Liquid Dietary Supplements Market
Liquid Dietary Supplements Market (Product Type: Children’s Liquid Supplements, Medical Supplements, and Sports Nutrition; Ingredient: Vitamins, Minerals, Proteins & Amino Acids, and Others; Application: Bone & Joint Health, General Well-being, Heart Health, Immune Health & Digestive Health, Weight Management, and Others; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Can Nutritional Supplements Help Combat Coronavirus?
The liquid dietary supplements market is witnessing a push and pull effect between the surge in product sales during the coronavirus pandemic and a decline in consumer spending. High-risk patients and vitamin deficiency in individuals have led to the demand for nutritional supplements in healthcare settings.
Manufacturers in the liquid dietary supplements market are boosting their output capacities in powdered and liquid protein supplements to help individuals maintain optimum health and immunity during the COVID-19 pandemic. Consumers are exploring new recipes in oatmeal, puddings, and even meatloaf to accommodate liquid protein supplements. On the other hand, manufacturers are strengthening their online sales and improving advertising & packaging strategies to boost product uptake. Weight conscious consumers are slowly gravitating toward supplements made from natural ingredients.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Liquid Dietary Supplements Market
Vitamin A-rich Elderberry Assists in Treatment of Respiratory, Eye Disorders
Elderberry syrup is being publicized as an herbal supplement that has the potential to treat influenza, and carries anti-viral, anti-cancer, and anti-inflammatory properties. However, elderberry syrup has high chances of interacting with some medications. Hence, manufacturers in the liquid dietary supplements market are educating and creating awareness about doctor’s consultation before consumption.
Terra Firma Botanicals is gaining recognition for its organic herbal extracts involving the elderberry syrup sans preservatives, and its formula is not tested on animals. A plethora of benefits of elderberry is translating into liquid dietary supplements that offer anti-ageing properties and lower cholesterol. Companies in the liquid dietary supplements market are creating awareness about vitamin A-rich elderberries, which help in the treatment of skin diseases, respiratory, and eye disorders.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
FDA Guidelines Differentiate Between Supplements, Conventional Food
The liquid dietary supplements market is projected to expand at a robust CAGR of ~9% during the forecast period. However, consumers are facing a common confusion between liquid energy products and liquid dietary supplements. Hence, manufacturers are improving their labelling, formulation, and other compliance considerations to avoid confusion among consumers.
Companies in the liquid dietary supplements market are following the guidelines laid down by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) to help determine whether a product should be labeled as dietary supplement or conventional food. They are adhering to the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FD&C) guidelines, since regulations differ for various liquid offerings and potentially dictate the ingredients permitted in a product.
Responsible Product Design, Trend-driven Supplement Innovation Contributes to Market Growth
The liquid dietary supplements market is expected to surpass the valuation of US$ 42.6 Bn by 2031. Minerals are indispensable active ingredients that possess numerous health benefits. Seppic - a designer, manufacturer, and marketer of unique ingredients, is capitalizing on this opportunity to increase their product portfolio in mineral salts that meet specific needs such as organoleptic qualities in liquid dietary supplements.
Responsible product design and trend-driven supplement innovation are contributing to the expansion of the liquid dietary supplements market. Lonza Capsules and Health Ingredients (CHI) is increasing its marketing capabilities for Vcaps Plus capsules that are liquid filled hard capsules offering patent-protected sealing technology.
Capsule-in-Capsule Technology Enables Simultaneous Delivery of Multiple Fill Formulations
Liquid-filled hard capsules are being developed by companies in the liquid dietary supplements market to offer maximum stability with the help of the superior sealing technology. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D muscle for the capsule-in-capsule technology, which enables simultaneous delivery of multiple or previously incompatible fills in the form of liquids and powders.
Companies in the liquid dietary supplements market are making use of high-performance ingredients to provide efficacious liquid delivery dosage forms. In order to boost product sales, manufacturers are adopting high-gloss, pure, and transparent appearance to innovate in liquid-filled hard capsules. The growing trend of beauty-from-within products is creating incremental opportunities for pharma companies utilizing natural, organic, and science-backed ingredients.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Elderberry syrup and juice are gaining popularity as herbal supplement holding promising potentials to fight cold and flu caused by the coronavirus infection. Manufacturers in the liquid dietary supplements market are developing customized blend of functional ingredients sourced from several minerals, vitamins, botanicals, and amino acids into powdered, dry, and liquid forms. However, a common confusion between liquid energy products and liquid dietary supplements still prevails. Hence, companies should adhere to provisions laid down the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act to educate consumers about the utility and ingredients of products. Capsule-in-capsule technology and multiple liquid fill techniques are breakthrough innovations in the market landscape.
Liquid Dietary Supplements Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global liquid dietary supplements market for the historical period 2017–2019 and forecast period 2021–2031, rise in consumption of liquid nutritional supplements, increase in incidence of chronic diseases, and healthy aging & proactive consumption of nutritional interventions are projected to drive the global liquid dietary supplements market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global liquid dietary supplements market was valued at US$ 16.8 Bn in 2020 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~9% from 2021 to 2031
High Prevalence and Increase in Incidence Rate of Chronic Diseases to Drive Demand for Liquid Dietary Supplements: Key Drivers
- Growth of the liquid nutritional supplement market can be attributed to increase in incidence of chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer, neurological disorders, and cardiovascular diseases. People unable to synthesize essential amino acids, vitamins, and other components, as well as those who do not get essential nutrition from their diet are prescribed additional medical supplements.
- Moreover, people suffering from cancer, unconscious states, paralysis, and other conditions leading to dysfunctions and disabilities are dependent on food ingestion. Therefore, liquid nutritional supplements provide an easy way of administering essential nutrients to them. Various routes of administration of liquid nutritional supplements assist in providing whole nutrition to such people, thereby helping them in faster recovery.
- Shift in lifestyle of populations around the world is leading to increase in incidence of chronic diseases such as diabetes and cancer. For instance, a year-on-year increase in number of diabetic individuals in the world could result in life-changing complications.
- According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), the number of people with diabetes in North America stood at around 46 million in 2017, which is expected to increase to 62 million by 2045
- According to a report published by the World Health Organization in 2018, one in five men and one in six women across the world are diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime. Hence, increase in incidence of chronic diseases is likely to fuel the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Rise in Consumption of Liquid Nutritional Supplements Boosts Market Growth
- Advancements in the life sciences and food industries have brought about a change that has permitted the introduction of liquid nourishment supplements. Incorporation of different fundamental supplements such as vitamins, minerals, and proteins in a solitary nutritional supplement drink prompts a high inclination for these drinks among individuals.
- Technological improvements have empowered producers to introduce ready-to-drink, wholesome nutritional liquids that reduce the efforts needed in preparing the drink
- The popularity of liquid nutritional supplements is expanding among all age groups, such as adults, kids, and the elderly. Consumption of these drinks is more common among adults, as they require more nutrition to adjust their stressful lifestyles. This boosts the popularity of liquid nutritional supplements among other age groups.
- People in the adult group include the working population, athletes, sports players, lactating mothers, pregnant women, fitness enthusiasts, and others. The ready-to-drink liquids can be stored for a longer period and consumed whenever required, thereby saving the time of consumers. The demand for medical supplements in liquid forms, such as juices and milkshakes, is rising among all age groups of people.
- Hence, the availability of various such products in the market and the introduction of new liquid dietary supplements are likely to drive the market during the forecast period
Stringent Rules and Regulations by Governments to Hamper Market Growth
- Liquid dietary supplements affect the wellbeing of buyers. Hence, the safety of ingredients and supplement items should be guaranteed. Government organizations such as the Food and Drug Administration are precluding adulterated and hazardous liquid dietary supplements from arriving at the target market and jeopardizing purchaser well-being.
- The Food and Drug Administration does not survey liquid dietary supplements as strictly as it does for new drugs. However, wholesalers and organizations producing liquid dietary supplements need to meet the particulars of the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) and rules set by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Organizations manufacturing liquid dietary supplements need to survey and breakdown their items to guarantee they are not adulterated, and are appropriately marked and safe for consumption. On the off chance that a dietary supplement contains a new ingredient, organizations are constrained to inform the FDA before commercializing the product.
- Following the FDA guidelines can be a critical test for manufacturers. Nonetheless, over the long run, it would be beneficial to all prospects dealing with liquid dietary supplements.
Liquid Dietary Supplements Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global liquid dietary supplements market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- Leading players operating in the global liquid dietary supplements market are Herbalife International, Abbott, Bayer AG, Liquid Health, Inc., Glanbia plc, Amway, Nature's Bounty Co, Arkopharma, ADM, and DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
Liquid Dietary Supplements Market: Key Developments
- Key players in the global liquid dietary supplements market are engaged in regulatory approvals, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global liquid dietary supplements market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global liquid dietary supplements market is:
- In July 2020, Herbalife Nutrition launched Active Fiber Complex Select for digestive health in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada. Each serving provides six grams of the recommended 28 grams daily intake of fiber and can be enjoyed in water or added to a shake, juice, or tea.
- In December 2020, Nature’s Bounty expanded its immune support portfolio with the launch of Immune 24 Hour +. This unique, one-of-a-kind supplement contains the only Vitamin C with 24-hour immune support.
- In July 2020, Amway Spain announced that NUTRILITE has launched the new Vitamin B Plus with dual action technology. NUTRILITE Vitamin B Plus is an instant and long-release dual-action supplement based on natural spirulina and eight essential B vitamins, which play an important role in helping to combat fatigue and contribute to obtaining an adequate energy metabolism.
- In December 2020, Abbott Laboratories launched new Pedialyte hydration solution to help support immune health. New product contains zinc, prebiotics and vitamins B12, vitamin C, and vitamin E.
- In March 2019, Herbalife Nutrition launched Formula 1 Select Meal Replacement shake and Protein Drink Mix Select. The two new plant-based nutrition mixes, formulated with a high-quality blend of pea, quinoa, and rice proteins, are the perfect nutritional solutions for those with common food allergies such as soy, dairy, or gluten, and meet the needs of today’s health conscious consumers who seek alternative sources of protein.
- In August 2019, Amway launched its coffee alternative XS Energy Cafe Mocha. XS Cafe Mocha is also the first XS Drink to contain protein. With today’s consumers looking for added benefits on top of a great-tasting product, the seven grams of protein in the Cafe Mocha delivers for those looking to add a boost of protein to their diet.
- In February 2019, Archer Daniels Midland Company announced that it has successfully completed its EUR 1.544 Bn acquisition of Neovia, creating a global leader in value-added products and solutions for both production and companion animals. Neovia is a France-based global nutrition solutions provider, with 72 production facilities and presence in 25 countries.
- In October 2018, Herbalife Nutrition introduced a new way for consumers to have their coffee and get their protein too, with the launch of a Mocha High Protein Iced Coffee. Low in calories, sugar, and fat, but big on taste, the 100-calorie drink mix has no artificial flavors or added colors and provides 15 grams of protein and 80 mg of caffeine per serving.
- In December 2018, Nature’s Bounty launched its newest ready-to-drink innovation under the name of pure protein. In delicious Rich Chocolate and Vanilla Milkshake flavors, the convenient new RTD shakes have a whopping 30g of protein, less than 1g of sugar, 4g of fiber and 24 vitamins and minerals per serving.
- In April 2018, Abbott laboratories launched New Ensure Max Protein to help people go for their health goals. The bottle has 30 grams of high-quality protein and 1 gram of sugar and 150 calories.
- In April 2018, ADM announced a strategic decision for opening of new enzyme development laboratory based in California. This step was initiated for the advancement of research and development of feed enzyme.
- In February 2017, Glanbia invested in two new acquisitions, U.S.-based Amazing Grass and the Netherlands-based company Body & Fit. Amazing Grass specializes in plant-based nutrition, "Greens“, and superfood categories. Body & Fit is a direct-to-consumer distribution company, focused on own label and branded sports nutrition based in the Benelux region.
- In October 2017, Abbott Laboratories announced the launch of its most innovative products in child nutrition, which contain HMOs (Human Milk Oligosaccharides), in Mexico with the purpose of supporting immune and digestive health
- The report on the global liquid dietary supplements market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of service providers of liquid dietary supplements. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global liquid dietary supplements market.
Liquid Dietary Supplements Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global liquid dietary supplements market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides the overall revenue of the global liquid dietary supplements market for the period 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global liquid dietary supplements market for the forecast period of 2021–2031.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of the research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the liquid dietary supplements market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global liquid dietary supplements market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the liquid dietary supplements market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the liquid dietary supplements market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global liquid dietary supplements market. Key players operating in the liquid dietary supplements market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the liquid dietary supplements market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Liquid Dietary Supplements Market Report
- How does the development of liquid supplements provide scope of growth in the global liquid dietary supplements market?
- How alliances and partnerships among players are widening the scope of new line of technologies for liquid dietary supplements?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments under various criteria in the liquid dietary supplements market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to register leading revenue until the end of the forecast period in 2031?
Liquid Dietary Supplements Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global liquid dietary supplements market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of line of procedure for liquid dietary supplements.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout with each section further divided into smaller ones. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the liquid dietary supplements market in terms of product type, ingredient, application, distribution channel, and region. Key segments under each criteria are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global liquid dietary supplements market.
Liquid Dietary Supplements Market – Segmentation