Ischemia Reperfusion Injury Therapeutics Market: Introduction
- Ischemia reperfusion (IR) injury occurs when blood supply, perfusion, and concomitant reoxygenation is restored to an organ or area following an initial poor blood supply after a critical time period. It contributes to mortality and morbidity in numerous pathological conditions in emergency medicine clinical practice, including trauma, ischemic stroke, myocardial infarction, and post?cardiac arrest syndrome.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Ischemia Reperfusion Injury Therapeutics Market
- Rise in cases of ischemia or a lack of oxygen (anoxia or hypoxia) in organs leads to ischemia-reperfusion injury (IRI), or reoxygenation injury, once blood supply returns to the tissue after a period. According to Global Burden of Disease (GBD) study in 2010, more than 11 million ischemic strokes occurred, while 63% of them were in low- and middle-income countries. Furthermore, nearly 3 million deaths occurred due to ischemic stroke. As per CDC, in 2018, 1 in every 6 deaths from cardiovascular disease was due to stroke in the U.S. Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD) is the first ranked among most common causes of death involving cardiovascular and other diseases. In 2013, the estimated prevalence of IHD among people aged more than 18 years was 6.1%, 6.4%, 5.3%, and 3.7% in Caucasian, African, Latino, and Asian populations, respectively.
- However, high cost of reperfusion injury treatment may hamper the market. Risk factors associated with it, such as hypertension, hyperlipidemia, diabetes, insulin resistance, heart failure, altered coronary circulation and aging, can also hamper the ischemia reperfusion injury therapeutics market.
Heart injury segment to expand significantly
- Based on indication, the global ischemia reperfusion injury therapeutics market can be divided into: heart injury, kidney injury, intestine injury, and other injury
- The heart injury segment accounted for a prominent share of the global market in 2019. Acute and chronic immune responses increased by myocardial ischemia have an important role in the functional deterioration of the heart. According to Medscape data, approximately 1.5 million cases of myocardial infarction (MI) occur annually in the U.S.
Retail pharmacies segment to dominate global ischemia reperfusion injury therapeutics market
- Based on distribution channel, the global ischemia reperfusion injury therapeutics market can be divided into: hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies and online pharmacies
- In terms of revenue, the retail pharmacies segment held a major share of the market in 2019. It is projected to maintain its position during the forecast period. However, the online pharmacies segment is estimated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period due to an increase in popularity of online pharmacies to obtain prescribed drugs and steady pace of adoption of this distribution channel by customers.
- Increase in the number of therapeutics being dispensed through retail pharmacies and a rise in the number of retail pharmacies in developing countries make retail pharmacies a major channel of distribution
North America to dominate global ischemia reperfusion injury therapeutics market
- In terms of region, the global ischemia reperfusion injury therapeutics market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the global ischemia reperfusion injury therapeutics market, followed by Europe. Increase in demand for disease-specific treatment, rise in number of FDA approvals, and numerous product launches in the U.S. contribute to the leading share held by the region. In November 2019, Faraday Pharmaceuticals announced top-line results from its Phase 2 trial of FDY-5301 for the treatment of reperfusion injury following ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI).
- Rising healthcare expenditure in developing countries along with an increase in the demand for ischemia reperfusion injury treatment boost is projected to boost the market in Asia Pacific at a significant CAGR during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global ischemia reperfusion injury therapeutics market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Omeros Corporation
- Ensemble Therapeutics Corporation
- Nyken B.V.
- Erimos Pharmaceuticals, LLC
- Opsona Therapeutics Limited
- Curatis Pharma GmbH
- Pharming Group N.V.
- Biomedica Management Corporation
- Orexo AB
- Bolder Biotechnology, Inc.
- PledPharma AB
- Bayer AG
Ischemia Reperfusion Injury Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Ischemia Reperfusion Injury Therapeutics Market, by Indication
- Heart Injury
- Kidney Injury
- Intestine Injury
- Other Injury
Ischemia Reperfusion Injury Therapeutics Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.