Low Intensity Sweeteners Market
Low Intensity Sweeteners Market (Product: Tagatose, Xylitol, Trehalose, Isomaltulose, Allulose, Others; Application: Beverages, Confectioneries, Pharmaceuticals, Dairy Products, Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2029
- Food & Beverages
- 200 Pages
Allulose Serves as Efficient Low Intensity Sweetener for Beverage Applications
The trend of natural sweeteners is resonating with consumers in the low intensity sweeteners market. Beverage makers are manufacturing drinks that contain low-to-no sugar content. Likewise, allulose is one of the low intensity sweeteners amongst fructose, tagatose, and erythritol, which serves as an efficient sweetening solution for beverage manufacturers.
Sweetening combinations of allulose, erythritol, stevia, and monk fruit are becoming more popular amongst beverage manufacturers. Although allulose is classified as an added sugar, it is projected that the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) will soon take it out from the added sugars category and claim it on the list of the nutritional panel, similar to alcohol sugars. Allulose is also replacing sugar alcohol erythritol in several beverage applications to establish calorie reduction in the low intensity sweeteners market.
The growth of consumerism has given rise to the demand for clean-label sweeteners. Market players are devising more reliable and cost-effective sweetening systems to replace sucrose in the supply chain. For instance, in April 2019, Ingredion — a leading global provider operating in the low intensity sweeteners market, announced the launch of ASTRAEA® Allulose, a low intensity sweetener that offers similar taste profile and functionality to sucrose, with reduced calorie content.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Low-Intensity Sweeteners Market
Dental Health and Pharmaceuticals: Winning Imperatives for Xylitol
Xylitol is claimed to lower the risks of dental caries in consumers aged three to 80 years. These attributes are helping manufacturers operating in the low intensity sweeteners market develop sugar-free products in various beverages, dairy products, confectionaries, and bakery products, as well as dietary supplements.
The low intensity sweeteners market is expected to reach a valuation of ~US$ 3.1 billion by the year 2029, and currently, xylitol accounts for the highest market value with a share of ~29%. This is why market players are increasing the production of xylitol from naturally-occurring wood, which has half the calories as compared to regular sugar, and supports dental health.
Due to growing awareness about the health issues related to sugar, stakeholders in the confectionary industry are using xylitol as a low intensity sweetener to add freshness to fruit flavors and efficaciously mask any bitter taste. Manufacturers are using xylitol for pharmaceutical and nutritional applications, such as in tablets, injectable treatments, and parenteral nutrition.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Market Players Invest in Yeast Reactors for High Yield of Tagatose
Tagatose serves as an ideal low intensity sweetener alternative that has similar taste and texture to sucrose. It also helps lower the risks of increased blood glucose levels and has fewer calories as compared to sucrose. However, efficient and cost-effective production of tagatose is one of the major roadblocks for manufacturers in the low intensity sweeteners market.
Tagatose has a high manufacturing cost that hinders its growth for expansion in several commercial applications. Although it is naturally found in fruits and dairy products, these concentrations are too low to extract it effectively. Also, traditional manufacturing methods isolate only less than half of the tagatose from galactose, and involves a multi-step enzymatic procedure. Thus, manufacturers are increasingly investing in yeast reactors that serve as a modern method for the mass production of tagatose. Research and development efforts are being made to develop a special type of yeast that produces tagatose from lactose with the help of genetic engineering.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Low-Intensity Sweeteners Market
The low intensity sweeteners market is set for exponential growth during the forecast period. Growing awareness about sugar possessing twice the calorie content as compared to sugar alcohols, resulting in risks such as diabetes, obesity, and other health issues, has triggered the demand for reduced and no-sugar products. As a result, manufacturers are using xylitol in mints, candies, and chocolates to address the growing health concerns of consumers. However, the low intensity sweeteners market is highly consolidated, and manufacturers are challenged with inefficient and traditional production methods of tagatose. Thus, players of the low intensity sweeteners market should invest in yeast reactors for the mass production of tagatose. Apart from beverages and confectionaries, market players should expand their operations in the healthcare industry using xylitol that has proven results for improved skin health, nasal irrigation, and post-surgery recovery.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the low intensity sweeteners market for the historical period of 2014-2018 and forecast period of 2019-2029, globally, revenue generated by the low intensity sweeteners market has been estimated to be ~1.6 Bn million in 2019, and is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~7% in terms of value throughout the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Stand Out in Terms of Sales and Growth
- The production of sweeteners has been high in Europe, followed by Asia Pacific. However, consumption-wise, China has been significant in the sweeteners market. The same trend has been observed in the low intensity sweeteners market. China has the highest consumption of low intensity sweeteners, and is also showing prominent growth in the low intensity sweeteners market. This is owing to the demand for sugar-free products being high in Asia Pacific, and consumers being highly aware of products that are being launched in the market.
- In Latin America and the Middle East & Africa, the demand for low intensity sweeteners remain low due to many reasons, the main reasons being unawareness and high price of low intensity sweeteners. However, demand is expected to rise in the coming years at a high growth rate. The consumption of low intensity sweeteners is high in North America in the foodservice sector, as consumers are willing to pay premium prices for sugar-free and gluten-free products.
Inclusion of Organic and Natural Ingredients by Major Players
- A large number of companies in the overall food and ingredients market are focusing on developing their organic business. As a consequence, major companies are increasing their investments toward the production of natural and organic products. This is one of the major factors that is driving the growth of the global low intensity sweeteners market at a rapid pace.
- Moreover, companies have become more customer-focused now. There has been increased consumer mistrust over the years; hence, consumers have become very particular about the source of the food and what goes into it. Organic labels or certifications on products are featured as key additional benefits in most health food launches, and significantly support the growth of the low intensity sweeteners market.
- Low intensity sweeteners are naturally derived from various fruits and vegetables, which is gaining good market transaction in the food and beverage industry and pharmaceuticals industry, owing to the growing consumer trend for natural products and ingredients.
Health Concerns & Interest in Personal Appearance
- Health concerns and growing interest in personal appearance are commonly seen in all consumer groups. Obesity is becoming one of the biggest public health concerns in North America, and also globally.
- Also, there is increasing concern from consumers around the world regarding their physical appearance. Specifically, the younger generation is more conscious about their physical appearance. To improve their appearance, they are focused on weight management, which increases the demand for low intensity sweeteners.
Economic Developments in BRICS Countries
- In the past decade, BRICS countries and other developing countries have taken various measures to stabilize their economic condition. The middle-class population in these countries has been observed to be increasing at a faster pace.
- A large percentage of the population has been influenced by the healthy food culture, where low intensity sweeteners are widely used in the bakery and confectionery sector. This has created new demand for low intensity sweeteners, and an opportunity for low intensity sweetener manufacturers to explore and invest in these countries.
Low Intensity Sweeteners Market: Competitive Landscape
- Key manufacturers such as Ingredion, Cargill, Incorporated, and E.I. Du Pont de Nemours and Company, in the low intensity sweeteners market, are trying to increase their global presence in developing countries.
- Tier I players include
- E.I. Du Pont de Nemours
- Company Gulshan Polyols Limited, etc.
- Which account for more than five percent of the global players present in the low intensity sweeteners market.
- Tier II players include
- Ecogreen Oleochemicals
- Foodchem International Corporation
- Nova Green Inc.
- Roquette Freres Company
- ZuChem Inc.
- some other players.
- Tier III usually consists of unorganized players in the low intensity sweeteners market.
Low Intensity Sweeteners Market: Key Developments
- Some of the key developments seen in the low intensity sweeteners market during the past few years are as follows:
- In December 2015, to expand its business in low intensity sweeteners, Cargill Inc. acquired PT Sorini Agro Asia Corporindo TBK, an Indonesian producer of Sorbitol. The aim behind this strategic acquisition was to grow in the low intensity sweeteners business in Asia, particularly in South East Asia and Indonesia, thus strengthening its global presence.
- In August 2016, to expand its business in natural sweeteners, Roquette Freres Company merged with Analyticon Discovery GmbH, to enhance its product portfolio in sugar and calorie reduction variety of food and beverages.
- In March 2017, to improve its product portfolio in the sweeteners segment, ZuChem Inc. launched mannitol infused products backed by FDA’s amendment governing natural sweeteners. This newly introduced mannitol infused products would be cost-effective alternatives to the available mannitol sweeteners through a better hydrogenation process.
Low Intensity Sweeteners Market - Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) recently published a market study on low intensity sweeteners. The study provides detailed assessment on key market dynamics, including the drivers, trends, opportunities & restraints, and detailed information about the low intensity sweeteners market structure. The market study presents exclusive information about how the low intensity sweeteners market will grow during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
Key indicators of market growth, which include year-on-year (Y-o-Y) growth of the market, value chain, supply chain analysis, and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) are explained in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This information can help readers understand the quantitative growth prospects of the low intensity sweeteners market during the forecast period.
The study is relevant for stakeholders in the low intensity sweeteners market, including low intensity sweetener manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and investors, and can help them in developing appropriate strategies to grow in the market. Stakeholders in the low intensity sweeteners market, investors, industry experts, researchers, and journalists, as well as business researchers can leverage the information and data presented in TMR’s study.
The study also includes statistics as well as facts related to the macro as well as microeconomic factors that are impacting the developments in the market. It also offers actionable insights based on the future trends in the low intensity sweeteners market. Furthermore, small businesses and new entrants in the low intensity sweeteners market too can make use of the information presented in this study, based on which, they can make appropriate business decisions in order to gain momentum in the market.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Low Intensity Sweeteners Market Report
- Which regions will continue to remain the most profitable regional markets for low intensity sweeteners market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for low intensity sweeteners during the assessment period?
- How will changing trends impact the low intensity sweeteners market?
- How can market players capture the low-hanging opportunities in the low intensity sweeteners market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leading the low intensity sweeteners market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the low intensity sweeteners market to upscale their position in this landscape?
Low Intensity Sweeteners Market: Research Methodology
In TMR’s study, a unique research methodology is utilized to conduct extensive research on the growth of the low intensity sweeteners market, and reach conclusions on the future growth parameters of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts ensure accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the low intensity sweeteners market study include statistics from governmental organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the development of this report as a primary resource.
Comprehensive information acquired from primary resources and secondary resources acts as a validation from companies in the low intensity sweeteners market, and makes TMR’s projection on the growth prospects of the low intensity sweeteners market more accurate and reliable.
Low Intensity Sweeteners Market: Segmentation
TMR’s study on the low intensity sweeteners market offers information divided into important segments-product, application, and region. This report offers comprehensive data and information about the important market dynamics and growth parameters associated with these categories.