Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market
Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market (Product: Bulk Drug Intermediate and Custom Intermediate; Application: Cardiology, Oncology, Endocrinology, Infectious Diseases, Orthopedics, Neurology, Gastroenterology, Dermatology, Inflammatory & Pain Management, Ophthalmology, and Others; and End User: Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies and CROs & CMOs) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Rapidly Growing End-use Industries Boosts Demand for Pharmaceutical Intermediates
Pharmaceutical intermediates are drugs used as raw materials in the production of bulk drugs. Moreover, they are widely used to refer to a material created during the synthesis of an active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) before the processing of becoming an API. Pharmaceutical intermediates are usually formed using high-grade raw materials. These intermediates are widely used in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries. The rising demand in these industries is expanding the global pharmaceutical intermediates market. Pharmaceutical intermediates are popularly used for research and development in the pharmaceutical industry. The pharmaceutical intermediates are increasingly being produced using raw materials such as coal tar or petroleum to manufacture pesticides, pharmaceuticals, resins, additives, plasticizers, etc. However, several intermediates can be produced in organic synthesis, and be used in creating various drugs and products. The increasing demand for research and development across the world is propelling the global pharmaceutical intermediates market during the forecast period.
Intermediates can be defined as semi-finished products that are intermediate products of certain products. In simpler words, to produce a product, it can be produced from intermediates to save costs. Pharmaceutical production needs a large number of specific chemicals that were originally produced by the pharmaceutical industry. However, with the expansion of social labor division and the evolution of production technology, the pharmaceutical industry can transfer the production of required pharmaceutical intermediates to chemical enterprises. Pharmaceutical intermediates are exquisite chemical products. The production of pharmaceutical intermediates has grown vastly in the international chemical industry. The growing chemical industry is driving demand for pharmaceutical intermediates across the world. The pharmaceutical intermediates are produced on demand for bulk and custom productions.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market
Lack of Raw Materials Hinders Market Production across Several Industries
The outbreak of the novel COVID-19 disease led to a global pandemic that poses a serious risk to the macro economy through the halt in production activities, interruptions of people's movement, and disruption in supply chains. The crisis has had critical effects on the global healthcare industry and the pharmaceutical sector, which are expected to last long. The pharmaceutical industry will be needing appropriate planning to reduce its socio-economic burden in the upcoming future. As the virus began to spread worldwide in 2020, the pharmaceutical industry supported governments to help provide with the rising demand. Pharmaceutical ingredients raised in demand for research and development of the cure. On the other hand, pharmaceutical sectors struggled to maintain natural market flow, as the pandemic affected the access to essential medicines due to increased consumer storage. With the evaluation of the pharmaceutical system challenges at the global level, the report displays the situation analysis of the pharmaceutical intermediates market in developing countries with emerging pharmaceutical markets.
The spread of the virus has resulted in increased hospitalization with COVID-19 patients that led to a shortage of medicinal storage. Globally, many government authorities announced shortages for several medicines, including the potential treatments for COVID-19. The pandemic can be associated with various short and long-term impacts on the pharmaceutical intermediates market, mainly due to restrictions in the global supply chain resulting in a lack of raw materials. Recognizing these impacts may guide businesses in evidence-informed preparation and decision-making to fight associated difficulties. Various other industries had critical losses with the restrictions in manufacturing and selling. Several end users of pharmaceutical intermediates suffered from shutdowns, project delays, insufficient raw materials, and workforce, etc. Nevertheless, with markets being restored in many countries, and pandemic near its end, end-use industries in the pharmaceutical intermediates market, including CMOs and CROs, are anticipating rise in demand post-COVID-19 pandemic.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
North America to Dominate Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market
The pharmaceutical industry is constantly unfolding and reshaping itself. Various pharmaceutical organizations and major market players are adapting modifications in pharmaceutical intermediate businesses with their rising demand. As pharmaceutical and chemical activities stretch around the globe, innovations are the key focus of manufacturers, and the demand for pharmaceutical intermediates companies is on the rise. Due to the implementation of standardized pharmaceutical activities, good manufacturing practices (GMP) in pharmaceutical corporations, the global pharmaceutical intermediates market is expected to grow in the upcoming future. Major chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturers compete to capture the positions in the pharmaceutical intermediates market. Fulfilling consumer demand for speed, innovation, low cost, and quality amid rising competition and unpredictable market are focus points. However, the onset of new players is making it difficult to shine, which drives the need for outsourcing chemical services at all points, along the drug development pipeline.
With growing pharmaceutical manufacturers and consumers in the U.S. and Canada, North America is projected to hold a major share of the pharmaceutical intermediate market. In addition, the rising prevalence of several contagious and chronic diseases has raised the demand for pharmaceuticals, which is most likely to promote the growth of the pharmaceutical intermediates market over the projected period. Moreover, the presence of major market players in North America is also contributing to the expansion of the pharmaceutical intermediates market in North America. Furthermore, rise in R&D activities and increase in investments in these activities from governments and major players in Europe are likely to drive the market in North America. Additionally, the improved demand for advanced pharmaceutical products is expected to boost the pharmaceutical intermediates market during the forecast period.
Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market to Witness Moderate Growth in Near Future
The world is witnessing an increasing number of diseases and a rising number of patients every year. In addition, the number of physician visits for infectious and parasitic diseases has rapidly raised in millions, creating the demand for numerous pharmaceutical products. High spending on R&D and advancements in innovative therapies are anticipated to improve the growth rate of the pharmaceutical intermediates market in the near future. However, strict regulatory policies for manufacturers for product quality will slow down the growth rate. Nevertheless, with increase in healthcare expenditure and rise in manufacturer focus on research & development, the global pharmaceutical intermediates market is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~6% from 2021 to 2031.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The demand for pharmaceutical intermediates majorly depends on the rise in the demand for essential drugs to treat chronic diseases. The growing prevalence of contagious diseases, principally in Southeast Asia, is likely to fuel the demand for APIs in the following years, ultimately propelling the pharmaceutical intermediates market. Moreover, advancements in technologies such as high throughput, bioinformatics, and combinatorial chemistry for better drug candidate identification are increasing the demand for pharmaceutical intermediates for research purposes. Hence, owing to rising production and research exercises in the pharmaceutical industry, the usage of pharmaceutical intermediates is expected to witness a constant growth during the projected period.
Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current and future prospects of the global pharmaceutical intermediates market. Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases, focus on research & development by key players and business strategies adopted by key players are the key factors projected to fuel the growth of the global pharmaceutical intermediates market during the forecast period.
- The report provides an elaborate executive summary, which comprises a snapshot of the various segments of the global pharmaceutical intermediates market. The report also provides information and data analysis of the global pharmaceutical intermediates market about segments based on product, application, end user, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides detailed qualitative analysis of drivers and restraints affecting the global pharmaceutical intermediates market, along with opportunities in the global market
- Additionally, the global pharmaceutical intermediates market report includes company profiles and competitive matrix, which provide data about their businesses, product portfolios, and competitive landscape in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market
- The report includes data analysis on the global pharmaceutical intermediates market attractiveness by region and segments
- The last section of the report provides quantitative and qualitative analysis on market share of key players operating in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market. It elaborates on the key competitive strategies adopted by the major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market.
Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market: Key Segments
- In terms of product, the global pharmaceutical intermediates market has been bifurcated into bulk drug intermediate and custom intermediate. The bulk drug intermediate segment has been split into chiral intermediate and achiral intermediate.
- Based on application, the global pharmaceutical intermediates market has been classified into cardiology, oncology, endocrinology, infectious diseases, orthopedics, neurology, gastroenterology, dermatology, inflammatory & pain management, ophthalmology, and others
- In terms of end user, the global pharmaceutical intermediates market has been divided into pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies and CROs & CMOs. The pharmaceutical & biotechnology segment is likely to dominate the global pharmaceutical intermediates market during the forecast period.
- The market size and forecast for each of these segments have been provided from 2017 to 2031. The CAGR of respective segment has also been provided for the forecast period from 2021 to 2031, considering 2020 as the base year.
Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global pharmaceutical intermediates market has been segmented into North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa)
- The report provides market size and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2017 to 2031. Compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of each of these regions and countries have also been provided for the forecast period from 2021 to 2031, considering 2020 as the base year. The pharmaceutical intermediates market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Mentioned in Report
- Key players in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market have been profiled based on key aspects such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major companies profiled in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market report are
- BASF SE
- Lonza Group
- Evonik Industries AG
- Cambrex Corporation
- Albemarle Corporation
- Chemcon Speciality Chemicals Ltd.
- Chiracon GmbH
- A. R. Life Sciences Private Limited
Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market – Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global pharmaceutical intermediates market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market over the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides the overall revenue of the global pharmaceutical intermediates market for the period of 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global pharmaceutical intermediates market for the forecast period of 2021–2031.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of the research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global pharmaceutical intermediates market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the pharmaceutical intermediates market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the pharmaceutical intermediates market.
The report also delves into the competitive landscape of the global pharmaceutical intermediates market. Key players operating in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the pharmaceutical intermediates market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market Report
- How does the development of pharmaceutical intermediates provide scope of growth in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market?
- How alliances and partnerships between players are widening the scope of new line of therapies for pharmaceutical intermediates?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments under various criteria in the pharmaceutical intermediates market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to register highest revenue until the end of the forecast period in 2031?
- How is the evolving health care system in developing countries in Asia Pacific making an impact on the overall pharmaceutical intermediates market?
Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global pharmaceutical intermediates market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of line of procedure for pharmaceutical intermediates.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into smaller ones. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global pharmaceutical intermediates market in terms of product, application, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market.
Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market – Segmentation