Monopolar Electrosurgery Market
Monopolar Electrosurgery Market (Product Type - Hand Instruments (Electrosurgical Pencils, Monopolar Forceps, and Monopolar Electrodes), Electrosurgical Generator, Return Electrode (Single Use and Re-usable), Accessories (Footswitches and Connectors); Application - General Surgery, Gynecology Surgery, Cardiovascular Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, and Urology Surgery; End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Specialty Clinics) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global monopolar electrosurgery market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, Rise in demand for cost-effective monopolar electrosurgery devices, especially in emerging countries such as China, India, and Brazil, owing to surge in number of laparoscopic surgeries being performed across the world is projected to drive the global monopolar electrosurgery market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global monopolar electrosurgery market was valued at US$ 1.72 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 3.9% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Monopolar Electrosurgery Market
Rise in government initiatives to increase access to elective surgery: Key Drivers
- Elective surgery is defined as a surgery subject to choice of a patient and does not involve medical emergency. Governments across the world have been actively supporting elective surgeries and investing for granting easy access to patients opting for these surgeries.
- Rise in incidence of chronic diseases and increase in number of people undergoing surgeries are exerting financial and technological pressure on health care systems across the world, which is augmented by lack of hospital beds and other resources.
- Hence, regional governments are undertaking initiatives such as funding and grants to various hospitals and organizations to improve access to elective surgeries to reduce waiting times and indirect healthcare costs associated with medical emergencies.
- In 2013–2014, the Victorian Government introduced contestable funding initiative (US$ 420 Mn) over a period of four years to improve access to elective surgery in Australia
- This is expected to drive demand for monopolar electrosurgery devices during the forecast period
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Increase in Number of Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures Performed Each Year Boost Market Growth
- Electrosurgical devices have been widely used for minimal invasive surgeries in the field of gynecology, cosmetology, open surgery, laparoscopic procedures, and flexible endoscopic procedures.
- Minimally invasive surgery has been one of the most preferred methods of treatment in the past few years among health care providers across the world
- A study conducted at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Maryland, U.S. revealed that urban hospitals were performing laparoscopic appendectomies four times more than rural hospitals, and were likely performing 15 times more minimally invasive hysterectomies than rural hospitals.
- According to the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), the percentage of minimally invasive hysterectomy procedures performed in the U.S., has increased from an estimated 14% in 2004 to 53% in 2013
- Introduction of robotic assisted surgery has also driven the number of laparoscopic surgeries performed for indications such as prostatectomy, colorectal cancer surgery, hernia repair, and plastic surgery
- According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, an estimated 20 million surgical procedures were performed across the world in 2014, and 52% of these were minimally invasive surgeries
- Increase in the number of laparoscopic surgeries performed each year is expected to drive demand and subsequent consumption of monopolar electrosurgery devices in the global market. This is in turn expected to propel the global monopolar electrosurgery devices market during the forecast period.
Rise in Preference for Advanced Ultrasonic Devices for Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures to Hamper Market
- Electrosurgery devices based on radiofrequency energy have witnessed constant innovation not only in terms of new devices, but also in terms of advances in technologies and newer forms of energies used to cut and coagulate tissues during laparoscopic procedures
- Ultrasonic energy devices were first launched in 2000 and attracted the attention of health care providers, and gained rapid adoption owing to significant benefits over monopolar and bipolar energy devices in laparoscopic procedures
- Ethicon, Inc., Covidien, and Olympus have introduced iconic and blockbuster brands including the HARMONIC, THUNDERBEAT, and Sonicision. This has increased demand for laparoscopic surgeries across the world.
- According to Olympus Corporation, the THUNDERBEAT platform registered an estimated 36% revenue growth in the U.S. from 2012 to 2015, and the hand-held instruments registered a 78% volume growth (unit sales) in the country.
- Rise in preference for ultrasonic devices in laparoscopic procedures is expected to hamper the growth of the global monopolar electrosurgery devices market
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Monopolar Electrosurgery market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global monopolar electrosurgery market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global monopolar electrosurgery market is consolidated, with major share captured by two major players in 2016
- Leading players operating in the global monopolar electrosurgery market are
- CONMED Corporation
- BOVIE MEDICAL
- Ethicon, Inc.
- Olympus Corporation
- BOWA-electronic GmbH & Co. KG
- Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH
- AG (B. Braun Melsungen AG),
- Meyer-Haake GmbH,
Global Monopolar Electrosurgery market: Key Developments
Key players in the global monopolar electrosurgery market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global monopolar electrosurgery market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global monopolar electrosurgery market are:
- In October 2019, Apyx Medical announced that FDA has granted 510(k) approval for the Apyx Plasma/RF Handpiece. It is a single use, sterile electrosurgical device indicated for use in combination with compatible generators for the percutaneous delivery of helium plasma or radiofrequency energy for coagulation, cutting, and ablation of soft tissue.
- In September 2019, Ethicon launched New Megadyne Mega Soft Reusable patient return electrode. This electrode eliminate the need for skin preparation. The electrode can be used for any size patient in a wide variety of electrosurgical procedures
- In April 2017, BOVIE MEDICAL announced the U.S. FDA approval for its line of J-Plasma generators and hand-instruments incorporating the patented Cool-Coag technology in the U.S
- In January 2017, Ethicon, Inc. announced the acquisition of Megadyne Medical Products, Inc., a private company in the U.S. that develops and offers electrosurgical products in the minimally invasive therapies market.
- In August 2016, the U.S. FDA finalized two guidance's, Premarket Notification (510(k)) Submissions for Electrosurgical Devices for General Surgery and Premarket Notification (510(k)) Submissions for Bipolar Electrosurgical Vessel Sealers for General Surgery, for makers of electrosurgery devices.
The report on the global monopolar electrosurgery market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of monopolar electrosurgery products. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global monopolar electrosurgery market.
TMR’s report on the global monopolar electrosurgery market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global monopolar electrosurgery market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global monopolar electrosurgery market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global monopolar electrosurgery market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global monopolar electrosurgery market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global monopolar electrosurgery market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global monopolar electrosurgery market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global monopolar electrosurgery market. Key players operating in the global monopolar electrosurgery market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global monopolar electrosurgery market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Monopolar Electrosurgery Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global monopolar electrosurgery market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global monopolar electrosurgery market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global monopolar electrosurgery market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for monopolar electrosurgery devices providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global monopolar electrosurgery market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global monopolar electrosurgery market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global monopolar electrosurgery market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global monopolar electrosurgery market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the monopolar electrosurgery market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the monopolar electrosurgery market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global monopolar electrosurgery market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global monopolar electrosurgery market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Monopolar Electrosurgery Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Monopolar Electrosurgery Market – Segmentation
Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Middle East & Africa