Pharmaceutical Water Market
Pharmaceutical Water Market (Type: HPLC Grade Water and Water for Injection; and End User: Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Academics & Research Laboratories, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Local Production Helps Maintain Regular Operations during COVID-19 Crisis
Analyzing the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation is helping pharmaceutical companies to be better prepared in the upcoming months. Companies in the pharmaceutical water market are hard at work to keep up with regular orders whilst still supplying in demanding areas such as the Europe, the U.S., Russia, India, etc. Manufacturers are developing contingency plans to address future unprecedented situations. Flexibility is the key to maintain regular operations. Manufacturers in the pharmaceutical water market are increasing their research activities to flag alternatives pertaining to mission-critical suppliers and service providers.
Preparing for the unexpected is impossible; however, manufacturers should have a conceptual idea of steps to handle the situation of supply shortage. This will help businesses to withstand short-term crisis with minimized impact. Since the international trade is quite challenging in these unprecedented times, manufacturers are relying on local production.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Pharmaceutical Water Market
Innovations in Pharmaceutical-grade Water Purification Systems Bolster Market Growth
The pharmaceutical water market is predicted to cross a revenue of US$ 71.9 Bn by 2030. This is evident since manufacturers are innovating in pharmaceutical-grade water purification systems. For instance, Puretech designs water purification systems for pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and biopharma industries. Service providers are offering installation, commission, and validation of purification systems to pharmaceutical end users. Innovations in these systems are becoming prominent in European countries where regional manufacturers are strengthening their global distribution chains.
Equipment manufacturers are complying with worldwide pharmacopoeia standards. Cutting-edge water purification systems are helping manufacturers in the pharmaceutical water market to gain recognition. Equipment companies are meeting client specifications and requirements to increase the uptake of systems. Pre-treatment activities are fueling the demand for pharmaceutical-grade water purification systems. Region-specific needs are being catered by equipment manufacturers due to different degrees of pre-treatment methods.
Water Reuse Ensures Water Efficiency and Sustainability of Resources in Value Chain
The pharmaceutical industry is heavily dependent on different degrees of water purity. However, limitations in reuse of water are likely to affect growth of manufacturers in the pharmaceutical water market. Hence, manufacturers are increasing their focus in scientific and technical literature sources to innovate in new methods of water reuse. This is important since the pharmaceutical industry is a highly water-dependent economic sector.
As per the European Union (EU), pharmaceutical, agriculture, and chemical industries make a great contribution to the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) of the EU economy. The high demand for stable water supply has compelled manufacturers in the pharmaceutical water market to adopt water reuse practices. Water reuse is ensuring sustainability of water resources and is improving water efficiency in the value chain.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Nanofiltration and Reverse Osmosis Aid in Removal of Contaminants
The selection of best filtration methods is critical in pharmaceutical applications. As such, ultrafiltration is being used to filter large particles and viruses. However, certain dissolved substances within the medium are unable to be removed by ultrafiltration. Hence, manufacturers in the pharmaceutical water market are increasing their R&D efforts to adopt alternative filtration processes such as nanofiltration and reverse osmosis. Thus, improved production practices are contributing toward the favorable growth of the market, which is estimated to progress at a CAGR of ~10% from 2020 to 2030.
Reverse osmosis is synonymous with the process of refining antibiotics and concentration of hormones within the pharmaceutical industry. Companies in the pharmaceutical water market are using filtration processes for plasma fractionation and red biotechnology.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Pharmaceutical Water Market
Nanofiltration and reverse osmosis methods are being highly publicized for killing viruses during filtration amidst the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. Pharmaceutical-grade water purification systems help to generate purified water, which is utilized in specialty enzymes, diagnostics, and white biotechnology applications. Technological innovations in these systems involve automatic thermal sanitization and continuous electrodeionisation. However, companies in the Europe pharmaceutical water market need to abide by stringent regulations of the EU. Hence, companies should adopt reuse practices for maintaining water efficiency and establishing sustainability of water resources in the value chain. This will help to maximize opportunities for safe reuse of different grades of water.
Pharmaceutical Water Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global pharmaceutical water market for the historical period (2018–2019) and the forecast period (2020–2030), growth of biopharmaceutical and generic injectable drugs industries is projected to drive the global pharmaceutical water market in the near future
- According to the report, the global pharmaceutical water market was valued at US$ 24.3 Bn in 2019 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~10% from 2020 to 2030
Growth of Biopharmaceutical and Generic Injectable Drugs Industries: Key Driver
- Demand for biopharmaceuticals such as vaccines, proteins, antibodies, plasma, enzymes, biologics, and peptides is high for use in the production of life-saving medications. These biologicals are unstable in solution if stored over a long period of time.
- The biopharmaceutical sector has expanded rapidly in the past few years. It is expected to grow at a rapid pace in the near future. Currently, the biopharmaceutical sector is valued at US$ 163 Bn. It is likely to expand at a CAGR of 8% over the next few years, nearly double that of the conventional pharmaceutical sector.
- Growth of the biopharmaceutical industry can be attributed to large unmet medical needs in the treatment of chronic medical conditions, patent expiry of branded biologic drugs leading to development of biosimilar drugs, and a large number of clinical pipeline drugs. Moreover, rapid expansion of the vaccines industry is projected to propel the biopharmaceutical industry in the near future.
- Players operating in the generic injectable market are focused on the development of generic injectable products, especially generic biologic products i.e., biosimilars
- Presently, 28 biosimilar drugs have been approved by the U.S. FDA for the treatment of different types of chronic medical conditions
- Increase in focus of leading players on the development and expansion of manufacturing facilities suitable for generic formulations is anticipated to boost the production of specialty generic injectable products during the forecast period
- Development of generic formulations is a more rapid process compared to branded ones, as these products are exempt from the requirement to conduct clinical trials and toxicity studies. Large number of players are entering the global generic injectable market with cost-effective alternatives to branded products, leading to increased adoption of generic products.
- Pharmaceutical water is an integral part of the biopharmaceutical and generic injectable industries. Hence, demand for pharmaceutical water is expected to increase, along with the expansion of the biopharmaceutical and generic injectable industries during the forecast period.
High Prevalence and Increase in Incidence of Diabetes: Major Driver
- Rapid increase in burden of diabetes among the geriatric and obese population across the globe is a major factor likely to propel the global pharmaceutical water market during the forecast period
- According to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, the global prevalence of diabetes was around 9.3% (463 million people) in 2019. The rate of prevalence is projected to increase to 10.2% (578 million) in 2030 and 10.9% (700 million) by 2045.
- Globally, around 46% people with diabetes are still undiagnosed, which provides significant opportunity in the pharmaceutical water market
- In the global diabetes care industry, the injectable drugs segment is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 17.8%, compared to 15.1% of the total industry, and 11% of the oral anti-diabetics segment between 2009 and 2019
- Around 7.4 million people in the U.S. with diabetes are expected to be taking one or more formulations of insulin
- Nearly 2 million diabetic patients are prescribed with multiple daily injections
Pharmaceutical Water Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players operating in the global pharmaceutical water market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global pharmaceutical water market is moderately fragmented with the presence of a large number of leading players in the global market and several small players in regional markets. The top players hold major share of the global pharmaceutical water market.
- Prominent players operating in the global pharmaceutical water market include
- Merck KGaA,
- B. Braun Melsungen AG,
- Baxter International, Inc.,
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.,
- Cytiva (Danaher),
- Intermountain Life Sciences,
- Standard Reagents, Pvt. Ltd.,
- CovaChem, LLC.,
- FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific,
- Fresenius Kabi AG,
- Pfizer, Inc.
- The report on the global pharmaceutical water market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of vaccines. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global pharmaceutical water market.
Pharmaceutical Water Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global pharmaceutical water market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the revenue of the global pharmaceutical water market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the global pharmaceutical water market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ pharmaceutical water, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global pharmaceutical water market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global pharmaceutical water market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global pharmaceutical water market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global pharmaceutical water market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global pharmaceutical water market. Key players operating in the global pharmaceutical water market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global pharmaceutical water market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Pharmaceutical Water Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of devices and their companies in the global pharmaceutical water market and its application segment?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global pharmaceutical water market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global pharmaceutical water market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable regional market for pharmaceutical water providers?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the global pharmaceutical water market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global pharmaceutical water market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global pharmaceutical water market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the global pharmaceutical water market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, device portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers who contributed to TMR’s study on the global pharmaceutical water market’s primary sources.
These primary and secondary sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from pharmaceutical water market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global pharmaceutical water market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global pharmaceutical water market more reliably and accurately.
Pharmaceutical Water Market – Segmentation