Liquid Filled Hard Capsules Market
Liquid Filled Hard Capsules Market (Size: Large Capsules, Medium Capsules, and Small Capsules; Application: Drugs, Vitamins & Minerals, Amino Acids, Peptides & Proteins, Lipids, and Others; and End User: Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Companies, Nutrition Supplement Manufacturers, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Nutraceutical Industry Compels Manufacturers to Work at Break-neck Speed during COVID-19 Pandemic
The nutraceutical industry is benefitting from the surge in the demand for nutritional and dietary supplements, owing to health risks associated with coronavirus. Lonza Group - a Swiss multinational chemicals and biotechnology company, is increasing the availability of capsules business portfolio such as liquid filled hard capsules and empty hard capsules to facilitate formulation and manufacturing services. Such trends are translating into revenue opportunities for stakeholders in the liquid filled hard capsules market.
Though medical and pharmaceutical companies are capitalizing on the demand for dietary and nutraceutical products, greater scrutiny for products and unprecedented demand have compelled manufacturers to work at break-neck speed. Apart from liquid filled hard capsules, pharmaceutical companies are expanding their scope in ready-to-go ingredients, pre-filled liquid and semi-solid hard capsules during the ongoing pandemic. The launch of new nutraceutical products are contributing to the liquid filled hard capsules market growth.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Liquid Filled Hard Capsules Market
Soft-gels V/S Liquid Filled Hard Capsules: Which is Better?
The liquid filled hard capsules market is estimated to grow at a favorable CAGR of ~8% during the forecast period. However, soft-gels are emerging as an alternative to hard capsules. Such findings are influencing the growth of liquid filled hard capsules market. As such, more number of consumers are shying away from products sourced from animal-derived ingredients and preferring vegetarian capsules. Therefore, soft-gel manufacturers are weighing the pros and cons of using gelatin or vegetarian alternatives in soft capsules.
In order to overcome the threat of increased sales from soft-gel capsules, manufacturers in the liquid filled hard capsules market are increasing their focus in optimized capsule design to increase mechanical strength. Hard capsule manufacturers are anticipated to diversify their production in soft-gels to expand their revenue streams.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Proprietary Technology, Processes Creating Incremental Opportunities
The cutting-edge technology is being adopted by manufacturers in the liquid filled hard capsules market. Science and engineering have led to the development of proprietary equipment & processing techniques that are contributing toward the growth of the market. Manufacturers are using high precision liquid dosing pumps that are capable of handling free flowing to highly viscous suspensions.
The proprietary fusion sealing technology is gaining prominence in the market, since it allows high efficiency capsule handling & sealing and optional capsule banding. Manufacturers in the liquid filled hard capsules market are investing in new automated on-line systems for 100% inspection. Specialized liquid filling and sealing equipment are being developed for lab and pilot scale manufacturing of liquid fill hard capsule dosage forms. Capsule coating is being used as an additional lever for modified release and colonic delivery.
Lucrative Opportunities in Canada Grabbing Attention of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
There is a need to bring pharmaceutical and over the counter drug manufacturing in North America. CapsCanada, a Lyfe Group™ company and leader in capsule technology, is taking advantage of this opportunity to announce the launch of their new liquid filled hard capsule manufacturing service in North America. Manufacturers are increasing efforts to support the entire manufacturing process, right from formulation and development to full-scale production. Thus, to achieve this, companies are partnering with leading manufacturers of generic and branded drugs in Canada.
In order to expand revenue streams and bolster credibility credentials, manufacturers in the liquid filled hard capsules market are striving to gain the approval of Health Canada - the department of the Government of Canada responsible for national health policy for their facilities. Liquid filled hard capsule manufacturers in Canada are investing in fully analytical labs that conduct licensing for controlled drugs & substances, including narcotics and a choice of blister or bottle packaging.
Nature of Formulations Helping Companies to Narrow Down Product Focus
Tight development timelines and accelerated approval pathways are favoring simple and cost-effective capsule formulations. The suitability of formulations is helping companies in the liquid filled hard capsules market to narrow down their focus on specific products. For instance, soft-gels are suited for hydrophilic liquids, but are not suited for hot melt products. On the other hand, hard capsules can be filled with a combination of liquids and solids similar to pellets. As such, oily formulations are suitable for both soft and hard capsules.
Manufacturers in the liquid filled hard capsules market are boosting their production capabilities to enable the filling of liquid formulations and hot melts in capsules made of gelatin or hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC).
General Health, Multivitamins Catalyzing Demand for Liquid Filled Hard Capsules
Companies in the liquid filled hard capsules market are understanding the growing needs of nutraceutical companies to introduce new products in order to quickly align with consumer interest. Vantage Nutrition - a provider of contract manufacturing & formulation services for premium nutraceutical products in liquid-filled hard capsules, is building its portfolio in products for weight management, cardiovascular health, and general health, among other end-use cases.
Manufacturers in the liquid filled hard capsules market are unlocking value-grab opportunities in innovative applications such as prenatal health, men’s health, bone health, and the likes to establish stable revenue streams. Multivitamins for hair, skin, and nails are in high demand. Multivitamins specific to women are being highly publicized to prevent risks of osteoporosis, benefit the skin, and elevate the mood. The anti-aging effects of neem capsules are grabbing the attention of consumers.
Liquid Filled Hard Capsules Address HPAPI Challenges
The highly potent or highly toxic active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) require specialized handling. Companies in the liquid filled hard capsules market are gaining awareness about this requirement and boosting their output capacities in hard-shell liquid fill capsules. Although liquid-fill capsule products continue to be seen principally as a mechanism to increase bioavailability for poorly soluble drugs, they have the potential to address low-dose HPAPI (highly potent API) challenges.
Encapsulated liquid-based products offer a proven approach to overcome the challenges associated with the development, commercial manufacturing, and scale-up of highly potent APIs. Such trends are translating into revenue opportunities for companies in the liquid filled hard capsules market. Liquid-fill capsules are allowing the incorporation of an API powder into a liquid formulation, either as a solution or as a suspended solid.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Though the launch of new nutraceutical products is helping manufacturers to keep economies running, a slight decline in some medications has been observed since many patients deferred elective medical procedures due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The liquid filled hard capsules market is projected to reach US$ 4.9 Bn by 2031. However, soft-gels are emerging as an alternative to liquid filled hard capsules. Hence, apart from adopting proprietary technologies and processes to improve designs in liquid filled hard capsules, manufacturers should address challenges in highly potent APIs production to maintain stable revenue streams.
Liquid Filled Hard Capsules Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current scenario and future prospects of the global liquid filled hard capsules market. Liquid-filled hard capsule refers to a technology that offers an advanced form of dosage in two different types - hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) and gelatin - for multi-particulate, paste, semisolid, and liquid applications. Presently, pharmaceutical companies require various types of dosage forms and technologies to come up with customized solutions in order to better the method of delivery of products to specific areas of the body. Significant applications of liquid filled hard capsules is projected to boost the growth of the global liquid filled hard capsules market from 2021 to 2031.
- The report includes an elaborate executive summary, which provides a snapshot of various segments and sub-segments of the global liquid filled hard capsules market. It also provides information and data analysis of the global liquid filled hard capsules market with regard to segments based on size, application, end user, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides a detailed qualitative analysis of drivers, restraints, and opportunities that impact the global liquid filled hard capsules market
- The report includes company profiles, which provide information about their business, product portfolios, and competitive landscape in the global liquid filled hard capsules market
- The report on the global liquid filled hard capsules market offers market attractiveness analysis of regions and segments
- The last section of the report comprises quantitative and qualitative analyses on market share/position of key players operating in the global liquid filled hard capsules market. It analyzes key competitive strategies adopted by major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global liquid filled hard capsules market.
Liquid Filled Hard Capsules Market: Key Segments
- In terms of size, the global liquid filled hard capsules market has been classified into large capsules, medium capsules, and small capsules. The large capsules segment has been split into size 000, and size 00 & 00E. The medium capsules segment has been categorized into size 0 & 0E, size 1, and size 2. The small capsules segment has been segregated into size 3, size 4, and size 5.
- Based on application, the global liquid filled hard capsules market has been categorized into drugs, vitamins & mineral, amino acids, peptides & proteins, lipids, and others
- In terms of end user, the global liquid filled hard capsules market has been divided into pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical companies, nutrition supplement manufacturers, and others
- Market size and forecast for each of these segments and sub-segments have been provided from 2017 to 2031. The CAGR of respective segment has also been provided from 2021 to 2031, considering 2020 as the base year, and 2017, 2018, and 2019 as historical years.
Liquid Filled Hard Capsules Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global liquid filled hard capsules market has been segmented into North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Each region considered in the market has been divided into countries/sub-regions.
- The global liquid filled hard capsules market report provides size and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2017 to 2031. The CAGR for each of these regions and countries has also been provided for the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The liquid filled hard capsules market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Covered in Liquid Filled Hard Capsules Market Report
- Key players in the global liquid filled hard capsules market have been profiled based on attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, strategic overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major companies profiled in the global liquid filled hard capsules market report are
- CapsCanada Corporation
- Erawat Pharma Limited
- Farmacapsulas S.A.
- Fine USA Trading, Inc.
- HealthCaps India Ltd.
- Lonza Group
- Sunil Healthcare Limited, among others
Liquid Filled Hard Capsules Market – Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global liquid filled hard capsules market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides the revenue of the global liquid filled hard capsules market for the period 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global liquid filled hard capsules market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global liquid filled hard capsules market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global liquid filled hard capsules market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global liquid filled hard capsules market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global liquid filled hard capsules market. The next section of the global liquid filled hard capsules market report highlights the USPs such as U.S. Dietary Supplements Regulatory Overview, Regulation of Dietary Supplements, by Country, Un-denatured Type II Collagen Analysis, Key Industry Events, COVID-19 pandemic impact on industry (value chain and short/mid/long-term impact), and key success factors of top players operating in the global liquid filled hard capsules market.
The report also delves into the competitive landscape of the global liquid filled hard capsules market. Key players operating in the global liquid filled hard capsules market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, strategic overview, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global liquid filled hard capsules market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Liquid Filled Hard Capsules Market Report
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments of the global liquid filled hard capsules market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the global liquid filled hard capsules market in terms of revenue by 2031?
- How technological developments by the players are widening the scope for the global liquid filled hard capsules market?
- What is the market position of different companies operating in the global liquid filled hard capsules market?
Liquid Filled Hard Capsules Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global liquid filled hard capsules market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global liquid filled hard capsules market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global liquid filled hard capsules market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and opportunities affecting the growth of the global liquid filled hard capsules market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into smaller sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global liquid filled hard capsules market in terms of size, application, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global liquid filled hard capsules market.
Liquid Filled Hard Capsules Market – Segmentation