Myasthenia Gravis Market
Myasthenia Gravis Market (Treatment- Drug Treatment (Cholinesterase Inhibitors, Monoclonal Antibodies, and Chronic Immunomodulators) and Rapid Immunotherapies (Plasmapheresis, Intravenous Immunoglobulin (IVlg), and Thymectomy)) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global myasthenia gravis market for the historical period 2018–2019 and forecast period 2020–2030, high prevalence of autoimmune diseases and strong focus on introducing new therapies is augmenting the growth of global myasthenia gravis market. Moreover, improving healthcare infrastructure is likely boost the growth of global myasthenia gravis market during the forecast period.
- According to the report, the global myasthenia gravis market was valued at US$ 1.2 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 8.0% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Myasthenia Gravis Market
Rise in Focus on Research & Development and Increase in Prevalence of Autoimmune Disorder: Key Drivers of Global Myasthenia Gravis Market
- Autoimmune disorder is a condition of immune system in which the body's immune system attacks healthy cells. It is most common in the older men (over 60) and young adult women (under 40). Hence, increase in geriatric population is a key factor likely boost the growth of market. For instance, according to Cancer Facts & Figures 2019, estimated number of older adults age 85 years and above was 6.4 million in 2016 and it is expected to reach 19.0 million by 2060
- Myasthenia gravis (MG) is an autoimmune neuromuscular disorder that affects voluntary muscles. According to the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America, around 20 in 100,000 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with myasthenia gravis each year
- Myasthenia gravis is a rare disease without a definite cure, however it can be treated with medications, surgeries, and other therapies alone or in combination. This is augmenting the demand for new therapies and medications, which is driving key players operating in the market to invest in the research and development and develop new therapies. For instance, Rozanolixizumab (UCB7665) is a humanized anti-human neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn) monoclonal antibody designed to reduce the levels of pathogenic IgG in autoimmune diseases. It is in clinical trial phase for reducing the levels of pathogenic IgG in autoimmune diseases and myasthenia gravis. Strong pipeline and introduction of new therapies are the factors likely boost the growth of myasthenia gravis market
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Increase in Healthcare Infrastructure Propel Global Myasthenia Gravis Market Growth
- Increase in health care expenditure coupled with rise in global per capita income is anticipated to drive demand for costly treatments such as plasma exchange and intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) therapies
- Moreover, governments in developing countries are making significant investments toward modernization of health care infrastructure, which is likely to increase access to health care. This is expected to increase in the demand for advance technologies, therapies and treatments. This is leading to create opportunities in the monoclonal antibodies and IVIG treatments in the myasthenia gravis market in the near future
Expensive Treatment Options to Hamper Global Myasthenia Gravis Market
- Discovery and development of new therapeutics incurs high cost and takes longer time for commercialization. The never approved therapies with IVIG and monoclonal antibodies are expensive treatment options. The cost of plasma collection and manufacturing processes for IVIG products is high as compared to the materials and processes used in the manufacture of traditional pharmaceutical products. Moreover, being a blood derived component, highly sophisticated collection, purification, and storage methods are required for intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) products.
- Plasmapheresis and thymectomy are costly in comparison to symptomatic drug therapy which additionally need hospitalization. Cost is major factor that influence the selection of treatment which is anticipated to hamper the growth of global myasthenia gravis treatment market.
Chronic Side Effects: Restrain of Global Myasthenia Gravis Market
- Side effects associated with intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) preparations could present serious health problems in some patients. Some of the side effects associated with intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) are flushing, muscle cramps, chills, fever, nausea, vomiting, back/joint pain, chest pain, sudden cough, wheezing, or shortness of breath.
- These side effects can sometimes force a patient to discontinue the therapy which are leading to restrain the global myasthenia gravis market.
Global Myasthenia Gravis Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global myasthenia gravis market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global myasthenia gravis market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global myasthenia gravis market are
- Alexion Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Avadel Pharmaceuticals, PLC. (Flamel Technologies)
- CSL Behring
- Grifols, S.A.
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Shire plc
- Novartis AG
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Myasthenia Gravis Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global myasthenia gravis market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global myasthenia gravis market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global myasthenia gravis market are:
- In October 2019, Ra Pharmaceuticals Inc. and UCB entered into merger agreement in which UCB acquired Ra Pharma to enhanced the treatment option for the people living with myasthenia gravis and other rare diseases
- In January 2018, Alexion’s Soliris launched with new myasthenia gravis indication
- in October 2017, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. received the FDA approval for use of Solaris in the treatment of generalized myasthenia gravis
The report on the global myasthenia gravis market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of myasthenia gravis. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global myasthenia gravis market.
TMR’s report on the global myasthenia gravis market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global myasthenia gravis market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global myasthenia gravis market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global myasthenia gravis market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global myasthenia gravis market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global myasthenia gravis market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global myasthenia gravis market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global myasthenia gravis market. Key players operating in the global myasthenia gravis market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global myasthenia gravis market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Myasthenia Gravis Market Report
- What is the scope of growth for product companies in the global myasthenia gravis market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global myasthenia gravis market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global myasthenia gravis market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for myasthenia gravis providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global myasthenia gravis market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global myasthenia gravis market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global myasthenia gravis market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global myasthenia gravis market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the myasthenia gravis market as primary methods.
These primary research respondents have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the myasthenia gravis market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global myasthenia gravis market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global myasthenia gravis more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Myasthenia Gravis Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Myasthenia Gravis Market - Segmentation