Low Endotoxin Gelatin Market: Introduction
- Gelatin, a protein product derived from collagen, plays an important role in joint health and brain function. It also improves appearance of hair and skin. It is formed by partial hydrolysis of collagen.
- It is used as an excipient in the pharmaceutical industry. Other applications areas of gelatin include hemostatic applications for bleeding control, drug delivery, and regenerative applications.
- Endotoxins are immunogenic molecules that are found in outer membrane of gram-negative bacteria. They are heat resistant and initiate immune response when exposed to immune system. This results in tissue inflammation, thereby increasing sensitivity to allergens.
- The effect of endotoxin is mediated by the inflammasome and a TLR receptor cytokines
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Low Endotoxin Gelatin Market Report
Key Drivers & Restraints of Global Low Endotoxin Gelatin Market
- Increase in adoption of regenerative medicine, new medical grade gelatin range launched by prominent market players, and expanding applications of low grade gelatin in medicine primarily drive the global low endotoxin gelatin market
- For instance, in May 2018, Rousselot, the manufacturer of gelatin and collagen peptides, launched X-Pure, a medical grade gelatin range for in-body applications. The product has applications in hemostatic medical device, parenteral formulations, and regenerative medicine.
- A company named Nitta Gelatin, NA Inc. manufacturers pharmaceuticals and food. beMatrix, is a low endotoxin gelatin, having applications in scientific research and medical devices.
- Rise in efforts by prominent market players in supplying new product-line of materials for biomedical use is expected to boost the low endotoxin gelatin market
- However, stringent regulatory requirements governing the use of low endotoxin gelatin in medical applications is likely to restrain the growth of the market during the forecast period
Source Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Market
- Based on source, the global low endotoxin gelatin market can be classified into porcine skin and bovine skin
- The porcine skin segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period, owing to an increase in number of new products from porcine skin based low endotoxin grade
Regenerative Medicine Segment to Offer Significant Opportunities
- In terms of application, the global low endotoxin gelatin market can be segmented into hemostatic applications, drug delivery & parenteral applications, biomedical applications, regenerative medicine applications, and others. The regenerative medicine applications segment is further categorized into implantable membranes, 3D bioprinting, stem cell & organoid culturing, and others.
- The regenerative medicine applications segment is expected to gain significant share of share the global low endotoxin gelatin market by 2027. Increase in demand for low endotoxin gelatin in regenerative medicines is likely to drive the segment. Gelatin-based delivery systems used for targeted release for biomolecules are expected to gain importance. Reduction in endotoxin levels in gelatin is primarily important in regenerative medicine which has led to an increase in research & development activities for developing wide range of low endotoxin gelatin.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Low Endotoxin Gelatin Market Report
North America to Dominate Global Low Endotoxin Gelatin Market
- In terms of region, the global low endotoxin gelatin market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global low endotoxin gelatin market during the forecast period.
- Recent product launch in the U.S., presence of prominent market players, extensive growth of regenerative medicine, and rise in demand for drug delivery technologies are various factors projected to drive the market in North America
Key Players Operating in Global Low Endotoxin Gelatin Market
The global low endotoxin gelatin market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for a major market share. Key players operating in the global low endotoxin gelatin market are:
- Nitta Gelatin, NA Inc.
- Nippi, Inc.
- GELITA AG
Global Low Endotoxin Gelatin Market: Research Scope
Global Low Endotoxin Gelatin Market, by Source
- Porcine Skin
- Bovine Skin
Global Low Endotoxin Gelatin Market, by Application
- Hemostatic Applications
- Drug Delivery & Parenteral Applications
- Biomedical Applications
- Regenerative Medicine
- Implantable Membranes
- 3D Bioprinting
- Stem Cell & Organoid Culturing
Global Low Endotoxin Gelatin Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis