Specialty Silica Market
Specialty Silica Market (Products - Precipitated Silica, Fumed Silica, Fused Silica, Silica Gel, and Colloidal Silica; Applications - Rubber (Tire, Footwear, and Industrial), Crop Protection, Paints & Coatings, Electronic Components, Food & Beverage, Animal Feed, Plastics, Personal Care & Cosmetics, Textile, and Paper) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Global Specialty Silica Market: Key Highlights
- The global demand for specialty silica stood nearly US$ 5.2 Bn in 2018 and is projected to reach over US$ 8.5 Bn by 2027. Growth in the rubber, electronic and cosmetics & personal care industry is likely to boost the specialty silica market in the next few years.
- Silica facilitates low rolling resistance, thereby reducing the fuel consumption, as it provides less friction when the tire rolls down the road. Silica is also used in high-performance tires, as a low-heat, buildup reinforcement filler. Owing to stringent environmental norms, silica is being aggressively adopted by tire manufacturers as a reinforcement filler. Silica offers higher reinforcing ability and improves fuel efficiency, while carbon black has higher rolling resistance, which results in higher consumption of fuel. Thus, silica has been substituting carbon black in the tire industry to some extent.
- The global specialty silica market in developing regions is primarily driven by the expansion in automotive, paints & coatings, electrical & electronics, and personal care & cosmetic products. However, the expensive nature and availability of low cost substitutes for colloidal silica and silica gel, is expected to slightly hamper the global specialty silica market growth.
- Colloidal silica and fumed silica are largely used as abrasive particles in CMP slurries. Fumed silica obtained through flame pyrolysis is being used greatly, owing to its high purity and simple synthesis. Fumed silica stabilizes CMP slurries by selectively removal of large particles
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Global Specialty silica Market: Segmental Insights
- In terms of volume, the rubber industry dominates the global specialty silica market. Precipitated silica is primarily employed for rubber applications. Specialty silica are used in various rubber industry applications such as tires, footwear, and industrial applications such as conveyor belts. Demand for specialty silica in the tire industry is rapidly growing due to the rising demand from the automotive industry for high performance tires. It is used in tires to reduce the rolling resistance and wet traction of tires, as rolling resistance of the tire accounts for 20% of fuel consumed by the vehicle. Hence reduction in the rolling resistance leads to reduction in fuel consumed. Demand for specialty silica in these applications is anticipated to increase during the forecast period.
- Electronic components industry is estimated to be highly lucrative application segment during the forecast period, led by the advancements in the chemical mechanical planarization (CMP), and increasing demand for microelectronics and semiconductor industry.
- Precipitate silica accounted for more than 40% share in global specialty silica market in 2018. Precipitated silica is employed in many applications such as rubber, plastics, food processing, and pharmaceuticals. Production of precipitated silica from rice husk ash is a recent trend in the market.
- On account of high chemical resistance, dispersible nature and high purity of fumed silica, fumed silica is majorly used for personal care and cosmetic applications.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Global Specialty Silica Market: Regional Insights
- In terms of volume, Asia Pacific held the largest market share of more than 45% of the global specialty silica market in 2018. The region is likely to experience the significant growth in the next few years. Thus, it is expected to retain its dominance during the forecast period. Asia Pacific and North America are anticipated to offer fast-growing markets for specialty silica during the forecast period. Increasing demand for high performance tires from the automotive industry and rapid developments in the electrical industries is projected to drive the demand for specialty silica market in these regions.
- Growth in the cosmetics and personal care industry are estimated to be one of the key factors driving the market in Middle East and Asia. The global specialty silica market is projected to expand impressively in developing regions during the forecast period.
- Usage of specialty silica in the tire sector is rising at a rapid pace in North America, led by its ability to partially replace carbon black. Implementation of stringent norms regarding carbon emissions in the U.S. and increase in usage of lightweight plastics and rubber tires in the automotive industry are driving the specialty silica market in the region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Specialty Silica Market, ask for a customized report
Global Specialty Silica: Competition Landscape
- A majority of global manufacturers of specialty silica have integrated operations. Several manufacturers have increased their production capacities, owing to the rise in demand for specialty silica.
- In March 2020, Evonik introduced its SPHERILEX silica wet chemistry technology. This recent process advancement will help the production of synthetic silica.
- In October 2019, Wacker started production of pyrogenic silica in the U.S. The capacity is expected to strengthen its position and help in meeting customers demand from North America.
- In December 2019, a joint venture between Evonik and Wynca - Evonik Wynca (Zhenjiang) Silicon Material Co., Ltd. started the construction on a new fumed silica plant in Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Province, China. The plant is scheduled to be operational by 2021 with an annual production capacity of 9 Kilo Tons.
- In August 2019, Evonik introduced newest silica technology SPHERILEX 148 for sensitive toothpaste formulations. The company also launched new specialty product, SPHERILEX 145, for the oral care industry.
- In June 2019, Evonik started new plant complex in Antwerp for production of fumed silica. The company has ample raw material to supply this site and cater to the rising demand of customers for fumed silica worldwide.
- In March 2019, Evonik expanded its precipitated silica products for cosmetic application which are sustainable alternative to microsplastics.
- The global specialty silica market is partially consolidated. Key players include
- Evonik Industries AG
- Cabot Corporation
- Wacker Chemie AG
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Tokuyama Corporation
- Akzo Nobel N.V
- Solvay S.A.
- W. R. Grace & Co.
Global Specialty Silica Market: Overview
TMR’s recent publication on the global specialty silica market provides audiences with an overall market outlook, with the help of comprehensive assessment of the global market scenario. TMR’s study on the global specialty silica market analyzes the market with respect to the historical and current market scenario and offers forecast for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Report readers are able to make important decisions pertaining to their business with a wealth of information and exclusive insights on the global specialty silica market enclosed in the study. The report on the global specialty silica market also provides in-depth understanding of key market trends and advancement made by companies. This TMR report is divided into different sections to allow readers to gain individual understanding of the global specialty silica market.
Key Queries Addressed in Report
- How much volume sales is expected to be generated in the global specialty silica market by the products during the forecast period?
- What are key growth indicators and market dynamics that are expected to drive the global specialty silica market in the next five years?
- Which regions are estimated to provide lucrative opportunities to the global specialty silica market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key players operating in the global specialty silica market in order to expand their geographical presence?
The first section of the TMR’s report on the global specialty silica market begins with a premise that includes report scope, market segmentation, and research highlights. This is followed by the executive summary that highlights aspects of the global specialty silica market covered in the study. This section provides brief understanding of market elements and enables readers to understand the aspects covered in the study. The report also includes market dynamics on specialty silica that offer understanding of market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The next section includes segmentation analysis of the global specialty silica market. This evaluation includes segmentation of the global specialty silica market based on end-use, product type and region. Furthermore, analysis of key segments, year-on-year growth projection, and basis point share analysis are included in the report. These help readers identify promising areas for growth of the market.
The TMR’s study on the global specialty silica market offers assessment of the geographical landscape of the market. The regional study helps market competitors make important decisions pertaining to their business. Individualized, region-wise, and segment-wise analysis helps readers decipher the growth potential for the market across various geographies. Supported by year-on-year growth projection and global market value and volume share, this section is a vital part of the specialty silica report.
The study on the global specialty silica market offers a holistic competitive value judgment, with details of leading as well as emerging market players. The dashboard view of competitors operating in the global specialty silica market allows readers to understand business strategies of these players along with their performance.
Global Specialty Silica Market: Research Methodology
The TMR’s report on the global specialty silica market is based on detailed estimation of the market, with the inclusion of comprehensive primary and secondary research inputs. Detailed investigation of the global specialty silica market, in terms of competition scenario, is supported by individual-level examination of different avenues related to the market. Furthermore, for secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the required understanding of the global specialty silica market. This helps TMR’s analysts derive crucial predictions and forecast of the global specialty silica market. Readers can access the study of the global specialty silica market to gain projected market analysis for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Global Specialty silica Market: Segmentation
Paints & Coatings
Food & Beverage
Personal Care & Cosmetics
Other (textile, paper, etc.)
Middle East & Africa