Partial Ossicular Replacement Prosthesis Market: Overview
- In otology, an ossicular replacement prosthesis is an implantable device used for functional reconstruction of segments of the ossicles. The ossicles are three bones in the middle ear, which transmit sounds from the air to the cochlea i.e. fluid-filled labyrinth. Absence of these ossicles may result in moderate-to-severe hearing loss.
- Ossicular replacement prostheses enable conduction of sound waves from the tympanic membrane to the inner ear. Total ossicular replacement prosthesis (TORP) and partial ossicular replacement prosthesis (PORP) are two common types of ossicular replacement prostheses.
- The global partial ossicular replacement prosthesis market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. The market is expected to be driven by increase in the prevalence of hearing disorders, rise in the demand for titanium-based implants for use in ossicular replacement, and increase in awareness about ossicular replacement procedures.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Drivers of Global Partial Ossicular Replacement Prosthesis Market
- The global partial ossicular replacement prosthesis market is expected to be driven by rise in geriatric population with hearing issues, increase in the number of otology procedures in hospitals and ENT clinics, and growth in popularity of hearing implants
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2012, 360 million people in the world (i.e. 5.3% of the world’s population) had disabling hearing loss. Out of these, 328 million were adults and 32 million were children. In 2019, the number rose to 466 million and is estimated to reach 900 million by 2050. The WHO also states that unaddressed hearing loss incurs an annual cost of US$ 750 Bn.
- Rise in geriatric population and increase in the number of cochlear implantations are also estimated to augment the global partial ossicular replacement prosthesis market in the near future. Diabetes is one of the major risk factors for several serious ear conditions.
- According to the WHO, in 2012, there were 164.5 million individuals aged 65 years or above with disabling hearing loss, which was 33% of the world’s population aged 65 years or above. The rate of prevalence of disabling hearing loss in geriatric population is the maximum in Asia Pacific, South Asia, and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Partial Ossicular Replacement Prosthesis Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global partial ossicular replacement prosthesis market during the forecast period. Increase in awareness about hearing implants, ease of availability of hearing implants and hearing aids, and strong distribution network of hearing implant manufacturers in the U.S. are expected to drive the market in the region between 2019 and 2027. Under the NICD Epidemiology and Statistics Program, in 2015, nearly 28.8 million U.S. adults could benefit from using hearing aids.
- According to the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, as of December 2012, 324,200 cochlear implants were implanted worldwide. In the U.S., nearly 58,000 devices were implanted in adults and 38,000 in children.
- As per the National Institute of Deafness and other Communication Disorders (NIDCD), in 2016, around 3.65 million hearing aid units were dispensed in the U.S.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global partial ossicular replacement prosthesis market are:
- Heinz Kurz GmbH Medizintechnik
- Xomed Surgical Products Inc. (Medtronic)
- GRACE MEDICAL
- Olympus Corporation
- SPIGGLE & THEIS Medizintechnik GmbH
Global Partial Ossicular Replacement Prosthesis Market: Research Scope
Global Partial Ossicular Replacement Prosthesis Market, by Material
Global Partial Ossicular Replacement Prosthesis Market, by Indication
- Congenital Abnormalities
- Chronic Middle Ear Disease
Global Partial Ossicular Replacement Prosthesis Market, by Patient Type
Global Partial Ossicular Replacement Prosthesis Market, by End-user
- ENT Clinics
Global Partial Ossicular Replacement Prosthesis Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.