Nasopharyngeal Cancer: Introduction
- Nasopharyngeal cancer is a rare form of malignant cancer that occurs in the nasopharynx. The nasopharynx is the upper part of the pharynx (throat) behind the nose. Nasopharynx is located at the base of the skull, above the roof of the mouth. It is the opening for nostrils.
- Nasopharyngeal cancer commonly starts in the squamous cells that line the nasopharynx. The exact causes of nasopharyngeal cancer are not known; however, a few risk factors are associated nasopharyngeal cancer. Exposure to the Epstein-Barr virus is considered a common risk factor of nasopharyngeal cancer. People with Chinese or East Asian ancestry are also found to be more prone to the cancer.
- Initial symptoms of nasopharyngeal cancer include lump in the nose or neck, sore throat, difficulty in breathing or speaking, nosebleed, difficulty in hearing, pain or ringing in the ear, and/or headaches
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Nasopharyngeal Cancer Treatment Market
- Cancer is the second-leading cause of death globally after cardiovascular diseases. Proportion of deaths caused by cancer globally increased from 12% in 1990 to 15% in 2013. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer accounts for 8.3 million deaths every year.
- Africa, Asia, and Central and South America account for more than 60% of the new cancer cases in the world. Furthermore, 70% of deaths caused by cancer globally take place in these regions. Increase in prevalence of cancers is anticipated to drive the demand for nasopharyngeal cancer treatment during the forecast period.
- High price of therapeutic procedures, such as surgeries, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy, results in out-of-pocket expenditure among non-insured cancer patients. High price of drugs adds to the overarching financial burden of the treatment. This can act as a barrier for the global nasopharyngeal cancer treatment market.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Chemotherapy Treatment Type Segment to Lead Global Nasopharyngeal Cancer Treatment Market
- The global nasopharyngeal cancer treatment market can be segmented based on treatment type, end-user, and region
- In terms of treatment type, the global nasopharyngeal cancer treatment market can be divided into radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and surgery. The radiation therapy segment can be further bifurcated into external radiation therapy and internal radiation therapy. External radiation therapy includes intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and stereotactic radiation therapy, while internal radiation therapy uses a radioactive substance sealed in needles, seeds, wires, or catheters that are placed directly into or near the cancer.
- Based on end-user, the global nasopharyngeal cancer treatment market can be divided into hospitals, clinics, and cancer treatment & rehabilitation centers
Asia Pacific to be Lucrative Region of Market
- In terms of region, the global nasopharyngeal cancer treatment market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Prevalence of diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, and neurological disorders, has increased in Asia Pacific due to rise in geriatric population and changing lifestyles in developing economies in the region. These factors are anticipated to drive the demand for better diagnosis and prevention of cancer in the near future. In turn, this is likely to offer lucrative opportunities to companies operating in the nasopharyngeal cancer treatment market in the next few years. People of East Asian ethnicity are found to be more susceptible to nasopharyngeal cancer. This is a key factor driving the nasopharyngeal cancer treatment market in Asia.
Key Players Operating in Global Nasopharyngeal Cancer Treatment Market
Leading players operating in the global nasopharyngeal cancer treatment market are:
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Sanofi S.A.
- Celgene Corporation
- Merck & Co., Inc.
Global Nasopharyngeal Cancer Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Nasopharyngeal Cancer Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Radiation Therapy
- External Radiation Therapy
- Internal Radiation Therapy
Global Nasopharyngeal Cancer Treatment Market, by End-user
- Cancer Treatment & Rehabilitation Centers
Global Nasopharyngeal Cancer Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.