Pressure Relief Devices Market
Pressure Relief Devices Market (Product Type: Low-tech Devices and Hi-tech Devices; Application: Pressure Ulcers, Burns, Surgical Wounds, and Others; and End User: Hospitals, Home Care, Long-term Care Centers, Rehabilitation Centers, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Pressure Relief Device Manufacturers Collaborate with NGOs to Offer Comfort to COVID-19 Patients
German-engineered Emma mattresses are acquiring prominence in Indian hospital care settings due to rampant growth in the COVID-19 (coronavirus) cases. Thus, companies in the global pressure relief devices market should take a step forward to make a difference amidst the fallout of the pandemic and provide financial support to healthcare facilities in resource-deprived organizations. As such, pressure relief device manufacturers are capitalizing on revenue opportunities, since most COVID-19 patients are bedridden.
Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) are taking a step forward to facilitate hospitals with foam-based mattresses to prevent pressure injuries in COVID-19 patients. These NGOs are also supplying essentials such as medicines, clothing, and personal protective equipment (PPE) to care providers. Thus, pressure relief device manufacturers should collaborate with NGOs to supply hospitals with therapeutic beds and pressure relief mattresses to improve outcomes in patients, and increase their share of the pressure relief devices market.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Pressure Relief Devices Market
Online Sales Help Improve Product Visibility for Pressure Relief Devices
Therapeutic foam mattresses are amongst some of the most popular pressure relief devices that are creating stable revenue streams for manufacturers. Online portals are reviewing the best foam-based mattresses, which help to boost the credibility credentials of manufacturers in the pressure relief devices market. This is due to mattresses being one of the integral factors providing comfort and support to patients who are bedridden for prolonged periods in hospitals and rehabilitation centers. As such, the COVID-19 pandemic has also been a key driver to fuel the demand for pressure relief devices and other products in order to support patients while in bed.
The demand for pressure ulcer care hospital bed mattresses is surging in the pressure relief devices market. This explains why the market is projected to advance at a high CAGR during the assessment period. Thus, companies are tapping into incremental opportunities via online sales to increase the uptake of therapeutic foam mattresses.
Automated Beds Provide Comfort and Support to Patients with Moving Disabilities
Automated beds are making into the list of high-tech devices used for the prevention of pressure ulcers in patients with moving disability, as bed sores are one of the most unnoticed medical problems in patients with moving disabilities. These sores are analyzed with multimodal sensors and with the help of 3D (3 Dimensional) imaging to determine the best pressure relief devices for patients. However, bed sores cannot be healed at once, which poses as a challenge for healthcare professionals. Hence, companies in the pressure relief devices market are creating awareness in care providers to timely change the posture of the patient to improve patient quality of life.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Companies in the pressure relief devices market are innovating in automated beds with pressurized tubes that inflate with very low displacement. Thus, moving or turning the patient is the key to prevent incidences of bed sores in patients.
Air Fluidized Therapy Beds Enhance Outcomes in High-acuity Wound Cases
Air fluidized therapy beds are a novel introduction in the pressure relief devices market. Hillrom-a company driven for patient-centered care, is increasing its marketing efforts to publicize their Envella® Air Fluidized Therapy (AFT) Bed, which helps to speed up wound healing. Such innovations are contributing toward the exponential revenue growth of the market, which is predicted to reach a value of US$ 4.5 Bn by the end of 2030.
Patients with complex wounds need elevated care. Hence, companies in the pressure relief devices market are increasing their R&D capabilities to drive innovations in air fluidized therapy beds, which help to enhance outcomes in high-acuity wound cases. Accelerating pressure injury healing is one of the key advantages of air fluidized therapy beds.
Alternating Pressure Air Mattresses Alleviate Pain at Pressure Points
Low air loss mattresses are growing popular among patients with moisture-related ailments. For instance, patients who sweat excessively or are subject to maceration increasingly prefer low air loss mattresses. Companies in the pressure relief devices market are increasing their research efforts to develop healthcare mattresses with tiny holes in air cells, which allows cool air to pass through, whilst managing the microclimate heat and moisture.
On the other hand, manufacturers in the pressure relief devices market are increasing their production capabilities to produce alternating pressure air mattresses for patients who suffer from pressure ulcers and bed sores. The uptake for alternating pressure air mattresses is surging as a result of its advantageous attributes of improving blood flow and healing process in patients. Moreover, the inflation and deflation process of alternating pressure air mattresses help to alleviate pain at pressure points, whilst preventing skin breakdown.
Smart Therapeutic Beds Prevent Pressure Injury and Monitor Cardiovascular Dynamics of Patients
Cutting edge, smart therapeutic beds are generating value-brag opportunities for companies in the pressure relief devices market. Since life-altering health events result in exorbitant costs for individuals, healthcare providers are offering comprehensive solutions to patients, which involve pressure relief devices and other therapeutic solutions. Smart therapeutic beds prevent pressure injury and continuously monitor the heart rate and respiratory activities of patients. Value-added features in smart therapeutic beds are benefitting patients with mobility issues, since these beds can even detect incontinence.
On the other hand, alternating overlay mattresses and low air loss mattresses are being highly publicized in the pressure relief devices market. Low air loss mattress overlay systems are revolutionizing the overlay market, owing to their advantages of optimal care and comfort. These overlay systems are being made from high-grade material to provide efficient skin protection.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Companies in the pressure relief devices market are tapping opportunities in disposable mattresses used in COVID-19 care centers and isolation wards. They are innovating in alternating pressure overly systems powered with alternating pressure cycles. However, manufacturers need to adhere to stringent safety standards such as integrating safety base and cell-on-cell designs in air mattresses. Manufacturers should comply with safety requirements in pressure relief devices such as introducing firm perimeters in mattresses to prevent incidence of rollout falls. Low air loss mattresses and air fluidized therapeutic beds are generating incremental opportunities for pressure relief devices manufacturers, owing to their popularity among patients with moisture-related ailments.
Pressure Relief Devices Market: Overview
- The global pressure relief devices market was valued at US$ 2.6 Bn in 2019 and is projected to expand at a high CAGR from 2020 to 2030. Pressure relief devices such as mattresses, beds, splints, and pillows are used for the treatment of pain and to relieve pressure on ulcers.
- Medical applications of pressure relief mattresses have been increasing, owing to the rise in prevalence of pressure ulcers, technological advancements in wound care for pressure ulcers, increase in geriatric & obese population, surge in investment in research & development, strategic partnerships among market players, and increase in usage of pressure mattress for the treatment of various pressure ulcers, burns, and surgical wounds.
- The global pressure relief devices market has been segmented based on product type, application, end user, and region
- In terms of product type, the global pressure relief devices market has been bifurcated into low-tech devices and hi-tech devices. The low-tech devices segment has been split into foam-based mattress, gel-based mattress, air filled mattress, water/fluid filled mattress, and others. The hi-tech devices segment has been segregated into kinetic beds and air therapy beds. The low-tech devices segment dominated the global pressure relief devices market in 2019. Cost-effectiveness, easy operability, and high efficiency in prevention of ulcers drive the low-tech devices segment.
- Based on application, the global pressure relief devices market has been classified into pressure ulcers, burns, surgical wounds, and others. The pressure ulcers segment dominated the global pressure relief devices market in 2019, owing to high prevalence of pressure ulcers. Pressure ulcers are a highly common health condition observed in the U.S. According to the Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ), more than 2.5 million people in the U.S. develop pressure ulcers each year.
- In terms of end user, the global pressure relief devices market has been divided into hospitals, home care, long term care centers, rehabilitation centers, and others. The hospitals segment dominated the global pressure relief devices market in 2019 due to advanced hospital infrastructure, facilities and cost-effective treatment.
Pressure Relief Devices Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global pressure relief devices market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global pressure relief devices market in 2019 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. According to the American College of Physicians, prevalence of pressure ulcers in the U.S. is estimated to range from 0.4% to 38% in acute care hospitals, 2% to 24% in long-term care nursing facilities, and 0% to 17% in home care settings. An estimated 3 million adults in the U.S. are affected by pressure ulcers. Moreover, rise in the demand for pressure relief devices, increase in investment in research & development, and strong presence of leading players drive the pressure relief devices market in North America.
- Europe was the second largest market for pressure relief devices in terms of revenue in 2019. The pressure relief devices market in Europe is driven by increase in incidence of pressure ulcers, robust healthcare infrastructure, presence of major players, and high diagnosis & treatment rate of pressure ulcers in Western Europe. A study published by the European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel indicated that the cost of pressure ulcer treatment was estimated at US$ 32.8 Mn in hospitals and US$ 20.3 Mn in nursing homes in Belgium. High treatment cost hampers the pressure relief devices market in countries located in Eastern Europe.
- The pressure relief devices market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR from 2020 to 2030. Asia Pacific is a densely populated region and comprises rapidly expanding economies such as India and China. Furthermore, Japan has a significant healthcare sector. According to a study published in the Oman Medical Journal 2015, the prevalence of pressure ulcers is estimated to be 3.1% in India due to increase in the number of cases of pressure ulcers.
Pressure Relief Devices Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global pressure relief devices market include
- Stryker Corporation
- Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.
- Invacare Corporation
- Paramount Bed Co., Ltd.
- 5 Minds Mobility
- Rober Limited
- The global pressure relief devices market is dominated by few players. Stryker is one of the leading players in the global pressure relief devices market. The company offers a range of pressure relief mattresses.
- Companies in the global pressure relief devices market have adopted inorganic growth strategies to consolidate their positions. In April 2019, Arjo’s subsidiary in Australia and New Zealand started a collaboration with Bruin Biometrics (BBI) to build a framework for pressure injury prevention. The arrangement contains a scanner from BBI and incorporates special beds, therapeutic mattresses, and patient transfer solutions from Arjo.
Pressure Relief Devices Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global pressure relief devices market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the global market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the overall revenue of the global pressure relief devices market from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the global pressure relief devices market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with market leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global pressure relief devices market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global pressure relief devices market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth pattern of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Additionally, the report sheds light on the changing competition dynamics in the global pressure relief devices market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global pressure relief devices market. The next section of the report highlights the USPs, which include key industry events (mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, etc.), technological advancements, major research institutes involved, disease prevalence & incidence rate in key countries, and COVID-19 pandemic impact on the industry (value chain and short/mid/long-term impact) in the global pressure relief devices market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global pressure relief devices market. Key players operating in the global pressure relief devices market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for its distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global pressure relief devices market report.
Key Questions Answered in Pressure Relief Devices Market Report
- What will be the sales revenue generated by pressure relief devices across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the key trends in the global pressure relief devices market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global pressure relief devices market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which application segment will generate the maximum revenue by 2030 and which end user segment will expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
Pressure Relief Devices Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global pressure relief devices market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global pressure relief devices market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global pressure relief devices market, which includes TMR’s analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y growth analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y growth trends of the global market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Revenue generated by key players in the global pressure relief devices market has been mapped to ascertain the size of the market in terms of value. The forecast presented here assesses the total revenue generated in the global pressure relief devices market. In order to provide an accurate forecast, we initiated by sizing up the current pressure relief devices market with the help of the parent market.
The report analyzes the global pressure relief devices market in terms of product type, application, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length and the market share of each of these by the end of 2030 has been provided. These valuable insights would help market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global pressure relief devices market.
Pressure Relief Devices Market – Segmentation