North America Specialty Silica Market
North America Specialty Silica Market (Type: Precipitated Silica, Fumed Silica, Fused Silica, Silica Gel, and Colloidal Silica; Application: Rubber [Tire, Footwear, and Others], Crop Protection & Animal Feed, Electronic Components, Pulp & Paper, Personal Care & Cosmetics, Paints & Coatings, Optical, Foundry, Construction, and Others) - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Specialty Silica Deploys Excellent External Surface Area to Rubber Tires
The demand for high performance rubber is surging, especially with rapid growth of the automotive sector. Hence, specialty silica is used as a reinforcement filler in tire rubber applications in order to improve tire performance. This is evident since rubber is estimated to dictate the highest revenue among all applications in the North America specialty silica market, where the market is expected to cross the revenue mark of ~US$ 3 Bn by the end of 2030.
Conventional silica grades have poor dispersion in the tire rubber matrix. Hence, companies in the North America specialty silica market are increasing their production capabilities to tap into incremental opportunities in rubber applications, since the revenue of rubber is projected for exponential growth during the forecast period. As such, manufacturers are increasing their R&D capabilities to produce small particle size of specialty silica with reduced aggregates to deploy excellent external surface area to rubber tires.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Modernization of Production Facilities to Deploy High-value Silicates in Thickeners and Paints
Companies in the North America specialty silica market need to adopt innovative strategies to boost their revenue growth. For instance, in April 2019, BASF— a global leader and marketer of chemicals, announced to invest a mid-range double-digit euro million sum in the modernization of its silica plant at their Düsseldorf-Holthausen site. Thus, companies in the North America specialty silica market should take cues from leading market players to gain a competitive edge in the global market landscape.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Manufacturers should increase investments in capacity additions to unlock incremental opportunities in the field of crop protection and the paints & coatings industry. The trend of modernization of existing production facilities plays an instrumental role in the production of high-value specialty silica. By modernizing manufacturing plants, companies in the market can focus on exports in regions where there is a high demand for silica such as the Western European markets. As such, manufacturers are tapping into incremental opportunities in thickeners used in mortars, foundry molds, and mineral paints to broaden their revenue streams.
Fumed Silica Gains Prominence in Construction Sector to Reduce CO2 Emissions
Apart from rubber and crop protection applications, companies in the North America specialty silica market are unearthing revenue opportunities in the construction sector. Fumed silica or micro silica is gaining popularity for improving the mechanical properties of concrete. This explains why fumed silica is estimated to register the second-highest revenue among all specialty silica types in the North America specialty silica market. However, silica fume concrete is under scrutiny for large shrinkage rates. As such, high bond strength to concrete offset adds to the disadvantage of large shrinkage rates.
The demand for specialty silica is expected to surge since overuse of cement has become a major environmental concern. Hence, companies in the North America specialty silica market are capitalizing on this trend to increase the availability of fumed silica. Fumed silica is being highly publicized to reduce CO2 emissions and improve strength and durability of concrete. On the other hand, precipitated silica is acquiring prominence in the manufacturing of tires and surface sealants for the construction industry. Detergents and cleaning agents are also expected to account for a significant share.
Companies leverage Opportunities in Electronic Components to Support COVID-19 Healthcare Practitioners
Specialty chemical and material providers in the North America specialty silica market are taking a step forward to join the fight against coronavirus (COVID-19). They are working closely with medical equipment OEMs to avoid any disruptions in supply chains. Unprecedented demand for PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and other medical devices has highlighted the importance of specialty silica.
Since silica is used in the production of electronic components, companies in the North America specialty silica market are leveraging opportunities in the production of ventilator components. They are increasing efforts to deliver technologies in components of trucks that are used for transportation and in medical supplied used by frontline healthcare workers.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in North America Specialty Silica Market, ask for a customized report
Promising business potentials in developing ventilator and other electronic components are helping companies in the North America specialty silica market to join the fight against COVID-19. Manufacturers are increasing the availability of both powder and granulated forms of precipitated silica used in the production of oral care products, agrochemicals, and adhesives.
Fumed silica improves abrasion resistance in concrete. However, condensed silica fume has a large surface area, demanding the need for increased volumes of water and plasticizer, resulting in increased costs for builders. Hence, companies should increase awareness about high electrical resistivity and reduced CO2 emissions of fumed silica that help to offset costs of large surface area.
North America Specialty Silica Market: Overview
- In terms of value, the specialty silica market in North America is expected to reach ~US$ 3 Bn by 2030
- Increase in demand for specialty silica, owing to its exceptional properties is anticipated to boost the specialty silica market in North America during the forecast period
- Rubber is projected to be highly attractive industry for specialty silica in North America in the near future
North America Specialty Silica Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Increase in consumption of ecofriendly vehicles has led to the revival of the automotive sector. This has also boosted the tire industry. Rise in demand for tires, owing to increase in consumption of automobiles across the globe is anticipated to drive the specialty silica market. Demand for rubber is estimated to be driven by the increase in tire output, as the global automobile production has been rising in several developed countries.
- Rise in demand for anti-caking, free flowing powders in animal nutrients, and crop protection formulations is expected to augment the specialty silica market in North America during the forecast period
- Specialty silica helps increase the viscosity of oils and emulsions, thus improving the stability and structure of creams, lipsticks, lotions, and make-up preparations. Growth in cosmetics and personal care industries is anticipated to boost the demand for specialty silica. This, in turn, is estimated to propel the specialty silica market in North America in the near future.
- Development of highly dispersible silica (HDS) is likely to provide lucrative opportunities to the specialty silica market in North America during the forecast period, due to the increase in demand for specialty silica in rubber applications such as high-performance tires
- The expensive nature of colloidal silica and fused silica; and availability of substitutes such as oxides of magnesium (magnesia), aluminum (alumina), and calcium (lime) are anticipated to hamper the specialty silica market in North America during the forecast period. Furthermore, the specialty silica market in North America is projected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period, due to the accessibility of inexpensive substitutes for silica gel such as clay and bentonite for cat litter, and calcium sulfate for desiccants.
North America Specialty Silica Market: Key Segments
- Based on type, the specialty silica market in North America has been divided into precipitated silica, fumed silica, fused silica, silica gel, and colloidal silica
- In terms of value and volume, precipitated silica is a prominent segment of the specialty silica market in North America. Particles of precipitated silica are porous. Precipitated silica is employed in various applications such as rubber, plastics, food processing, and pharmaceuticals.
- Based on application, the specialty silica market in North America has been classified into rubber, crop protection & animal feed, electronic components, pulp & paper, personal care & cosmetics, paints & coatings, optical, foundry, construction, and others
- The rubber segment is likely to expand at a rapid pace in the near future, as it is a leading consumer of specialty silica. The tire sub-segment held key share of the specialty silica market in 2019. The segment is likely to maintain its position in the specialty silica market in North America in the near future, due to the development of highly dispersible silica for rubber and tire industries.
North America Specialty Silica Market: Major Business Strategies
- In 2017, Evonik Industries built a new production plant for precipitated silica in order to cater to the expanding rubber and tire industries. The facility is built in the Southeast U.S., in close proximity to major U.S.-based tire production sites. The new plant is estimated to enable the company to cater to customers in North America.
- W.R. Grace & Co. focuses on upgrading its specialty silica products. In 2015, the company launched Syloid, a specialty silica matting agent specially designed for the architectural coatings industry. Through this move, the company aims to expand its silica technology portfolio and strengthen its market position in the paints & coatings industry.
- In March 2019, Nouryon, formerly AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals, increased the production capacity for surface-modified colloidal silica at its Bohus site in Sweden. The US$ 329.3 Mn expansion primarily adds capacity to the company’s Levasil CC-branded product line, which is extensively used by manufacturers of paints and coatings.
- In October 2016, PPG Industries, Inc. expanded the production capacity of precipitated silica at its manufacturing location in Delfzijl, the Netherlands. The expansion adds capacity of more than 15,000 tons per year of advanced precipitated silica products. The added capacity is estimated to help PPG Industries, Inc. to cater to the rising demand for AGILON performance silica products, including fulfilling multiyear global supply agreements with major tire manufacturers.
North America Specialty Silica Market: Competition Landscape
- Major manufacturers of specialty silica in North America include
- Tokuyama Corporation
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Evonik Industries AG
- Wacker Chemie AG
- W. R. Grace & Co.
- Solvay S.A.
North America Specialty Silica Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the specialty silica market in North America published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as structure of the specialty silica market in the region. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the specialty silica market in North America to illustrate how growth would discern during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis as well as supply chain analysis and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the specialty silica market in North America during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis of leading market players’ business strategies is also featured in TMR’s study on the specialty silica market in North America. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth of the specialty silica market in North America. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the specialty silica market in North America, which would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on North America Specialty Silica Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the specialty silica market in North America between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the specialty silica market in North America?
- Would U.S. continue to remain the most profitable market for manufacturers of specialty silica in North America in the near future?
- Which factors would impede the growth of the specialty silica market in North America during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the specialty silica market in North America?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the specialty silica market in North America and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the specialty silica market in North America include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the specialty silica market in North America as a primary resource.
These primary and secondary resources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the specialty silica market in North America. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the specialty silica market in North America with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the specialty silica market in North America more reliable and accurate.
North America Specialty Silica Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the specialty silica market in North America segments the market based on type, application, and country. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the specialty silica market in North America are discussed in detail.