CMOS Image Sensors Market: Introduction
- Complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) image sensors convert light into an electric signal
- CMOS image sensors comprise amplifiers, which can amplify an electric signal from the photodiodes
- The photodiodes accumulate an electric charge when they are exposed to light. The charges are converted into voltage and amplified and transmitted as an electric signal
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global CMOS Image Sensors Market
- CMOS image sensors are used more predominantly than other traditional image sensors due to properties such as small size, high frame rates, high resolution, low consumption of power, high sensitivity, lower cost toward manufacturing, and less noise. These factors make CMOS image sensors ideal for usage in various industries, especially in the health care industry.
- According to the World Health Organization, around 234.2 million surgeries are performed globally. CMOS image scanners are used before or during a surgery. Hence, demand for CMOS image sensors is increasing during and before a surgery as well as for other health care procedures.
Asia Pacific to Capture Major Share of Global CMOS Image Sensors Market
- In terms of region, the global CMOS image sensors market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to account for large share of the global CMOS image sensors market due to increase in adoption of high-end image sensors such as CMOS for various health care procedures and presence of well-established companies.
- Europe is a leading market for CMOS image sensors due to enhanced health care processes, better health care policies, and implementation of new digital image sensor technology
- The CMOS image sensors market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to expansion of health care infrastructure and increase in awareness about various treatment options in the region. Moreover, advancements in digital technology for treating and testing various health problems drives the use of CMOS image sensors that are directly connected to a computer or any system to view the image generated. This factor is likely to boost the growth of the market in the region in the next few years.
Key Players Operating in Global CMOS Image Sensors Market
The global CMOS image sensors market is consolidated due to the presence of small number of key players. These players hold major share in their respective regions. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global CMOS image sensors market.
Major players operating in the global CMOS image sensors market are:
- STMicroelectronics NV
- Sony Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- ON Semiconductor Corporation
- Canon, Inc.
- SK Hynix, Inc.
- Omnivision Technologies, Inc.
- Hamamatsu Photonics K.K.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Teledyne DALSA
- JAI A/S
- Olympus Corporation
- Other prominent players
Global CMOS Image Sensors Market: Research Scope
Global CMOS Image Sensors Market, by Application
- Dental Imaging
- Endoscopy & Digital Pathology
- Orthopedic & Surgical
Global CMOS Image Sensors Market, by End-user
Global CMOS Image Sensors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!