Life Science Reagents Market
Life Science Reagents Market (Product: Chromatography Reagents, Molecular Diagnostic Reagents, Immunoassay Reagents, Clinical Chemistry Reagents, Flow Cytometry Reagents, Cell & Tissue Culture Reagents, Hematology & Hemostasis Reagents, Microbiology Reagents, and Others; End User: Hospitals & Diagnostics Laboratories, Commercial & Contract Research Manufacturers, Academic & Research Institutes, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019–2027
Press Release :
Life Science Reagent – Key Instrument to Increase Life Expectancy
Driven by the shifting paradigms of patients from 'treatment' to 'wellness', the healthcare industry has been advancing with significant breakthroughs in recent times. As 'early diagnosis' becomes the new norm in the healthcare industry, the development of effective cures becomes extremely important to beat the increasing rate of viral epidemics, their sequelae, and improve the mortality rate of patients.
Considering this trend, life science reagent manufacturers are vying to develop analytical instruments that decrease the diagnostic time and support the early-stage analysis of varied disorders. With patients having the leeway to choose their preferred diagnostic centers, point-of-care diagnostic centers such as clinics or homes are found to exceed laboratory-based diagnostics. Transparency Market Research (TMR), in its recent study, assesses the life science reagents market at a microscopic level, to acquire distinguished insights as to how the growth of the market is expected to unfold in the future, and offer actionable intelligence to the readers.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our report brochure here
Growth Prospects of the Life Science Reagents Market
Outbreaks of viruses and increasing chronic diseases have necessitated the need for effective assays in medical specialties and point-of-care centers for early diagnostics. Medical agencies seeking solutions to improve the life expectancy of patients resonate with life science reagents, and further demand advanced testing instruments. Life science reagent manufacturers operate under pressure to develop both, time- and cost-effective testing assays, as they significantly improve the mortality rate, given that patients get proper treatment post diagnostics. Governed by their increasing applications, the sales of life science reagents grew to around US$ 37,000 Mn in 2018.
The adoption of life science reagents has been growing in hospitals and diagnostic laboratories, while the rapid expansion of the biopharmaceutical industry and research institutes is likely to sustain the pace of the life science reagents market in the foreseeable timeframe. TMR anticipates that the life science reagents market is likely to expand at a CAGR of nearly 8% during 2019-2027.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a PDF sample here
Immunoassay to Remain the Preferable Diagnostic Technique
Hospitals and diagnostic laboratories persist as the highly lucrative end-use segment, by holding nearly 3/5 of the life science reagents market share, given the large volume consumption of these instruments for the diagnosis of various diseases. However, in recent times, commercial and contract research manufacturers are increasingly using life science reagents to test the effectiveness of biopharmaceutical products.
Manufacturers of life science reagents are acknowledging the fact that, the efficiency of their analytical instruments is the key to foster sales, which has only intensified research and development activities in the life science reagents landscape to develop technologically-advanced products.
In order to meet the demand for highly sensitive, easy-to-use, and precise techniques ascending from hospitals and pathologies, key players focus towards enhancing the specificity of immunoassay reagents, which remains the highly preferred product in the segment. Besides hospitals, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are leveraging the potential of immunoassay reagents to support their clinical research and development activities, drug discovery, and development of novel test assays.
However, as insurance companies mostly shy away from financially backing patients regarding diagnostic tests that involve the usage of life science reagents, reimbursements related to in vitro diagnostic tests have been low and vary according to the status of the end user, i.e. hospitals, research institutes, etc. In addition, strict quality filters set by regulatory agencies to screen healthcare products have been narrowing the channel for product launches in the life science reagents landscape.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Life Science Reagents Market – Winning Imperatives for the Long Run
Enhancing the Product Portfolio in Viral Infection Tests
As analytical instruments that offer early diagnosis continue to attract the attention of medical agencies, manufacturers have been striving towards the development of competent products that diagnose viral structural changes. To address the specific demand from hospitals, research institutes, and biopharmaceutical industries, players are enriching their product portfolios through their in-house research and development activities. Alternatively, acquisitions and mergers have been a regular feature of the life science reagents market, to reach out to a wider pool of end users.
Penetration into the Healthcare Industry in Developing Countries
The adoption of vitro diagnostic techniques is impressively high in developed regions, on the back of established healthcare infrastructures and increased confidence of consumers in advanced techniques. However, developing countries are emerging as profitable regions for the life sciences reagents market, as lenient regulatory policies appeal to private players to make investments and avail the lucrative opportunity. Additionally, the high rate of infectious diseases and unattended patients, in turn, add the required sheen to the profitability of these regions.
Using Inorganic Growth Channels to Reach Desired Heights
Key players functioning in the life science reagents market are seen entering into strategic acquisitions, mergers, and partnerships to strengthen their position and enhance their offerings in numerous end-use segments such as medical specialties and biopharmaceutical companies. For example, in January 2018, DiaSorin S.p.A. announced a strategic partnership with QIAGEN N.V., with the view of adding QuantiFERON-TB diagnostic test to its product family.
Life Science Reagents Market Remains Fragmented
The life science reagents market remains fragmented, which levels up the intensity of the competition in the landscape. The market is highly governed by the top players – F.Hoffmann-La Roche, Abbott, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., and Siemens Healthineers. These companies leverage both, organic as well as inorganic strategies to sustain their position in the life science reagents market. Research and development being their organic growth strategies, have been offering them the center stage to diversify their product portfolios. For instance, Siemens Healthineers made an investment of US$ 300 Mn for the expansion of its R&D facility in Walpole, in the U.S. Additionally, acquisitions and mergers aid these players in registering inorganic growth in various segments. For instance, Abbott announced the acquisition of Alere to strengthen its position in the point-of-care segment.
Local players, however, focus on offering relatively cost-effective products as compared to their global competitors. Product offering at a relatively lower cost than the average selling price has aided the penetration of local players with a wide distribution network in numerous geographies. The availability of products at competitive prices has been pressurizing the top players, which, in turn, is intensifying the competition in the life science reagents landscape.
Analysts’ Take on the Life Sciences Reagents Market
Authors of the report remain optimistic regarding the future growth of the life science reagents market. A surge in the number of point-of-care centers led by transmuting clinical practice patterns is likely to offer opportunities to the life science reagents market. Owing to intensified efforts toward research and development activities, effective and innovative products are likely to surface to meet the demand of end users. As the rate of outbreaks of infectious diseases has been quite high in developing countries, where the penetration of proper healthcare facility is low, these regions are likely to remain lucrative markets for making long-term investments. However, cost will become a deciding factor in the landscape, as local players continue to offer products at affordable prices.
The global life science reagents market was valued at around US$ 37,000 Mn in 2018, and is projected to expand at a CAGR of nearly 8% from 2019 to 2027. Rapid expansion of the life science industry and increase in the incidence rate of chronic and infectious diseases are fueling the growth of the global life science reagents market.
- Life science reagents are substances or compounds used in a chemical reaction to observe changes, which helps determine the cause of a disease or to develop a new reactant. Life science reagents are used in chemical reactions to measure, detect, or examine other substances.
- Life science reagents are an integral part of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and life science industries, primarily for the development of various types of assays, test kits & solutions, and culture media in the tissue culture industry
- Technological advancements in molecular biology, life sciences, and biotechnology have brought about significant changes in health care diagnostics, personalized medicines, drug discovery, forensic sciences, and clinical research & development. This, in turn, has increased the demand for life science reagents.
- Rise in research and development activities in among pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies is boosting the demand for life science reagents
Global Life Science Reagents Market: Segmentation
- The global life science reagents market has been segmented based on product, end user, and region.
- In terms of product, the global life science reagents market has been classified into chromatography reagents, molecular diagnostic reagents, immunoassay reagents, clinical chemistry reagents, flow cytometry reagents, cell & tissue culture reagents, hematology & hemostasis reagents, microbiology reagents, and others (electrophoresis, histology, cytology, investigational markers, and whole blood glucose monitoring).
- The immunoassay reagents segment dominated the global life science reagents market in 2018, and is projected to remain extremely prominent during the forecast period. This is because immunoassay is a highly preferred diagnostic technique utilized in hospitals and pathology laboratories.
- Moreover, the immunoassay technique is increasingly becoming a popular diagnostic tool, owing to specific results, high sensitivity, and ease of use. This is also driving the global life science reagents market.
- Based on end user, the global life science reagents market has been divided into hospitals & diagnostic laboratories, commercial & contract research manufacturers, academic & research institutes, and others. The hospitals & diagnostic laboratories segment dominated the global life science reagents market in 2018, due to the high consumption of life science reagents in hospitals and laboratories for the diagnosis of chronic diseases.
Global Life Science Reagents Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global life science reagents market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa.
- North America dominated the global life science reagents market in 2018, due to increasing research and development activities in the pharmaceutical industry in the region.
- Moreover, the expansion of laboratory tests portfolio of diagnostic centers is driving the demand for life science reagents.
- The life science reagents market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, due to the large patient pool and increasing investments in healthcare in countries such as China.
Global Life Science Reagents Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global life science reagents market include F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Danaher Corporation, Abbott, Siemens Healthineers, DiaSorin S.p.A, Sysmex Corporation, bioMerieux SA, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., BD, Merck KGaA, Agilent Technologies, Inc., and Waters Corporation. These players are adopting strategies such as new product development, partnerships, and acquisitions to remain competitive in the global life science reagents market.
Transparency Market Research (TMR) recently published a research report on the life science reagents market for the forecast timeframe of 2019-2027. This business asset on the life science reagents market is a detailed guide covering all the crucial aspects and elements dictating market growth through to 2027. The study covers a comprehensive analysis of the historical as well as existing factors shaping the growth of the life science reagents market, by offering insights into the drivers, restraints, trends, and opportunities.
The research report also discusses the disruptive trends and innovation brought in by the stakeholders operating in the life science reagents market. In addition to this, the life science reagents market study offers insights into the key industry developments and global market scenario in terms of value (US$ Mn). Crucial information regarding the attractiveness of the life science reagents market has also been included in the study.
An entire chapter of the report is dedicated to the competitive landscape, wherein, key players operating in the life science reagents market have been analyzed. The competition prevailing in the life science reagents market is assessed at both, global and regional levels. In order to understand the competition prevailing in the life science reagents market, a competition dashboard is included in the report, which differentiates the players operating at different levels on the basis of their financials, notable developments, and strategies.
Key Questions Answered in the Life Science Reagents Market Report
The global study addresses the key questions that would help readers have better sense of the life science reagents market through to 2027. Some of the key questions answered in this report include -
- What are the crucial restraints encountered by the manufacturers operating in the life science reagents market?
- How intense is the competition in the life science reagents market?
- What are the disruptions observed in the life science reagents market?
- What are the key opportunities of the players operating in the life science reagents market?
- Which end-use segment will contribute significantly to the life science reagents market through to 2027?
- What are the key strategies to follow to sustain in the life science reagents market?
Life Science Reagents Market - Report Methodology
TMR follows a systematic approach to obtain valuable insights into the life science reagents market. Our analysts follow the top-bottom and bottom-top approach to validate the information acquired through the research methodologies. Primary and secondary researches are carried out to form the basis of the research for the life science reagents market. In order to carry out the primary research, interviews with industry experts and industry players are conducted.
With an aim to conduct the secondary research, journals, publications, press releases, investor presentations, financial reports, and company websites are studied. Insights acquired through primary and secondary research are then validated with the help of data triangulation, and any vague or redundant information is then removed.
Life Science Reagents Market: Segmentation
The report on the life science reagents market lends a comprehensive segmentation, which gives a microscopic as well as a macroscopic view to the readers. The study bifurcates the life science reagents market on the basis of end user, product, and region, in order to lend the readers with comprehendible data and insights into the market.
Molecular Diagnostic Reagents
Clinical Chemistry Reagents
Flow Cytometry Reagents
Hematology & Hemostasis Reagents
Cell & Tissue Culture Reagents
Others (Histology, Cytology, Electrophoresis, Whole Blood Glucose Monitoring Reagents, Investigational Markers, etc.)
Hospitals & Diagnostic Laboratories
Commercial and Contract Research Manufacturers
Academic and Research Institutes
Middle East and Africa