NICU Catheters Market
NICU Catheters Market (Type: Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters [PICCs], Central Venous Catheters [CVCs], Umbilical Venous Catheters [UVCs], and Others; and End User: Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Neonatal Coronavirus Infection Management Gains Prominence in Healthcare Facilities
Since the COVID-19 pandemic is becoming widespread in countries such as India, Canada, Brazil, and Pakistan, emphasis on neonatal coronavirus infection management is growing. Companies in the NICU catheters market are capitalizing on this opportunity to keep steady and robust supply of products. Since infants are at a high risk of contracting the novel infection, the importance of neonatal coronavirus infection management is surging in healthcare facilities.
India has recently witnessed cases of COVID-19 infection in pregnant mothers and infants. Such trends are increasing revenue flow in the India NICU catheters market. Since the novel infection is capable of causing clinical conditions ranging from asymptomatic viral shedding to mild illness resembling the common cold in infants, there is a need for neonatal coronavirus infection management.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the NICU Catheters Market
Robust Hygiene Routines Help Prevent CoNS Sepsis Caused by Contaminated Catheters
The global NICU catheters market is expected to cross US$ 650 Mn by 2031. However, the association between infection and intravascular catheters is raising concerns for med-tech companies, thus affecting market growth. These catheters involve peripherally inserted central lines, umbilical lines, and central vascular catheters. Hence, med-tech companies are increasing awareness about implementing care bundles focused on improving the hygiene routines concerning the intravenous lines.
It has been found that a considerable amount of coagulase-negative staphylococci (CoNS) sepsis cases are a result of contaminated catheter. This has led to increased awareness about improving hygiene routines pertaining to intravenous lines.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Cutting-edge UVCs Reduce Need of Painful Venipunctures in Infants
Manufacturers in the NICU catheters market are increasing their production capabilities in umbilical venous catheters (UVCs) and replogle & suction catheters. Cardinal Health, Inc. - a U.S. multinational healthcare services company, is gaining recognition for its comprehensive portfolio in neonatal products, including peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC) and umbilical vessel catheters. Manufacturers are increasing the availability of UVCs that reduce the need for painful venipunctures and provide double or triple the access of a single lumen catheter.
Companies in the NICU catheters market are innovating in replogle catheters made with clear dual-lumen tube. They are avoiding the use of DEHP & natural rubber latex and instead using PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) in replogle catheters. The vent lumen in these cutting-edge catheters is designed to reduce adherence to the mucosal wall.
Innovative Diapers, New PICC Designs Improving Medical Outcomes
Supplementary factors such as innovations in diapers are contributing to the growth of the NICU catheters market. The new Pampers Preemie Swaddlers diapers help to minimize interruption during sleep, owing to discomfort created by inserting catheters, nasal CPAP or heel pricks. Such diapers are improving clinical numbers, building the credibility of healthcare facilities, and help to support healthy development of babies.
Manufacturers in the NICU catheters market are boosting their output capacities in neonatal peripherally inserted central catheters. PICCs are being increasingly used to administer fluids for hydration, parenteral nutrition, and other common intravenous medications.
Wireless Biosensors Avoid Blood Clots Due to Use of Catheters
Wireless monitors are storming the NICU catheters market. Since parents may feel helpless and undergo anxiety when their babies are kept in NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), wireless monitors in the form of biosensors help to improve infant quality of life. Wired monitoring has the possibility of creating blood clots and blood vessel blockage. These wires also interfere with feeding and cleaning. Hence, companies are benefitting with the introduction of wireless biosensors.
The precise monitoring of NICU patients is essential, but is potentially invasive, especially in the case of specialized catheters inserted into a patient’s tiny veins. Thus, stakeholders in the NICU catheters market are benefitting from the introduction of wireless biosensors that are demonstrating clinical advantages.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on NICU Catheters Market
The virtual connectivity is significantly changing the care delivery model in intensive care units during the COVID-19 pandemic for infants in India, China, and more likely, in the first world countries. The NICU catheters market is anticipated to register a modest CAGR of 4.5% during the assessment period. This is evident since thromboembolism is a major concern with the use of umbilical arterial catheters. Hence, companies should increase awareness about guidelines standardizing the use of umbilical catheters in neonates. Supplementary innovations such as diapers that support infant development and wireless biosensors in NICU are increasing medical outcomes. PICCs are being made using the polyurethane material, which helps to deliver maximum strength and flow rates.
NICU Catheters Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global NICU catheters market for the historical year of 2017 and forecast period of 2021–2031, rise in prevalence of premature deliveries and maternal mortality is projected to drive the global NICU catheters market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global NICU catheters market was valued at US$ 400 Mn in 2020 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2021 to 2031
High Catheter-related Bloodstream Infections and High Cost of NICU Catheters to Hamper Market
- According to the Korean Journal of Pediatric, central venous catheters (CVCs) are widely used in neonatal intensive care units (NICUs)
- Very-low-birthweight infants (VLBW) are vulnerable to infections due to their immature immune systems, frequent contact with hospital personnel, and invasive procedures. The rates of catheter-related bloodstream infection (CRBSI) range from 6.4 to 8.3 episodes per 1,000 patient days in the NICU.
- Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci are the most common bacterial infections. Fibrinogen and fibronectin are dominant plasma mediators in staphylococcal adherence and deposited on inserted catheter.
- Specific infection control measures for neonates largely center on unit-based strategies in the intensive care units providing care to patients of varying ages and weights, and at varying stages of immune system development
- These factors lead to catheter-related bloodstream infections, which hamper the growth of the NICU catheters market
- The cost of a NICU catheter system can vary significantly, as capabilities and data fidelity can vary
- According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, the U.S. National Library of Medicine, on average, the cost of NICU care was higher by US$ 16,800 for every infant who experienced NICU-associated bloodstream infection
- According to the National Library of Medicine, the total cost for catheter tip culturing during the study period was US$ 5,020.44
- Hence, rise in cost of NICU admission, treatment, and usage of the other equipment, including the catheter, are likely to hamper the market
NICU Catheters Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global NICU catheters market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- Leading players operating in the global NICU catheters market are
- Dickinson and Company
- Smiths Medical
- ICU Medical, Inc.
- Vygon SA
- Footprint Medical Incorporated
- Utah Medical Products, Inc.
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Argon Medical Devices, Inc.
- NeoMedical, Inc.
- Marian Medical, Inc.
- Angiplast Pvt. Ltd.
- Vigmed AB (Greiner Bio-One International GmbH)
- Bactiguard AB
- Advin Health Care
- Sterimed Group
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
NICU Catheters Market: Key Developments
- Key players in the global NICU catheters market are engaged in regulatory approvals, development of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global NICU catheters market over the next few years. Few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global NICU catheters market include:
- In January 2021, Vigmed AB launched a new online training portal for CLiP and SWiTCH automatic safety IV and arterial catheters. The platform provides easily accessible training modules for healthcare professionals working with its IV and arterial catheters. There are specially designed product training programs for each of the products – CLiP Neo, CLiP Winged, CLiP Ported, and SWiTCH.
- In December 2020, Bactiguard AB entered into a new partnership with Libera Medica S.L for Spain. The collaboration is based on an exclusive distribution agreement for Bactiguard’s portfolio.
- In September 2020, Vygon signed a distribution contract with Vascular Graft Solutions (VGS), an Israel-based company developing solutions for vascular and cardiac surgery. This agreement enabled Vygon to expand product offerings in its cardiovascular & surgery range.
- In May 2020, Smiths Medical acquired the business of Access Scientific, LLC. Access Scientific is a broad-spectrum vascular access and infection prevention company that manufactures the Powerwand midline and extended dwell catheters. The range of Powerwand products extends Smiths Medical’s vascular access product portfolio enables greater clinician choice to treat patients.
- In November 2019, ICU Medical, Inc. entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Pursuit Vascular, Inc. for US$ 75 Mn with an additional earn out payment potentially due in 2021. Pursuit Vascular is a privately held medical device company with primary focus on innovative catheter disinfecting products and technologies to reduce costly bloodstream infections and lower healthcare costs.
- The report on the global NICU catheters market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of NICU catheters. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global NICU catheters market.
NICU Catheters Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global NICU catheters market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides revenue of the global NICU catheters market for the period 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global NICU catheters market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global NICU catheters market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global NICU catheters market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global NICU catheters market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global NICU catheters market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global NICU catheters market. Key players operating in the global NICU catheters market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global NICU catheters market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in NICU Catheters Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of companies present in the global NICU catheters market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global NICU catheters market between 2021 and 2031?
- Will Asia Pacific continue to be the most profitable market for NICU catheters?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global NICU catheters market during the forecast period?
- Which are the key companies in the global NICU catheters market?
TMR has utilized a unique research methodology to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global NICU catheters market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global NICU catheters market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the NICU catheters market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the NICU catheters market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global NICU catheters market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global NICU catheters market more reliably and accurately.
NICU Catheters Market – Segmentation