Medical Shoe Covers: Introduction
- Medical shoe covers are used by healthcare workers to protect themselves against contamination during various medical procedures
- The shoe cover generally includes a durable material that covers the top, sides, and partial sole of the shoe. A toe hold is utilized to hold the cover in place at the toe of the shoes. Additionally, an adaptable retention method is utilized near the rear instep or heel of the shoe to prevent slipping of the cover and to hold the cover onto the shoe during movement or normal activity by the wearer.
Key Drivers of Global Medical Shoe Covers Market
- The global medical shoe covers market is driven by a rise in the number of surgical procedures, awareness regarding hospital acquired infections, and rise in incidence of infectious diseases worldwide
- Rise in incidence of diseases worldwide is fueling the disposable hospital supplies market. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), prevalence of chronic disease is expected to increase by 57% by 2020. Moreover, the global pandemic is also on the rise. These factors are driving the demand for disposable hospital supplies.
- The medical shoe covers market is also driven by a rise in awareness about hospital acquired infections. For instance, as per a report published by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), 1 out of 18 patients in hospitals in Europe suffers from hospital-acquired infection (HAI). Moreover, on an average, around 3.2 million patients per year suffer from HAIs. Such instances are driving the use of medical shoe covers.
- However, stringent government regulations and lack of proper reimbursement for medical shoe covers are likely to hamper the market during the forecast period
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Medical Shoe Covers Market
Polypropylene (PP) segment to dominate global market
- In terms of material, the global medical shoe covers market can be divided into Polyethylene (PE), Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Polypropylene (PP), Nylon, and others
- The polypropylene (PP) segment accounted for a prominent share of the market in 2019, as PP is considered to be highly versatile and durable. Furthermore, it is a lightweight, washable fabric that is easy to use and can be reused.
Hospitals to be highly lucrative segment
- Based on end-user, the global medical shoe covers market can be categorized into hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and others
- The hospitals segment is anticipated to account for a major share of the market in the next few years due to a rise in the demand for surgical procedures in hospitals and an increase in hospital admissions owing to a rise in the number of infectious diseases
North America to offer significant opportunities in medical shoe covers market
- In terms of region, the global medical shoe cover market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for a notable share of the global market in 2019 owing to favorable healthcare infrastructure, high per capita income, and high rate of adoption of advanced medical equipment in the region
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in Global Medical Shoe Covers Market
The global medical shoe covers market is fragmented, with the presence of large number of international and local players. Key players operating in the global medical shoe covers market are:
- Kimberly Clark
- Demophorius Healthcare
- Sara Healthcare
- Alpha Pro Tech
- Cardinal Health
Global Medical Shoe Covers Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Shoe Covers Market, by Material
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polypropylene (PP)
Global Medical Shoe Covers Market, by End-user
- Nursing Home
Global Medical Shoe Covers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.