Plasma Feed Market
Plasma Feed Market (Source: Bovine, Swine, Poultry, Shark, Synthetic, and Others; Application: Industrial and Commercial) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Plasma Technology to Gain Noteworthy Traction from Food & Beverages Sector as Demand for Hygiene Grows
Research and development activities have emerged as the pillars of success for players involved in the current plasma feed market landscape and the trend is most likely to continue in the upcoming years. Research investments are expected to rise in the upcoming years largely driven by the outbreak of the novel COVID-19 pandemic. Several studies have revealed that the plasma technology can play a key role in inactivating microbial pathogens, fungi, viruses, and bacteria, among others. Moreover, the plasma technology has offered tremendous promise in inactivating pathogens on the surface of medical and dental devices due to which, the plasma feed market is expected to witness consistent growth in the upcoming years.
While the healthcare sector is projected to provide noteworthy opportunities to the players involved in the current plasma feed market landscape, the food & beverages industry is anticipated to remain the most prominent end-use industry. Current applications of plasma feed include sterilization and disinfection of surfaces, medical devices, and food preservation. With additional research pertaining to the potential scope of plasma feed, the usage of this technology is anticipated to spike during the forecast period. The players operating in the current plasma feed market landscape are expected to focus on improving the efficacy of the plasma feed technology to strengthen their foothold in the current plasma feed market.
At the back of these factors, the global plasma feed market is on the course to surpass the market value of ~US$ 4.1 Bn by the end of 2030. Furthermore, significant rise in the usage of plasma feed as an alternative to antibiotics is likely to provide abundant opportunities to existing as well as upcoming market players operating in the current market for plasma feed.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Plasma Feed Market
Surge in Demand for Plasma Feed Technology for Food Preservation to Fuel Market Growth
Evolving consumer preferences have played an instrumental role in shaping the growth of the food & beverages sector worldwide. The emergence of new trends, products, and technologies have largely been driven by rapidly changing consumer trends. In the current day and age, consumers demand high levels of transparency from food manufacturers, in terms of product sourcing, hygiene testing, certification, etc. With consistent rise in the demand for food preservation, new technologies, including plasma feed have emerged as ideal solutions to cater to the current requirements of the industry. Over the past decade, the novel plasma feed technology has offered immense promise as an effective disinfectant for food products and various types of packaging materials.
In addition, as cold plasma is cost-efficient, free of waste, and leaves minimal chemical residue on the product, the uptake of plasma feed has witnessed a major rise in recent years– a trend that is set to continue during the forecast period.
At present, market players are increasingly focusing on addressing challenges related to the usage of cold plasma, and maximize spore and microbial inactivation. While the food & beverages industry is projected to remain a key end-use sector, researchers at the Transparency Market Research are of the opinion that the plasma feed technology has potential uses within the aerospace sector. Cold plasma treatment is also gaining gradual traction as an alternative water-treatment solution due to the mounting concerns related to chlorine. Existing and upcoming players operating in the plasma feed market are expected to increase their R&D expenditure and unlock the potential of the plasma feed technology.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Demand to Grow amid Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a strong impact on the overall growth of the global plasma feed market in 2020. In the wake of the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the demand for effective sterilization and disinfection of products, packaging materials, and other commodities has witnessed exponential growth– a factor that is expected to bolster the growth of the plasma feed market during the ongoing pandemic. Furthermore, as consumers continue to tread with caution and demand high levels of hygiene and tests from players involved in the food & beverages sector, the uptake of plasma feed technology is anticipated to increase in the upcoming months.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Plasma Feed Market
The global plasma feed market is on the course to expand at a high CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to factors such as considerable rise in the production of meat on the global scale, increase in the overall consumption of animal-based proteins, and consumer demand for optimum hygiene and testing. Market players should ideally focus on research and development activities to improve the efficacy of the existing plasma feed technology to strengthen their position in the market.
Plasma Feed Market: Overview
- The global plasma feed market was valued at US$ 2.4 Bn in 2019 and is projected to expand at a high CAGR from 2020 to 2030
- Plasma feed can be defined as feed products, which involve animal-derived plasma proteins and plasma as feed ingredients. Plasma, as an animal feed ingredient, is easily digestible and offers high quality protein. It primarily contains essential plasma proteins, including globulins and albumin.
- The global plasma feed market is driven by increase in production of meat globally, demand for high protein animal meal, adoption of pets, humanization contributing to the demand for high protein pet food, feed production, and industrial applications of plasma feed
- Additionally, increase in disposable income in emerging markets and rise in demand for animal meat in certain countries contribute to the growth of the global market
- Significant increase in the production of plasma feed in Asian countries boosts the growth of the global plasma feed market
Plasma Feed Market: Segmentation
- The global plasma feed market has been segmented based on source, application, and region
- In terms of source, the global plasma feed market has been categorized into bovine, swine, shark, poultry, synthetic, and others. The swine segment dominated the global market in terms of revenue in 2019 and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. The segment is driven by usage of swine plasma as a component of animal feed in post-weaning piglets, in aquaculture, and in poultry farms.
- Increase in export of porcine feed from few countries in Europe to countries in Asia contributes to the economic trade growth in the region. The continuous import of poultry products in EU countries leading to an oversupply and the increasing outbreak of avian influenza in certain countries in Central and South Eastern Europe, including Ireland, would have a negative economic impact on the demand for poultry consumption.
- Based on application, the global plasma feed market has been classified into industrial and commercial. Commercial was the dominant segment in 2019. The trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. Growth of the commercial segment can be attributed to increase in usage of animal plasma products in animal feed, owing to high protein and amino acid content. Additionally, its ability to increase the palatability of the feed, along with nutrition content contributes to the growth of the segment.
Plasma Feed Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global plasma feed market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global plasma feed market in 2019 and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period
- The plasma feed market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR from 2020 to 2030. The plasma feed market in the region is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to significant rise in meat and seafood consumption, which can be ascribed to the increase in disposable income, growth in urbanization, rise in population.
Plasma Feed Market: Major Players
- The global plasma feed market is fragmented in terms of number of players. Key players operating in the global plasma feed market are
- Daka Denmark A/S (SARIA Group)
- Lauridsen Group, Inc.
- Sera Scandia A/S
- Nutreco (SHV Holdings N.V.)
- Puretein Agri LLC
- Kraeber & Co GmbH
- Rocky Mountain Biologicals
- Darling Ingredients, Inc.
- VEOS Group
- Lihme Protein Solutions
- EccoFeed LLC
- Feedworks Pty Ltd.
- among others.
- In January 2020, Darling Ingredients bought out Intrexon by acquiring the remaining 50% stake in EnviroFlight, a producer of non-pathogenic black soldier fly larvae at scale. EnviroFlight focuses on enhancing the global food supply chain to meet the increase in demand among the population.
- In January 2020, Nutreco announced investment in Kingfish Zeeland, a Netherlands-based company, which supplies yellowtail kingfish to Europe and the U.S., through a proprietary recirculating aquaculture system (RAS). This investment is likely to boost Nutreco’s U.S. and Europe supplies of yellowtail kingfish.
- In June 2018, Essentia acquired a Denmark-based protein manufacturer Scanflavour A/S. This acquisition enabled the company to strengthen its position as one of the leading global manufacturers of animal-based protein ingredients. Essentia Protein Solutions belongs to The Lauridsen Group, Inc.
Plasma Feed Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global plasma feed market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the overall revenue of the global plasma feed market from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global plasma feed market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with market leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global plasma feed market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global plasma feed market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth pattern of various segments included in the scope of the study. Additionally, the report sheds light on the changing competition dynamics in the global plasma feed market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global plasma feed market. The next section of the report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenario, key mergers & acquisitions, pricing analysis, import & export data, major producer, importer & exporter countries, COVID-19 pandemic impact on industry (value chain and short/mid/long term impact), and key insights on blood meal & other alternatives in the global plasma feed market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global plasma feed market. Key players operating in the global plasma feed market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for its distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global plasma feed market report.
Key Questions Answered in Plasma Feed Market Report
- What will be the sales revenue generated by plasma feed across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the key trends in the global plasma feed market?
- What are major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global plasma feed market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which application segment will generate maximum revenue by 2030 and which product segment will expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
Plasma Feed Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global plasma feed market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global plasma feed market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global plasma feed market, which includes TMR’s analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y growth analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y growth trends of the global market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller ones. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Revenue generated by key players in the global plasma feed market has been mapped to ascertain the size of the market in terms of value. The forecast presented here assesses the total revenue generated in the global plasma feed market. In order to provide an accurate forecast, we initiated by sizing up the current plasma feed market with the help of the parent market.
The report analyzes the global plasma feed market in terms of source, application, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length and the market share of each of these by the end of 2030 has been provided. These valuable insights would help stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global plasma feed market.
Plasma Feed Market – Segmentation