Placental Stem Cell Therapy Market
Placental Stem Cell Therapy Market (Application: Hematologic Malignancies and Disorders, Congenital Immunodeficiency Disorders, Metabolic Disorders, and Neurological Disorders; and End User: Hospitals & Specialty Clinics, Clinical Research Organizations, and Research Institutes & Academies) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Placental Stem Cell Therapy Holds Promising Potentials in Treatment of Coronavirus
The placental mesenchymal stem cells therapy is gaining popularity as a potential solution for the treatment of severe COVID-19. The Institute of Cell Therapy is acquiring recognition for successfully curing COVID-19 patients with the help of placental stem cells lacking ACE-2 receptor, which hold promising potentials in the treatment of coronavirus pneumonia. As such, worldwide inoculation of coronavirus vaccines from India has caused a slowdown in research activities of the placental stem cell therapy market.
Stakeholders in the placental stem cell therapy market are anticipated to continue their research for minimizing the impacts of future coronavirus-like outbreaks. They are boosting clinical trials to evaluate the efficacy of stem cells of different types for the treatment of COVID-19 in China.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Placental Stem Cell Therapy Market
Robust Analytics, Independent Measurement Systems Improve Consistency in Production
The placental stem cell therapy market stood at US$ 0.5 Bn in 2019 and is expected to cross a revenue of US$ 4.4 Bn by the end of 2030. However, manufacturing is a consistent challenge for stem cell companies across various industries such as for neurological disorders, hematologic malignancies, and congenital immunodeficiency disorders. Hence, companies are mastering batch-to-batch consistency of C to monitor results.
Companies in the placental stem cell therapy market are focusing on producing cells in a consistent and quality manner. ReNeuron - a developer of therapeutics from retina specific stem cells is increasing efforts to strike the right balance between science and art to maintain consistency in cell production for the treatment of retinitis pigmentosa (RP).
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
MSC-based Therapies Help in Treatment of Respiratory Diseases
Mesenchymal stromal cell (MSC)-based therapies are appearing as new therapeutic strategies for lung diseases. Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), cystic fibrosis (CF), and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), among others, have triggered the demand for mesenchymal stromal cell-based therapies. MSCs are being publicized as multipotent cells with immune modulatory and regenerative properties. This explains why the placental stem cell therapy market is estimated to progress at an astonishing CAGR of 20% during the assessment period.
The acute respiratory distress syndrome is emerging as an ideal target for the mesenchymal stromal cell-based therapy, since MSCs act as immunomodulatory cells via rapid-acting paracrine effects. Companies in the placental stem cell therapy market are increasing efforts to conduct pre-clinical studies that demonstrate the efficacy of MSCs for ARDS.
Hepatocytes Generated from Stem Cells Show Potential in Treatment of Congenital Metabolic Diseases
Since congenital metabolic diseases are associated with morbidity due to invasive procedures such as liver transplant, healthcare companies in the placental stem cell therapy market are capitalizing on this opportunity to offer regenerative cell therapies. Regenerative therapy using hepatocytes generated from stem cells has the potential to treat congenital metabolic diseases. This technique is gaining popularity as a less invasive cell replacement approach, suitable for the treatment of congenital metabolic diseases.
Embryonic stem cells are prone to risks of tumorigenicity and difficulties with cell expansion, owing to the number needed for the anticipated therapeutic effect. Human amniotic epithelial cells (hAECs) have caught the attention of companies in the placental stem cell therapy market to treat congenital metabolic diseases.
Combined Transplantation of Allogeneic Stem Cells Being Used to Cure Neurological Diseases
Cell therapy of neurological diseases is gaining momentum in the placental stem cell therapy market. Stem and progenitor cells are showing positive therapeutic results in animal models of neurological disorders within clinical trials. It has been found that each cell being tested has its advantages and drawbacks, owing to unique molecular mechanisms of action. This has led to the concept of combined transplantation of two or more cells.
The transplantation of various types of autologous or allogeneic stem/progenitor cells, including embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells, has shown promising therapeutic outcomes in animal models of neurological diseases. Such findings are translating into revenue opportunities for companies in the placental stem cell therapy market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Placental Stem Cell Therapy Market
Mesenchymal stem cells are emerging as powerful immunomodulators that are playing a key role in advancements made for the treatment of severe COVID-19 patients. MSC-based therapies hold future prospects for companies in the placental stem cell therapy market to create therapeutics for bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) in infants born prematurely. MSCs have proven paracrine activity, which helps migrate toward inflamed sites and improves outcomes in patients suffering from neurological disorders. Ethical issues and immune mediated rejection of transplanted cells are posing as hurdles in the treatment of congenital metabolic diseases. Hence, companies should increase the production of human amniotic epithelial cells (hAECs) that are emerging as an alternative to hepatocyte transplantation (HT) for patients suffering from congenital metabolic diseases.
Placental Stem Cell Therapy Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global placental stem cell therapy market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period of 2020–2030, prominence in treatment of age-related disorders/diseases and increase in awareness about stem cell therapies are projected to drive the global placental stem cell therapy market in the near future
- According to the report, the global placental stem cell therapy market was valued at US$ 0.5 Bn in 2019. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 20% from 2020 to 2030.
Regenerative Ability to Develop into Other Types of Cells to Drive Global Market
- Placental therapy is being used to promote recovery from diseases and tissue regeneration since the early 1900s. Since then, placental stem cell therapy has been applied in various clinical applications, as it has exhibited remarkable therapeutic attributes, ranging from anti-oxidant, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, pain reduction, hair growth promotion, health improvement, and cellular proliferation to tissue regeneration and wound healing properties in vivo. This review further summarizes historical aspects, cellular mechanism, nutrient content, and therapeutics properties of the placenta.
- Placental stem cells offer the potential to treat rare diseases or conditions for which few treatments exist. Sometimes called the body’s “master cells,” these cells can develop into blood, brain, bones, and all of the body’s organs.
- These have the potential to repair, restore, replace, and regenerate cells, and could possibly be used to treat several medical conditions and diseases
- Placental stem cell therapy is quite useful for the cure of diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease
- According to the WHO, worldwide, around 50 million people have dementia and nearly 10 million new cases are recorded every year. Alzheimer's disease is a highly common form of dementia and contributes to 60% to 70% of cases.
Ease of Procurement
- Placenta is a vascular organ with a known duration of life, and is only developed during the occurrence of pregnancy. It attaches to the uterine wall and the umbilical cord, which connects between the mother and the fetus, thereby supporting the growth and development of the fetus.
- Placenta plays an important role in transfer of gases, nutrients, and removal of waste products during pregnancy, which is vital for the sustenance of the fetus
- Placenta stem cells also provide additional benefit as compared to that offered by other tissues. These cells are easy to procure, with no harm to the mother or the baby. There are also no ethical issues associated with obtaining placenta, as it is considered a biological waste after birth.
- Placenta has high cell yield and is less exposed to infection, as it comes from an infection-naïve environment. This makes rendering any disease transmission less likely. This factor is considered a major driver of the placental stem cell therapy market.
- Rise in the number of storage banks and the awareness among people are key factors boosting the adoption of placental stem cell therapy
Increase in Awareness about Stem Cell Therapies
- Several programs have been conducted to spread awareness about stem cell therapies and educate about the ethical aspects in the field
- Every October, the global stem cell community comes together to promote appreciation and understanding of stem cell research on Stem Cell Awareness Day
- In emerging countries, such as India, awareness and acceptance for stem cell therapy are increasing rapidly
- In 2016, NeuroGen Brain and Spine Institute conducted awareness programs about stem cell therapy in Karnataka (India) and other neighboring states. Thus far, the institute has successfully treated over 800 patients.
Placental Stem Cell Therapy Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players operating in the global placental stem cell therapy market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global placental stem cell therapy market is moderately fragmented, with the presence of a large number of leading players in the global market and several small players in regional markets. Top players hold a major share of the global placental stem cell therapy market.
- Prominent players operating in the global placental stem cell therapy market include
- Lifebank Stem Cell Banking
- Celularity, Inc.
- Americord Registry
- ReeLabs Pvt. Ltd.
- Pluristem Therapeutics, Inc.
- Mesoblast Limited
- ReNeuron Group plc
- Athersys, Inc.
- The report on the global placental stem cell therapy market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of stem cell therapy. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global placental stem cell therapy market.
Placental Stem Cell Therapy Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global placental stem cell therapy market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides revenue of the global placental stem cell therapy market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global placental stem cell therapy market from 2020 to 2030.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the placental stem cell therapy market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the placental stem cell therapy market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global placental stem cell therapy market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global placental stem cell therapy market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global placental stem cell therapy market. Key players operating in the global placental stem cell therapy market are identified and each one of these is profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are the attributes of players in the global placental stem cell therapy market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Placental Stem Cell Therapy Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by the placental stem cell therapy market across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global placental stem cell therapy market?
- What are major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which drug class segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2030? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
Placental Stem Cell Therapy Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global placental stem cell therapy market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. The report provides detailed explanation of objectives behind this study, and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of the products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global placental stem cell therapy market in terms of application, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2030 has also been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global placental stem cell therapy market.
Placental Stem Cell Therapy Market – Segmentation