North America and Europe Hypochlorous Acid Market
North America and Europe Hypochlorous Acid Market (Application: Deodorizing, Oxidizing, Bleaching, Disinfecting, Sanitizing, and Others; and End Use: Water & Wastewater Treatment, Personal Care, Textile, Food & Agriculture, Cleaning & Sterilization, Laundry & Surface Cleaners, Swimming Pools, Pharmaceuticals, and Others) – Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Shorter Virus Kill Time of HOCl Offsets Synthetic Chemicals in Workplaces
Companies in the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe are increasing their marketing and sales capabilities to supply premium-quality products in countries of Asia Pacific. India, one of the rapidly advancing economies, has raised a demand for hypochlorous acid (HOCl) as a part of their Project India scheme, which involves making the Ganges river water pollution-free and safe for drinking. Lucrative opportunities in the U.K. are generating value-grab opportunities for manufacturers.
Manufacturers are increasing awareness that workplace owners in the U.K. need not purchase expensive synthetic and environment-damaging chemicals to disinfect their offices. The uptake of hypochlorous acid products has grown exponentially amidst the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, since synthetic chemicals typically require couple of minutes to kill viruses and other pathogens. HOCl is gaining increased popularity as this formulation immediately kills viruses on contact.
These factors are likely to drive the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe during the forecast period.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Hypochlorous Acid Products Witness High Demand to Contain Spread of COVID-19
Ongoing developments in the COVID-19 pandemic have created incremental opportunities for companies in the North America and Europe hypochlorous acid market. Since hypochlorous acid holds promising potentials as an effective disinfection agent, the unprecedented demand for sanitizing and disinfectant formulations has compelled manufacturers to increase their production capacities. Analysts of Transparency Market Research (TMR) opine that the surface-disinfectant industry is projected to exponentially grow in the upcoming months.
Hypochlorous acid is being highly publicized for its excellent biocidal properties and low toxicity levels compared to other disinfectant chemicals. California-based medtech company Innovacyn is also increasing its production output for hypochlorous acid products to help airports, hospitals, grocery stores, and other locations contain the spread of the novel coronavirus. On the other hand, manufacturers operating in the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe are focusing on hypochlorous wound-care gels meant for people, pets, and livestock.
Hypochlorous Acid Highly Preferred in Hand Sanitizers Due to Fewer Side Effects
Since hypochlorous acid is less irritating to the eyes as compared to bleach, manufacturers in the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe are increasing their production capabilities to develop disinfectants and surfactants. This is evident, as the market is projected to reach US$ 1.5 Bn by the end of 2030. Hypochlorous acid is increasingly replacing bleach, since long-term exposure toward bleach could be carcinogenic.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Apart from disinfectants, companies in the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe are increasing their focus on hand sanitizers. Since many people develop symptoms of hand dermatitis due to the overuse of hand sanitizers, hypochlorous acid is emerging as an attractive alternative to harmful chemicals in hand sanitizers. Hypochlorous acid also delivers greater efficiency in killing pathogens as compared to the alcohol in hand sanitizers.
pH Level Acts as Kryptonite in Hypochlorous Acid Products Causing Dissociation
Hypochlorous acid is an advantage for manufacturers in the development of hypochlorous wound-care gels and hand sanitizer products. However, the pH level of hypochlorous acid acts as a kryptonite and demands proper balance of HOCl concentration in products. Dissociation due to improper maintenance of pH range poses as a restraint for manufacturers in the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe. In order to avoid these issues, companies are increasing awareness to prevent hypochlorous acid products from exposure toward ultraviolet light, sunshine, and high temperatures.
Hypochlorous acid is playing a key role in the field of optometry. Avenova is one of the pioneer companies who have drawn innovations in eyelid and eyelash sprays for dry eye diseases. This explains why the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe is predicted for exponential growth, as dry eye diseases are common in western countries. As such, many other companies have joined the bandwagon to manufacture eyelid and eyelash sprays that do not need prescription.
Lucrative Opportunities for U.S. Manufacturers Due to FDA Approval in Medical Applications
Advantageous attributes of hypochlorous acid are playing an instrumental role in flower cultivation and dairy farming applications. As such, companies in the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe are establishing stable business models in disinfectant products. They are increasing their distribution channels to supply HOCl products to countries such as Japan and South Korea who use environment-friendly disinfectant for medical purposes. Market growth in the U.S. is much favorable, since the acid is FDA (Food & Drug Association)-approved for medical purposes such as for wound management, burns, and infections.
Since the coronavirus scare continues in the second half of the year, companies in the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe are increasing their availability of HOCl for use in portable shower booths. These booths are being increasingly used by COVID-19 swab test workers where hypochlorous acid helps to disinfect their clothing after long-period of working hours.
Environment-friendly Attributes of HOCl Boosting Credibility Credentials of Manufacturers
Electrochemical activation is acquiring increased popularity among companies in the North America and Europe hypochlorous acid market. As such, the demand for hypochlorous acid products is surging due to the worldwide wave of sustainability. Likewise, Toucan-eco-an environment-friendly cleaning solution is gaining global recognition and is being pervasively used in disinfection requirements.
Companies in the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe are targeting the revolutionary acid’s use to protect the marine environment as well as in water treatment applications. They are broadening their revenue streams by using HOCl to combat Legionella. Other applications such as fish processing, carpet cleaning, and salad packing are estimated to increase the uptake of hypochlorous acid products.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in North America and Europe Hypochlorous Acid Market, ask for a customized report
Companies in the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe are increasing the availability of electrolyzed water systems that help individuals kill the presence of COVID-19 infection in water. The market is slated to record a modest CAGR of 4% during the forecast period. This is evident since shorter shelf life of hypochlorous acid products is reducing its sales and inhibiting the growth of the market. Hence, companies should increase their R&D capabilities to develop formulations that extend the shelf life of HOCl products for which manufacturers are maintaining trade secrets and increasing expertise in order to gain competitive edge in the market landscape.
Hypochlorous Acid Market in North America and Europe: Overview
- Chlorine partially dissociates and forms hypochlorous acid (HOCl) and hypochlorite (ClO⁻). Hypochlorous acid and hypochlorite are powerful oxidant and disinfection agents. Hypochlorous acid is an unstable acid and exists in solution and salt forms. It is used as a bleaching agent and a disinfectant. Hypochlorous acid has 80 times to 100 times more powerful bactericidal effect than hypochlorite ion (OCL-).
- Hypochlorous acid is less toxic to mammals than other conventional disinfectants. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has rated it at the lowest level (Category IV) on acute toxicity scale.
- Hypochlorous acid is a powerful and oldest disinfectant. It kills pathogens rapidly and non-toxically with an unrivalled kill rate.
- Hypochlorous acid possesses infection fighting compounds and helps reduce acne inflammation and scars by offering protecting against environmental aggressors such as dirt and pollution
- Hypochlorous acid is a major inorganic bactericidal compound of innate immunity. It is effective against a wide range of microorganisms. Hence, hypochlorous acid is used as basis in the formulation of disinfectants and sanitizers.
- Rise in demand for disinfectants and sanitizers, owing to the current COVID-19 pandemic, is anticipated to drive the global hypochlorous acid market during the forecast period
- Hypochlorous acid is used in water treatment plants, as it has effective bactericidal, high microbicidal, and disinfectant properties that destroy any disease-causing bacteria, viruses, and parasites. It also helps maintain residual concentrations to guard against possible biological contamination in the water distribution system.
Rise in Demand for Sanitization Products and Disinfectants to Drive Hypochlorous Acid Market
- The hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe has been segmented based on application and end use. Based on application, the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe has been divided into deodorizing, oxidizing, bleaching, disinfecting, sanitizing, and others. In terms of value, the oxidizing segment held major share of the hypochlorous acid in 2019. However, the disinfecting segment is anticipated to expand at a faster pace than any other segment during the forecast period.
- In terms of end use, the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe has been segregated into water & wastewater treatment, personal care, textile, food & agriculture, cleaning & sterilization, laundry & surface cleaners, swimming pools, pharmaceuticals, and others. In terms of value and volume, the water & wastewater treatment segment constituted significant share of the hypochlorous acid market in Europe and North America in 2019.
- Expansion of the disinfectant industry in North America and Europe is likely to drive the demand for hypochlorous acid. Rise in the number of water & wastewater treatment plants across Europe, owing to the increase in demand for clean and safe water for domestic, as well as industrial usage is boosting the demand for hypochlorous acid in water & wastewater treatment plants in the region.
Key Regional Highlights
- North America held a higher share of the hypochlorous acid than Europe in 2019. This trend is estimated to continue during the forecast period. It is projected to create lucrative opportunities for the hypochlorous acid market in the near future. Increase in demand for potable water is also fueling the demand for hypochlorous acid in North America, as it is a more efficient disinfectant in the chlorine family.
- The U.S. accounted for a key share of the market in North America in 2019. Demand for hypochlorous acid in Canada is projected to rise at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
- Increase in awareness about the harmful effects of synthetic fertilizers and benefits of sustainable farming processes is also a key factor driving the hypochlorous acid market in North America
Hypochlorous Acid Market in North America and Europe: Competition Landscape
- The hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe was dominated by major hypochlorous acid manufacturers in 2019. Key players operating in the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe include
- ACURO ORGANICS LIMITED
- NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Aqualution Systems Ltd.
- Fujairah chemical
- Ultrapure HOCL (Pty) Ltd
- Briotech Inc.
- iHr Produktions- und Vertriebs GmbH & Co. KG
- Ennore India Chemicals
- Vizag Chemicals Private Limited.
Hypochlorous Acid Market in North America and Europe – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe provides readers with an assessment of the landscape of the market with the help of a comprehensive outlook. This study on the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe analyzes the market for the period from 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year. The report enables readers to make important decisions regarding their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides understanding of drivers, restrains, opportunities, and market trends.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and the impact of various factors that are driving the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe, along with their influence on growth of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis and value chain analysis of the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe in order to elaborate on crucial growth strategies of players operating in the regional market.
Key Questions Answered in Report on Hypochlorous Acid Market in North America and Europe
- How much revenue is the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the hypochlorous acid market?
- What are the factors anticipated to drive the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe during the forecast period?
- Which region is likely to be a highly lucrative for hypochlorous acid during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key stakeholders of the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe?
This report answers these questions about the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for expansion of their business.
Hypochlorous Acid Market in North America and Europe: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe by using both bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe, along with an overview of the market has been provided on the basis of a careful examination of growth opportunities. Analysts’ conclusions on how the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe is set to expand based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Hypochlorous Acid Market in North America and Europe – Segmentation
This report on the hypochlorous acid market in North America and Europe segments the market based on application, end use, and region.