Ozone Therapy in Dermatology Market
Ozone Therapy in Dermatology Market (Type: Devices and Topical Medication; Application: Eczema, Herpes, Acneiform Eruption, Psoriasis, Mycosis, and Others; End User: Hospitals, Dermatology Clinics, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Ozone Therapy in Dermatology Market – Emerging from the Battle of Legalization
The superior disinfectant properties of ozone as compared to chlorine enthused scientists towards exploring its potential in the healthcare industry in the mid-nineteenth century. As studies claiming the effectiveness of ozone therapy in preventing bacterial growth began coming to light, the procedure caused a stir among therapists and physicians across the world. However, revolution, in the true sense, was led by German physician Dr. Hänsler, who manufactured the first modern ozone generator that became a benchmark for other physicians.
Since the very foundation of the ozone therapy market was laid in Germany, Europe gained the early slice of the revenue, and, even today, takes a leading stance. Despite the thriving of the healthcare industry in North America, the European ozone therapy market accounts for relatively three-fold revenue share. Legal frameworks applied to ozone in Europe are dependent upon its intended use, which widens its application in the healthcare industry. However, ozone therapy still awaits a legal designation in North America.
According to the U.S. FDA, ozone is deemed toxic with no useful medical application in adjunctive, preventive, or specific therapy, and exposure to ozone above a permissible degree can cause health hazards. However, in a handful of states with state-specific legislations, laws governing the use of non-allopathic medications approve ozone therapy for the treatment of certain illnesses. In addition, the American Academy of Ozonotherapy is offering ozone therapy training courses and spreading awareness regarding its antibacterial properties, which is entailing steady progress of the industry in the region.
Amidst the battle of legalization, the ozone therapy in dermatology market managed to record a value of ~ US$ 270 Mn in 2018.
Identify the key factors that will drive your company’s growth. Request a brochure of this report here
Changing Dynamics of the Ozone Therapy in Dermatology Market
Ozone is found to be an excellent ally for combating skin problems such as acne, herpes, and pimples, which has broadened the scope of its use in dermatology.
The ozone therapy in dermatology market in Europe grew ~ 45% in 2018 as compared to the previous year; its market value is more than the value of Asia Pacific and North American market combined. Under the current circumstances, wherein, scientific literature on the application of these devices in dermatology is increasing, players of the ozone therapy in dermatology market are looking at steady, albeit pedestrian growth in the next decade.
Two crucial trends are prodding changes in the ozone therapy in dermatology market
Use of Ozone Devices to Remain Prominent for Ozone Therapy
Ozone devices currently account for ~ 45% of share in the ozone therapy in dermatology market, surpassing topical medications. These exponential sales of ozone devices can be highly attributed to the demand for dermatological ozone therapy machines for treating eczema, acneiform eruption, and psoriasis, as ozone directly inactivates bacterial toxins. However, as the possibilities of developing resistance against antibiotics are high, the sales of topical medications are likely to grow steadily. Among the medications, ozonated oils and creams are perceived to have better healing times when applied on herpes labialis and bacterial tissues to regulate blood circulation, and are increasingly being prescribed by medical experts.
Patients Prefer Undergoing Ozone Therapy at Clinics
Clinics account for over half of the sales of ozone devices and topical medications. Since ozone therapy in dermatology falls under the category of an outpatient procedure, clinics are deemed suitable for patients who are affected by dermatological diseases. With lesser surgical instrument requisites, minimally invasive technique, and reduced healthcare costs, patients evince a marked preference for ozone therapies in clinics over hospitals. These trends are likely to shrink the contribution of hospitals from ~ 32% in 2018 to ~ 29% by 2027 in the ozone therapy in dermatology market.
Want to know more such detailed insights of “Ozone Therapy in Dermatology Market”? Request a PDF sample here
Ozone Therapy in Dermatology Market - German Companies Take the Innovative Way to Grow Share
Ozone therapy has been practiced in Europe for over 50 years, and currently, ~11,000 therapists in Germany, ~3,500 in Russia, and ~3,000 therapists in Italy use ozone therapy in dermatology for achieving better patient outcomes. With a large base of therapists in Germany, research and development activities in the market have been accelerating in top gear.
In 2018, an innovative approach was taken by German companies to extend the traditional scope of ozone therapy by introducing ozone through direct administration for regulating blood circulation. A leading player - Dr. Hänsler Ozonosan - based in Germany, announced the launch of Ozonosan alpha plus, which is an integration of an ozone therapy unit with a photometric measuring unit, to facilitate continuous ozone level control. Besides the regular ozone applications, Ozonosan alpha plus offers major ozone infusion through a patient’s blood or rectal insufflation for circulation-enhancing effect.
Another German player - Humares GmbH - with utmost focus on stability, accuracy, quality, and simplicity, developed Humazona®, a device that offers versatile therapy for activating the immune system so as to create a revitalizing effect.
While a high concentration of market goliaths lies in Germany, owing to a growing number of patients opting for ozone therapy in dermatology market in Italy, the country is likely to spectate exponential growth in the region.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Ozone Therapy in Dermatology Market - Winning Imperatives for Players
As established players have access to better resources and loosened strings of R&D budgets, regional players face stiff competition in the landscape. Stringent regulatory norms in numerous regions further restrict their exposure, and the device approval process also comes at a high cost. This poses a question for regional and local players - How to achieve a better position in the market?
Ozone therapy in dermatology market is a landscape, wherein, the demand for devices and topical medications is drawing an upward trajectory, which can be capitalized on by market players vying for exposure. A cost-competitive strategy coupled with a strong support service can help position their products in prominent light.
Manufacturers operating in the ozone therapy in dermatology market can enter into long-term partnerships with clinics to continue gaining a reciprocal advantage. With government regulations turning lenient regarding the penetration of ozone devices in Asia Pacific, new market opportunities are likely to emerge for market players in this region.
Though the stakes in the ozone therapy in dermatology market are high, given the stringent scrutiny of products, and the availability of scientific literature, both, advocating and criticizing the use of ozone therapy in dermatology, market players need to be prepared to rapidly adapt to the shifting regulations and mirror the same in their growth strategies.
- According to a latest report published by Transparency Market Research on the global ozone therapy in dermatology market for the historical year 2017 and forecast period from 2019 to 2027, rise in the development of technologically-advanced ozone generators and significant rise in the adoption of ozone therapy among patients across the globe in the past few years are projected to boost the growth of the global market during the forecast period.
- The global ozone therapy in dermatology market was valued at ~ US$ 270 Mn in 2018, and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~ 5% from 2019 to 2027.
Advantages of Ozone Therapy: A Key Driver
- Ozone therapy is an effective alternate medical treatment for skin diseases such as eczema, acne, pimples, and herpes virus. The therapy is associated with lesser side effects as compared to other methods of treatment.
- Ozone therapy strengthens the immune system, prevents infections, counteracts cell mutations, stimulates white blood cells, and destroys bacteria, fungi, and viruses, thereby eliminating immune system deficiencies.
- Ozone therapy has application in cancer treatment, support treatment for cardiovascular diseases, diabetes therapies, treatment of wounds, psoriasis, and to delay the aging process.
- Rise in product launches, increase in partnerships & collaborations to enhance product availability, and technological advancements in ozone therapy devices across the globe are expected to fuel the global ozone therapy in dermatology market during the forecast period
Dermatological Ozone Therapy Machines to be Widely Used
- In dermatology, ozone therapy machines are used to disinfect and treat diseases by limiting the effects of bacteria, viruses, fungi, yeast, and protozoa. Dermatological ozone therapy machines was the dominant sub-segment of the devices segment in the global ozone therapy in dermatology market.
- The dermatological ozone therapy machines sub-segment is likely to account for the largest share of the devices segment in the global ozone therapy in dermatology market during the forecast period, due to an increase in the demand for ozone therapy in the treatment of dermatological diseases.
- In terms of application, the herpes segment dominated the global ozone therapy in dermatology market in 2018. Rise in the prevalence of herpes-related diseases among adults and the geriatric population is projected to drive the segment in the global market between 2019 and 2027. According to the Healthline Media U.K. Ltd., as of January 2019, more than 50% people in the U.S. had HSV-1, and around 15.5% people in the age group 14 years to 49 years had HSV-2.
Clinics to Gain Huge Popularity
- Based on end user, the clinics segment accounted for a major share of the global ozone therapy in dermatology market in 2018, followed by the hospitals segment.
- Rise in the number of dermatology clinics in developing countries and increase in investments in research & development and exploration of new uses of ozone therapy devices in the treatment of other dermal diseases are anticipated to drive the clinics segment in the global ozone therapy in dermatology market from 2019 to 2027.
- The hospitals segment is expected to expand at a significant CAGR in the ozone therapy in dermatology market during the forecast period. Growth of the segment can be attributed to increase in the adoption of ozone therapy products to treat wounds, diabetic foot ulcers, and infections due to their antibacterial effect.
Europe a prominent Ozone Therapy in Dermatology Market
- Europe accounted for a major share of the global ozone therapy in dermatology market in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Early adoption of technologically-advanced ozone therapy systems, favorable regulations for approval of ozone therapy machines, and adoption of ozone generators for treating patients with different dermal diseases by physicians are factors that drive the ozone therapy in dermatology market in Europe.
- Asia Pacific is also likely to be an attractive market for ozone therapy in dermatology. The market in the region is projected to grow at a faster pace than other regions during the forecast period, due to the surge in the adoption of ozone therapy, increase in the number of dermatology clinics, and rise in the market penetration of ozonated oil & cream manufacturing companies in countries such as China, India, South Korea, and Hong Kong.
Ozone Therapy in Dermatology Market: Competitive Landscape
- Detailed profiles of the manufacturers of ozone therapy devices and topical medication products have been provided in the ozone therapy in dermatology market report to evaluate their key product offerings, financials, business strategies, and recent developments.
- Major players operating in the global market include -
- MEDOZONS Ltd.
- Zotzmann + Stahl GmbH + Co. KG
- The Ozone Company
- Ozolabs, LLC
- Humares GmbH
- Dr. J. Hänsler GmbH
- Apoza Enterprise Co., Ltd.
Ozone Therapy in Dermatology Market: Business Strategies
Major manufacturers are adopting collaboration and partnership strategies to penetrate into the global ozone therapy in dermatology market and emerge as leaders dealing in ozone therapy products.
- Apoza Enterprise Co., Ltd. has partnerships with a number of medical equipment suppliers for the sale of its ozone therapy devices.
- Manufacturers participate in trade fairs to display their product portfolios, which, in turn, helps them develop potential customers and strong distributor relationships.
In the global ozone therapy in dermatology market report, we have provided the profiles of manufacturers of ozone therapy products. The ‘competitive landscape’ section is included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company footprint analysis of the key players operating in the global market.
Transparency Market Research (TMR), in its latest research report, offers an incisive outlook on the key parameters determining the use of ozone therapy in dermatology during the forecast period of 2019-2027, wherein, 2017 is the historical period and 2018 is the base year. This exhaustive research traces the crucial trends and notable developments increasing the use of ozone therapy in dermatology. In addition to this, it offers an intelligent outlook pertaining to the application of ozone therapy in dermatology, by analyzing the key drivers, trends, restraints, threats, and opportunities in the ozone therapy in dermatology market.
This exclusive guide provides a comprehensive view of the demand and supply chain of the ozone therapy in dermatology market, which provides important information about the balance of demand-supply of ozone devices and topical medications. This comprehensive research ozone therapy in dermatology market report also determines macroeconomic as well as microeconomic factors that help in comprehending the lucrative opportunities present in the market during the forecast period.
The ozone therapy in dermatology market size is estimated in terms of value (US$ Mn). Actionable insights present in this comprehensive study will aid key stakeholders of the market in pinpointing profitable opportunities for the advancement of their businesses. This detailed guide traces the key players functioning in the ozone therapy in dermatology market. This comprehensive guide provides an in-depth overview of the key market players, along with their strategies, financials, and key developments in the market.
Key Questions Answered in the Ozone Therapy in Dermatology Market Report
- What is the demand scenario for ozone therapy in dermatology in terms of value and volume?
- What are the relevant drivers shaping the growth of the ozone therapy in dermatology market?
- How will the ozone therapy market evolve in terms of dermatology during the forecast period?
- What are the crucial challenges and threats restraining the use of ozone therapy in dermatology?
- What are the microeconomic and macroeconomic factors that are impacting the use of ozone therapy in dermatology?
- Which application segment will remain a key contributor in terms of value and volume?
For compiling the report on the use of ozone therapy in dermatology, a systematic research methodology has been adopted, which helps in determining actionable intelligence and estimate market size, backed by reliable statistics and data. Our seasoned analysts leverage primary and secondary research methodologies for gaining key insights into the use of ozone therapy in dermatology. For conducting primary research, industry experts, top opinion leaders, manufacturers, distributors, and business heads were interviewed. For conducting secondary research, company annual reports, press releases, publications, and financial reports were studied, and opportunities available in the ozone therapy in dermatology market were determined.
Ozone Therapy in Dermatology Market Segmentation
This study on the use of ozone therapy in dermatology provides a detailed study of the market attractiveness, by analyzing the significant market segments. The global report, in turn, covers a country-wise analysis for comprehending the demand and supply ratio of the ozone therapy used for dermatology applications.
This exclusive report offers a thorough analysis based on the type of ozone therapies, end user, application, and region. Each of these segments is included and studied in this research report, in order to cull actionable insights regarding the growing use of ozone therapy in dermatology. This comprehensive guide on the ozone therapy in dermatology market provides historical, current, and futuristic trends influencing the growth of these segment, in particular, and the ozone therapy in dermatology market, in general. In addition to this, it provides value chain analysis, Y-o-Y growth analysis, and supply chain analysis of the use of ozone therapy in dermatology.
Middle East & Africa