Increasing relevance of optical fibres in key industries has brought optoelectronics under the radar of attention. Several new products in the electronics industry are developed on the principle of optical sensing. Furthermore, the area of photoelectric testing has also gathered momentum in the contemporary times. The relevance of photodiodes, and other devices that can be run on solar energy, has brought in fresh revenue for photoelectronic manufacturers. A plethora of new products that exploit the functions of optoelectronic transducers are in the pipeline. The revenues generated by the sale of optoelectronic devices shall increase by a dramatic chase in the times to follow.
- Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and OLEDs have gained popularity across several industries. This factor, coupled with the progressive development within electronic manufacturing, shall drive demand for optoelectronics. Manufacturers of optoelectronic devices are focusing on expediting manufacturing in order to meet the ascending demand.
- The importance of photoemission cameras in several industries such as entertainment, science and technology, and research has helped in popularising optoelectronics. Fiber optical communications also hold value across leading industries, creating fresh demand for optoelectronics. As new lines of manufacturing emerge in the domain of optical technologies, the demand for optoelectronics is expected to rise.
Global Optoelectronics Market: Overview
Optoelectronics currently dominate the global semiconductor industry as the fastest growing segment. As the global optoelectronics market exhibit multi-fold growth every year, the hold in the semiconductor industry is likely to strengthen further. The robust segments within the industry, particularly those catering to the cause of energy-efficiency have led to innovations in image sensors, LEDs, and other optoelectronics. With several other developments underway, Transparency Market Research pegs a high CAGR for the global optoelectronics market between 2016 and 2024.
The report presents a broad evaluation of the global optoelectronics market on the basis of various segments. Based on in-depth research it determines the potential threats and opportunities for the market. Besides this, a detailed assessment of the growth drivers and restraints is also included in the report. In order to determine the scope for the entry of new players, the report also conducts an investment feasibility analysis. It also gauges the effect of Porter’s five forces on the overall market operations.
Global Optoelectronics Market: Trends and Opportunities
Experts connote the optoelectronics market as self-driven by its segments, which are distributed in terms of type and application such as LEDs, the Internet and compact disks (CDs), OLEDs, Blue Ray, and DVDs among others. The exponentially increasing demand for these products and their easy availability are the chief factors translating into opportunities for the optoelectronics industry. In addition, the ever increasing spending incurred on power by consumers in Asia Pacific has been contributing immensely to the high revenue generated by the industry in the last couple of years.
On the downside, optoelectronics has higher cost compared to their conventional counterparts. This could hinder the market’s expansion to an extent. In terms of application, the demand for liquid crystal displays (LCDs), which is key substitute for LEDs and a more economical solution despite difference in terms of quality, will continue rising through the forecast period. Besides this, the high replacement cost of spare parts will also emerge as a major restraint for the sales of LEDs, which occupy a major revenue share in the global optoelectronics market.
Global Optoelectronics Market: Regional Outlook
Asia Pacific, among the key regional segments, is foretold to exhibit lucrative market opportunities. The surge in the China optoelectronics market, coupled with the rising demand from other nations such as India, Japan, and South Korea, will enable the Asia Pacific market gain significant momentum over the course of the report’s forecast period. Furthermore, the report forecasts the market to witness attractive prospects in Rest of the World.
In developed markets such as North America, the rising demand from nations such as Canada, Mexico, and the U.S. will keep the demand for optoelectronics high. In Europe, the market is expected to witness attractive opportunities in countries such as Germany, France, U.K., and others.
Global Optoelectronics Market: Vendor Landscape
The report provides an in-depth overview of the global optoelectronics market complete with a detailed assessment of the prevailing vendor landscape. Some of the leading companies operating in the market are Toshiba Corp., Sony Corp., ROHM, Sharp Corp., BetaLED, Avago Technologies, Panasonic, Philips and others. The report conducts SWOT analysis on the most prominent companies to gauge their strengths and weaknesses. The analysis also helps provide insights into the opportunities and threats that these companies are projected to witness over the course of the forecast period.
Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report gives you access to decisive data such as:
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for the coming years
Key highlights of this report
- Overview of key market forces propelling and restraining market growth
- Up-to-date analyses of market trends and technological improvements
- Pin-point analyses of market competition dynamics to offer you a competitive edge
- An analysis of strategies of major competitors
- An array of graphics and SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- Detailed analyses of industry trends
- A well-defined technological growth map with an impact-analysis
- Offers a clear understanding of the competitive landscape and key product segments
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.