Plasma Feed Market: Introduction
- Plasma feed can be defined as feed products that involve animal derived plasma proteins as the feed ingredient. Plasma, as an animal feed ingredient, is easily digestible and offers high quality protein. It mainly contains essential plasma proteins, including globulins and albumin.
- In terms of amino acids, plasma is considered to be rich in threonine and lysine. However, owing to the high cost of the plasma feed additives, it is being included mainly in the diets of young piglets, in the swine industry.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Plasma Feed Market
- The growth of the plasma feed market can be attributed to increase in demand for alternate protein sources
- The strong growth in the meat industry, rise in the global meat production and consumption, and significant demand for livestock, have been contributing to the growth of the plasma feed market. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the meat consumption has increased by over 5% over the years and the demand for dairy products has increased by over 4% over the years.
- The tendency of humanizing pets has been growing significantly over the years, which has been creating high demand for high quality pet feed. Plasma feed is considered as a sustainable and natural source of pet food, owing to various advantages such as palatability, emulsifying properties, and water binding capacity. This has been contributing to the growth of the plasma feed market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Plasma Feed Market Report
- However, high investments required for refining technology at commercial and high cost of plasma feed products might hamper the growth of the plasma feed market. In addition, uncertainty concerning the acceptance of blood-based products for livestock feed would be a lag in the growth of the plasma feed market.
North America to Lead Global Plasma Feed Market
- In terms of region, the global plasma feed market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global plasma feed market in 2018. Strong growth in the beef, dairy, and swine industries, creates a demand for feed protein supplements, thereby contributing to the growth of the plasma feed market in the region. In addition, growth in the sustainable feed supply for pet food manufacturing and aquafeed manufacturing, contribute to the growth of the plasma feed market.
- Europe was the second largest market for plasma feed in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for plasma feed, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. The strong growth of the market in Asia Pacific can be attributed to increasing consumption and production of meat and focus on high quality pet food. In addition, the growing shift of consumers toward high meat consumption in various countries of Asia Pacific is one of the driving factors of the plasma feed market in the region.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Plasma Feed Market” here
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Plasma Feed Market
Leading players in the global plasma feed market are:
- SARIA Group (Daka Denmark A/S)
- Darling Ingredients Inc.
- Lauridsen Group Inc.
- Kraeber & Co GmbH
- Sera Scandia A/S
- Lican Food
- Puretein Agri LLC
- Veos Group
- Rocky Mountain Biologicals
- Eccofeed LLC
- Lihme Protein Solutions
- Feedworks Pty Ltd
Global Plasma Feed Market: Research Scope
Global Plasma Feed Market, by Source
Global Plasma Feed Market, by Application
- Swine Feed
- Pet Food
Global Plasma Feed Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.