption. This resulted in considerable buildup of crude oil in storage. Therefore, midstream activities (consist of transport of crude oil to the refineries) were hampered. Progressing cavity pumps are extensively utilized in pumping stations, which are part of infrastructure of midstream activities. Thus, unprecedented decline in demand has created difficulties for the upstream sector in regions that have unfavorable production economies, which in turn has hampered the whole supply chain of the oil & gas industry.
Progressing Cavity Pumps Market Segmentation
- The global progressing cavity pumps market can be segmented based on power rating, pumping capacity, and end-user
- In terms of power rating, the global progressing cavity pumps market can be segregated into Below 50 HP, 51 HP - 150 HP, and above 150 HP
- In terms of pumping capacity, the global progressing cavity pumps market can be classified into; up to 500 GPM, 501 – 1000 GPM, and above 1000 GPM
- In terms of end-user, the global progressing cavity pumps market can be split into oil & gas, water & waste water management, food & beverage, and chemical & petrochemical. The water & wastewater management segment is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period. Rise in awareness about clean environment and an increase in the demand for freshwater are key factors boosting the water & waste water management segment.
Progressing Cavity Pumps Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global progressing cavity pumps market can be segmented into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- According to Rystad Energy, well service spending is expected to rise to US$ 54 Bn in 2021 from US$ 50 Bn in 2020 in North America, which is estimated to lead to more pumping of oil. Furthermore, progressing cavity pumps are highly preferred for pumping of viscous fluids, as compared to centrifugal pumps. Thus, the progressing cavity pumps market is projected to expand at a rapid pace in the region.
- In Asia Pacific, increasing industrialization and rising investments in water and wastewater treatment infrastructure are likely to propel the demand for progressing cavity pumps
- According to the Oil and Gas Journal, well intervention in Middle East & Africa is anticipated to rise at a rapid pace, with around 10,000 active offshore wells on oil fields with average well age of 16-21 years, as compared to average well age of 10-15 years in other regions. Thus, usage of progressing cavity pumps in pumping oil from the well is projected to boost the demand for progressing cavity pumps in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- Schlumberger Limited
- National Oilwell Varco
- Dover Corporation
- ELKAM ArtEfficial Lift
- General Electric
- Colfax Americas
- ROPER PUMP COMPANY
- MXQ, LLC.
Global Progressing Cavity Pumps Market: Research Scope
Global Progressing Cavity Pumps Market, by Power Rating
- Below 50 HP
- 51 HP - 150 HP
- Above 150 HP
Global Progressing Cavity Pumps Market, by Pumping Capacity
- Up to 500 GPM
- 501 GPM - 1000 GPM
- Above 1000 GPM
Global Progressing Cavity Pumps Market, by End-user
- Oil & Gas
- Water & Waste Water Management
- Food & Beverages
- Chemical & Petrochemical
- Others (including Coal Slurry Pumping)
Global Progressing Cavity Pumps Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.