Specialty Silica Market
Specialty Silica Market (Product: Precipitated Silica, Fumed Silica, Fused Silica, Silica Gel, and Colloidal Silica; and Application: Rubber, Crop Protection, Paints & Coatings, Food & Beverages, Animal Feed, Plastics, Personal Care & Cosmetics, Adhesives & Sealants, Chemical Mechanical Planarization [CMP], Composites, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Ongoing COVID-19 Crisis Restricts Companies from Investing in Production Technologies
Rubber production and prices have been severely hit due to COVID-19-induced trade restrictions. Specialty silica, being one of the key materials in rubber production, is simultaneously experiencing a dip in prices. As such, manufacturers in the specialty silica market are expecting a surge in the demand for rubber and silica in the first quarter of 2021. India, one of the key producers of rubber worldwide witnessed a sharp fall in rubber prices until the month of August 2020.
Factory closures and volatile demand and supply are affecting the growth of the specialty silica market amidst the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. The uncertainty of lockdown restrictions due to the growing number of active COVID-19 cases in India, the U.S., Russia, and European countries has restricted manufacturers from investing in new production technologies and machineries.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Specialty Silica Market
Spherical Particle Morphology Used to Engineer Paints for Wet Reaction Conditions
Burnishing and wet abrasion resistance are key formulating challenges faced by manufacturers of modern architectural paints. Existing filler and formulation options show limited support and this is emerging as a challenge for paint manufacturers. Hence, companies in the specialty silica market are gaining a strong research base in particle morphology of fillers. For instance, Evonik Industries— a Germany-based specialty chemicals company is gaining market recognition for SPHERILEX®— a novel synthetic silica, which is produced using the unique method of the spherical particle morphology.
Synthetic silica is being engineered to improve durability and burnish the resistance of paints and coatings. Companies in the specialty silica market are eliminating the need for traditional silica benefits in coatings so that these products offer variations in wet reaction process conditions.
Silica Leakage Leads to Potential Damage of Downstream Wastewater Equipment in Facilities
The specialty silica market is expected to surpass the valuation of US$ 10 Bn by the end of 2030. However, manufacturers face issues of silica leakage, which occurs due to the rise in silica levels at a facility’s raw water treatment system. This leads to problems of excess silica in the form of effluents and create challenges in wastewater treatment. Hence, companies in the specialty silica market are adopting smart planning measures to avoid potential damage to the downstream wastewater equipment, owing to scaling and fouling.
Samco Technologies, designs, manufactures, and services custom wastewater equipment systems, and is educating silica manufacturers that the chemical feeders and sludge handling components used in lime softening systems should be of adequate capacity to manage silica removal.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Increasing Production Capacities Helps Manufacturers Scale Business in Asia and Middle East
Investments in production capacities is helping companies in the specialty silica market to scale their business in European countries. For instance, W.R. Grace— a producer of high-performance specialty chemicals and materials, has announced the opening of its new 8,200 square-meter colloidal silica plant based in Worms, Germany. In-house R&D facilities are boosting the credibility credentials of manufacturers in the specialty silica market. Apart from Europe, silica manufacturers are unlocking revenue opportunities in Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
Silica manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities to meet the growing worldwide demand for specialty silica. This explains why the specialty silica market is projected to clock a favorable CAGR of 6% during the assessment period. Apart from coatings and rubber, manufacturers are catering to a myriad of applications in casting binders, catalysts, and refractory additives.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Specialty Silica Market
Companies in the specialty silica market are expected to invest in production technologies and machineries by the first quarter of 2021 to spark the demand for quality materials as the COVID-19 pandemic subsides. Specialty silica has considerable untapped potential crop protection and animal feed applications. However, manufacturers are challenges with silica leakage, resulting in significant damage to their downstream wastewater equipment and systems. Hence, silica manufacturers should adopt smart planning measures, and evaluate the adequate capacity of chemical feeders and sludge handling components used in lime softening systems to facilitate silica removal. Investments toward output capacities in European, Asian, Middle Eastern, and African countries help to create high-tech manufacturing jobs and enable the deployment of robust production technologies.
Specialty Silica Market: Overview
- In terms of value, the specialty silica market is expected to cross US$ 10 Bn by 2030
- Rise in demand for specialty silica, owing to its wide usage in rubber and personal care & cosmetics applications, is anticipated to propel the global specialty silica market during the forecast period
- Rubber is projected to be a highly lucrative application segment of the global specialty silica market in the near future
Specialty Silica Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Increase in consumption of ecofriendly vehicles has led to the revival of the automotive sector. This has boosted the tire industry. Rise in demand for tires, owing to increase in sale of automobiles across the globe, is anticipated to drive the specialty silica market. Growth in demand for rubber can be ascribed to rise in tire output, as the global automobile production has been increasing in several developed countries.
- Chemical mechanical planarization (CMP) is a polishing technique employed to remove unwanted dielectric and conductive materials on semiconductors and microelectronic components. Colloidal silica and fumed silica are largely used as abrasive particles in CMP slurries. Fumed silica obtained through flame pyrolysis is being used significantly, owing to its high purity and simple synthesis. Fumed silica stabilizes CMP slurries through selective removal of large particles. Growth of the microelectronics industry has further boosted the CMP industry, which has augmented the demand for CMP slurries. This, in turn, has propelled the demand for specialty silica.
- Specialty silica is widely used in refractories. Colloidal silica and fused silica are types of specialty silica primarily used for the refractory application. The expensive nature of fused silica; and availability of substitutes such as oxides of magnesium (magnesia), aluminum (alumina), and calcium (lime) are estimated to adversely affect the global specialty silica market during the forecast period. Furthermore, accessibility of inexpensive substitutes for silica gel, such as clay and bentonite for cat litter and calcium sulfate for desiccants, is anticipated to hamper the specialty silica market during the forecast period.
Specialty Silica Market: Major Products
- Based on product, the global specialty silica market has been segmented into precipitated silica, fumed silica, fused silica, silica gel, and colloidal silica
- Precipitated silica was a high-value product segment of the global specialty silica market in 2019. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The fumed silica segment has also been expanding at a significant pace since the past few years. The fumed silica segment is estimated to expand substantially during the forecast period.
Specialty Silica Market: Prominent Applications
- Based on application, the global specialty silica market has been divided into rubber, crop protection, paints & coatings, food & beverages, animal feed, plastics, personal care & cosmetics, adhesives & sealants, chemical mechanical planarization (CMP), composites, and others
- The rubber segment is projected to dominate the global specialty silica market during the forecast period. Specialty silica is primarily used in the rubber industry as filler, softener, and performance enhancer for various tire, footwear, and industrial end uses. Precipitated silica is a commonly used specialty silica in the rubber industry. Development of high dispersible silica (HDS) has helped lower the usage of carbon black as filler in the rubber industry. Development of HDS has also helped improve fuel efficiency, wear resistance, and traction of tires.
Asia Pacific to be Highly Lucrative Region of Specialty Silica Market
- In terms of demand, China has been a lucrative country of the global specialty silica market since the past few years. The country accounts for more than 55% value share of the specialty silica market in Asia Pacific.
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global specialty silica market during the forecast period. The specialty silica market in India expanded considerably in 2019. The country is anticipated to exhibit a lucrative trend for the specialty silica market in the near future.
Specialty Silica Market: Competition Landscape
- Key manufacturers operating in the global specialty silica market include
- Evonik Industries AG
- Solvay S.A.
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- W. R. Grace & Co.
- Cabot Corporation
- Wacker Chemie AG
- PQ Corporation
- Tokuyama Corporation
Specialty Silica Market – Scope of the Report
The new study on the global specialty silica market published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as structure of the global specialty silica market. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global specialty silica market to illustrate how growth would discern during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis as well as supply chain analysis and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR), have been elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global specialty silica market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis of leading market players’ business strategies has also been featured in TMR’s study on the global specialty silica market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee the growth of the global specialty silica market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global specialty silica market, which would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Specialty Silica Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global specialty silica market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends on the global specialty silica market?
- Would Asia Pacific continue to remain the most profitable region for manufacturers of specialty silica in the near future?
- Which factors are expected to hamper the global specialty silica market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies of the global specialty silica market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the global specialty silica market and arrive at conclusions on growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the report on the global specialty silica market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global specialty silica market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global specialty silica market. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global specialty silica market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global specialty silica market more reliable and accurate.
Specialty Silica Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global specialty silica market segments the market based on product, application, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global specialty silica market have been discussed in detail.