COVID-19 Impact on Global Nanopesticides Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has led to disturbance in the supply chain due to the global lockdown in several countries. Also, the spread of coronavirus caused a fall in demand for chemical intermediates due to uncertainty in the global economy and capital markets. Therefore, various major chemical-producing & consuming countries observed significant variation in demand for nanopesticides for applications such as production, protection, packaging, and harvesting.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Nanopesticides Market
- Rise in food wastes and loss generated during the various stages of the supply chain process is boosting the demand for nanopesticides among crop producers and suppliers
- According to the FAO, food losses and waste amount to roughly US$ 680 Bn in industrialized countries and US$ 310 Bn in developing countries. Based on quantity, industrialized and developing countries dissipate roughly the same quantities of food, i.e. 670 and 630 million tons, respectively. The statistics describes the growing concern for food wastes, the impact of which is observed on the environment, society, and livelihoods of people.
- Consumption of fresh foods and vegetables has been rising around the globe. The demand also suffices the need for seasoned and unseasoned products to be made available around the globe throughout the year. Agro-economic countries are focusing on exporting fresh fruits and vegetables to mitigate the demand gap. This is driving the demand for nanopesticides in packaging of these fresh foods to minimize loss in the supply chain and maintain the freshness in products. However, concerns about food safety, ban on pesticides, and restrictions in utilization of pesticides in many economies are likely to hamper the global nanopesticides market.
Nanopesticides Market: Type Segment
- Based on type, the nanopesticides market can be divided into fungicides, insecticides, herbicides, and others. Of these, the insecticides segment dominates the nanopesticides market. The segment is likely to maintain its dominance in the global nanopesticides market over the forecast period. Rise in demand for crop protection chemicals with lower environmental footprint and controlled release characteristics is primarily driving the demand for nanopesticides.
Nanopesticides Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the nanopesticides market can be classified into production, protection, packaging, harvesting, and others
- The protection segment dominates the nanopesticides market
- Demand for nanopesticides is rising at a rapid pace in the agriculture industry owing to their better pest control properties vis-à-vis traditional pesticides. Furthermore, the popularity of pesticides with encapsulation is increasing among other end-user applications such as food processing, preservation, and packaging.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global Nanopesticides Market
- In terms of region, the nanopesticides market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold the major share of the global market owing to the extensive use of pesticides in agricultural products in the region. The region is known for being the largest producer of many food and cash crops. For instance, China and India are known for being the largest producers of cotton. Higher demand for food grains, limited availability of arable land, rise in export, and growth in horticulture and floriculture are some of the factors boosting the demand for nanopesticides among producers in Asia Pacific.
Key Manufacturers in Global Nanopesticides Market
The nanopesticides market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the nanopesticides market include:
- Marrone Bio Innovations
- Valent Biosciences
- Andermatt Biocontrol
- Camson Bio Technologies
Nanopesticides Market: Research Scope
Nanopesticides Market, by Type
Nanopesticides Market, by Application
Nanopesticides Market, by Utility
- Food Crop
- Industrial Crop
Nanopesticides Market, by Target Organism
Nanopesticides Market, by End-user
- Pest Control Agents
Global Nanopesticides Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Nanopesticides Market: Introduction
- Nanopesticides are microencapsulated pesticides. Encapsulation technology is growing in popularity among crop protection chemical manufacturers as well as end-users owing to multiple benefits offered by it.
- Encapsulation of active ingredients in pesticides helps protect them from surrounding environment, thus keeping its pesticidal properties intact. Encapsulation not only helps protect pesticides, but also facilitates the release of pesticides in controlled manner, while improving their efficacy.
- Nanopesticides also help reduce the environmental impact
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.