The image sensors market research report enumerates growth propellers, restraints, trends and forecasts that will prove beneficial to both new and established market participants. The market research report offers a eagle’s view of the overall image sensors market in the backdrop of the emergence of social networking sites, smartphones, and smart digital cameras. The report offers a thorough analysis of market figures on the global and regional level. The capacity and structure of this industry is studied in detail in the image sensors market research report.
Our analysts effectively employ Porter’s five forces analysis to study the current and future position of buyers and suppliers, as well as any impending threat from substitutes and competitors. To give you a clearer view of the existing competitive landscape, we have included a comprehensive Company Profiles section in this report. The Company Profiles section offers information about the recent developments, product portfolio, financial results, and a SWOT analysis of the featured market players.
Overview of the image sensors market
As of 2012, the global image sensors market stood at USD 6,845 million and the number of worldwide shipments were pegged at 1,469.5 million units. The largest application area of image sensors is digital cameras. But, with an unprecedented growth in smartphone shipments globally, the use of image sensors in smartphone cameras is likely to escalate.
However, besides these predominant consumer applications, image sensors are also used in industrial quality control applications to improve product yield and spot defective units on the production line. The use of image sensors in camcorders, biometrics, digital cameras, virtual keyboards, video-conferencing applications, optical mice, and so on has stoked their demand considerably. The demand for such sensors has also seen an upward growth as economies emerge from the recent global economic recession. Further, the innovative use of image sensors in machine vision and image processing technologies will bode well for this market.
In the near future, the consumer electronics application segment is expected to be the largest in the image sensors market, in terms of both revenue and volume. It will account for about 50% of the entire market. Other application areas that will catch on include: medical devices and automotive. From the geographical region standpoint, North America was the largest market for image sensors as of 2013. But, with a health CAGR, the Asia Pacific market is estimated to grow the fastest over the forecast period of this report, given the large number of first-time buyers in emerging economies such as India and China.
Innovation and product development and upgrades, coupled with frequent new product launches in the market will likely be the mantra for growth for most leading market players in the coming years.
Key factors dictating the growth of the image sensors market:
- A soaring use of, and demand for, digital cameras
- A growing demand for smartphones and mobile phones with cameras, where features such as tagging, photo-sharing, are enabled
- Low cost of manufacturing
- Low power consumption and compact attributes, which contribute towards enhanced battery life of products
Companies mentioned in the image sensors market research report
Leading companies that are profiled in this market research report include: OmniVision Technologies Inc., Aptina Imaging Corp., Samsung Semiconductor, Micron Technologies, Sony Semiconductor Corp., Hamamatsu Avago Technologies, and Magna Chips.
Geographies analyzed under this research report:
- North America
- Rest of the World
This report gives you access to decisive data such as:
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for the coming years
Key highlights of this report:
- Overview of key market forces propelling and restraining market growth
- Up-to-date analyses of market trends and technological improvements
- Pin-point analyses of market competition dynamics to offer you a competitive edge
- An analysis of strategies of major competitors
- An array of graphics and SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- Detailed analyses of industry trends
- A well-defined technological growth map with an impact-analysis
- Offers a clear understanding of the competitive landscape and key product segments