Antibacterial Drugs Market
Antibacterial Drugs Market (Drug Class - B - lactams, Quinolones, Macrolides, Tetracycline, Aminoglycoside, Sulfonamide, and Phenicols; Routes of Administration - Enteral and Parenteral; Distribution Channel - Hospital Pharmacies, Drug Stores and Retail Pharmacies, and Online Sales) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global antibacterial drugs market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, high prevalence of infectious diseases, increase in research and developmental activities, and increase in initiatives by government in healthcare sector are the factors projected to drive the global antibacterial drugs market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global antibacterial drugs market was valued at US$ 46.37 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 1.5% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Antibacterial Drugs Market
Increase in Prevalence of Infectious Diseases: Key Driver
- High prevalence of infectious diseases results in increasing number of patient population and rise in the demand for antibacterial drugs, which thereby is responsible for driving the antibacterial drugs market
- According to Baylor College of Medicine, infectious diseases are a leading cause of death worldwide, particularly in low income countries, especially in young children.
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) states that, every year, around three million people in the EU catch a healthcare-associated infection, of whom approximately 50,000 die.
- According to National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey in 2016 in U.S., approximately 280,000, emergency department visits resulted in hospital admission with a principal hospital discharge diagnosis of infectious and parasitic diseases
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Increase in geriartic population and increasing number of antibiotic resistance or multi-drug resistant bacterial strains
- According to a study published in 2016, titled “Infection in an aging population”, the global population is rapidly aging. Currently, 566 million people are 65 years old worldwide, with estimates of nearly 1.5 billion by 2050, particularly in developing countries. Infections constitute a third of mortality in people 65 years old. Moreover, lengthening life spans correlate with increased time in hospitals or long-term care facilities and exposure to drug-resistant pathogens. Indeed, the risk of nosocomial infections increases with age, independent of duration spent in healthcare facilities.
- According to WHO, antibiotic resistant bacteria are responsible for up to 60% of hospital acquired infections in the United States. Resistance means that people with infections are ill for longer periods, and are at greater risk of dying, and that disease epidemics are prolonged.
- As per WHO, in 2016, around 490,000 people developed multi-drug resistant tuberculosis globally, and drug resistance is starting to complicate the fight against HIV and malaria, as well.
- Therefore, rise in geriatric population, and increasing number of antibiotic resistance or multi-drug resistant bacterial strains are responsible for boosting the growth of the antibacterial drugs market
Rising number of generic drugs for antibacterial activities and patent expiries to Hamper Market
- The Generic Drug User Fee Amendments (GDUFA), passed by U.S. Congress in 2012, were intended to speed U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval of new generic drugs, which create competition for brand drugs and reduce drug prices for consumers.
- Wide availability of over the counter (OTC) drugs and generic drugs, and number of antibacterial drugs near to off patent is anticipated to lead to a shift from branded drugs to generic ones, which could hamper the antibacterial drugs market from realizing its true revenue potential.
- Henceforth, above mentioned factors can thereby hamper the growth of the antibacterial drugs market
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Antibacterial Drugs Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global antibacterial drugs market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global antibacterial drugs market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global antibacterial drugs market are
- Bayer AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Novartis AG
Global Antibacterial Drugs Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global antibacterial drugs market are engaged in regulatory approvals, new drug developemnt, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global antibacterial drugs market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global antibacterial drugs market are:
- In October 2019, GSK started a phase III clinical programme for a potential first-in-class antibiotic, gepotidacin
- In July 2019, the FDA approved new triple-drug antibiotic from Merck, Recarbrio (imipenem, cilastatin, relebactam) for injection, 1.25 gm for the treatment of patients at least 18 years old with complicated urinary tract infections, including pyelonephritis, and complicated intra abdominal infections caused by certain Gram-negative bacteria who have limited or no alternative treatment options.
- In August 2016, Pfizer Inc. announced that it has entered into an agreement with AstraZeneca to acquire the development and commercialization rights to its late-stage small molecule anti-infectives business, primarily outside the United States.
The report on the global antibacterial drugs market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of antibacterial drugs. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global antibacterial drugs market.
TMR’s report on the global antibacterial drugs market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global antibacterial drugs market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global antibacterial drugs market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global antibacterial drugs market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global antibacterial drugs market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global antibacterial drugs market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global antibacterial drugs market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global antibacterial drugs market. Key players operating in the global antibacterial drugs market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global antibacterial drugs market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Antibacterial Drugs Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global antibacterial drugs market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global antibacterial drugs market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global antibacterial drugs market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for antibacterial drugs providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global antibacterial drugs market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global antibacterial drugs market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global antibacterial drugs market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global antibacterial drugs market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the antibacterial drugs market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary research sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the antibacterial drugs market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global antibacterial drugs market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global antibacterial drugs market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Antibacterial drugs Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Antibacterial drugs Market – Segmentation
Route of Administration
Drug Stores and Retail Pharmacies
Middle East & Africa