Invisible Orthodontics Market
Invisible Orthodontics Market (Product: Clear Aligners, Ceramic Braces, and Lingual Braces; Age Group: Adult and Teenager; and End User: Hospitals and Dental & Orthodontic Clinics) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Can Digital Tools Replace Chair Time Post COVID-19 Era?
Since countries such as the U.S., France, India, and Brazil are registering new COVID-19 (coronavirus) cases every day, orthodontic practices are being partially suspended to prevent the spread of the infection. As such, orthodontists are relying on digital tools to provide continued care to critical patients. On the other hand, manufacturers in the invisible orthodontics market are entering the digital space to keep economies running amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
Digital communication tools are playing a key role in maintaining steady supply chain routes for manufacturers in the invisible orthodontics market. Since digital tools are keeping the number of visits in clinics at low, analysts at Transparency Market Research (TMR) opine that online consultation will gain momentum in the upcoming years, but not completely replace chair time. The trend of teledentistry is anticipated to increase sales of invisible orthodontics such as clear aligners by the first and second quarter of 2021.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Invisible Orthodontics Market
AI and Pricing Strategies Help Emerging Players to Gain Ground
The invisible orthodontics market is expected to cross US$ 11.7 Bn by the end of 2030. This is evident since increasing number of customers are becoming aware about the availability of aesthetically-pleasing orthodontic products. However, established market players have a competitive edge over emerging market players, since the former has carried out extensive research about material technologies and ergonomics of clear aligners. Hence, emerging market players in the invisible orthodontics market should focus on reducing the cost of production and pricing of their products to pose as a stiff competition to established companies.
Emerging market players are becoming aware about the advantages of artificial intelligence (AI), which can be used to improve the ergonomics of clear aligners.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
New Material Technologies Increase Uptake of Ceramic Brackets and Clear Aligners
The competition landscape in the invisible orthodontics market is undergoing a transformation as companies adopt new ways of marketing and branding. Align Technology— a global medical device company, has gained market recognition with its product Invisalign® and is increasing its R&D to include better materials in systems that deliver predictable medical outcomes. Improved treatment planning is bolstering growth of the invisible orthodontics market, which is expected to advance at a striking CAGR of ~14% during the assessment period.
Artificial intelligence is transforming the orthodontics industry. However, many individuals still prefer traditional orthodontic treatment to invisible orthodontics. Hence, manufacturers are innovating in ceramic and lingual braces to meet the demand of customers. For instance, Petrover Orthodontics— a manufacturer of braces and orthodontics for adults and children, is increasing its marketing capabilities for their In-Ovation® self-ligating brackets that are made from ceramic and metal materials.
Investments by Startups in Online Business Models Fuel Market Growth
Maintaining steady supply chain routes with dentists is the key to increase the popularity of invisible orthodontics. Moreover, manufacturers are exploring online business models by offering customized invisible aligners to end customers. The growing startup culture is pumping investments in the invisible orthodontics market. In order to cater to the needs of gen y and z population, manufacturers are introducing stickables in clear aligners to enhance the aesthetic appeal of systems. These stickables are helping patients to show their personal flair during invisible orthodontic treatments.
Swift Health Systems— a stealth stage medical device company, is gaining market recognition for raising US$ 45 Mn in series C funding to commercialize its INBRACE invisible orthodontics system. On the other hand, manufacturers in the invisible orthodontics market are increasing the availability of do-it-yourself (DIY) clear aligner therapies. However, patients are advised to opt for supervised treatments while using DIY systems.
AI-enabled Monitoring Systems Support Predictable Outcomes with DIY Invisible Orthodontics
Online reviews are now deciding the fate of companies in the invisible orthodontics market. Companies such as CandidCo are capitalizing on this opportunity to increase marketing for its direct-to-customer orthodontic aligners where the whole treatment is monitored by a specialist. This has led to the demand of virtually assigned orthodontists. Companies in the invisible orthodontics market are offering remote monitoring systems with invisible orthodontics to improve medical outcomes of patients. This has sparked innovations in AI-enabled monitoring systems that deploy high-quality images of the teeth, which are used for examination by dentists.
AI technologies are making it possible for orthodontists to monitor and reexamine the progress made by patients who use invisible orthodontics. Manufacturers are increasing awareness about initial assessment of the teeth so that individuals can receive predictable outcomes from DIY invisible orthodontic systems.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Invisible Orthodontics Market
Mobile Apps Create Personalized Treatment Experience Using Virtual Check-ups
Companies in the invisible orthodontics market are innovating in braces. Mobile apps are helping patients receive the right treatment for malocclusion. These apps are educating people about the procedure for teeth treatment, which caters to transparency and easy understanding of teeth problems. As such, startups are tapping into value-grab opportunities in the U.S. since invisible orthodontics are in high demand.
People are preferring to receive malocclusion treatment from the comfort of their home. In order to achieve this, manufacturers are offering impression kits, along with orthodontic systems to meet convenience needs of individuals. Companies are using the advantages of the AI technology to develop mobile apps that offer personalized notifications to individuals about dentist appointments and virtual check-ups. Invisible orthodontics have made it possible to correct teeth alignment within few weeks. This has triggered the demand for invisible orthodontics.
Teledentistry is emerging as a vital communication tool amidst the COVID-19 crisis to support stranded patients. Innovative pricing strategies are increasing the uptake of invisible orthodontics. Companies in the invisible orthodontics market are increasing their production capacities for ceramic braces that provide fast and improved ergonomics. However, several individuals still prefer traditional orthodontic treatment. Hence, companies should introduce AI-enabled mobile apps with invisible orthodontic products to established supervised treatment via online check-ups. On the other hand, manufacturers are introducing self-ligating mechanisms in ceramic braces to eliminate the hassles associated with elastic ties. This helps to keep plaque accumulation in control and makes cleaning of the braces much easier.
Invisible Orthodontics Market: Overview
- Clear aligners are thin, clear removable dental appliances made of plastic. These are used for the treatment of malocclusion or in patients with misaligned teeth. These are novel orthodontic devices custom-built and invisible. These present a clear alternative to conventional metallic braces. Clear aligners offer advantages over conventional metal braces such as increased flexibility, high comfort, and convenience, making them a preferred choice among patients. Clear aligners are a modern and near-invisible method for correcting mild to moderate orthodontic problems.
- Rise in prevalence of malocclusion across the globe, rapid advancement in orthodontics, and increase in focus on esthetic dentistry are the key factors projected to drive the global invisible orthodontics market during the forecast period
Invisible Orthodontics: Market Drivers
- Malocclusion, or teeth irregularity, is a highly common dental disorder after periodontal disease and tooth decay across the globe. It occupies the third position for public health dental disease priorities globally. The disease is also defined as misalignment of teeth or incorrect relation between the teeth of the upper and lower dental arches. There are various forms of malocclusion including crossbite, overbite, underbite, crowded teeth, and open bite. Malocclusion is usually an inherited condition and can be passed down from one generation to the next, affecting teenagers as well as adults.
- The three major classes of malocclusion are class I, class II, and class III. It is a highly prevalent clinical dental condition affecting billions of people across the globe. For instance, it is estimated that approximately 75% of the population suffers from the disease globally. Moreover, nearly 10 million people in developed countries opt for orthodontic treatment.
- Most orthodontic patients suffering from malocclusion are treated with the use of traditional methods such as metal arch wires and brackets, referred to as braces, or modern invisible aligners. Hence, increase in the number of target patient pool suffering from malocclusion is expected to drive the demand for advanced orthodontics, which in turn is likely to boost the market in the next few years.
Market Segmentation: Invisible Orthodontics Market
- In terms of product type, the global invisible orthodontics market has been divided into clear aligners, ceramic braces, and lingual braces
- Based on age group, the global invisible orthodontics market has been bifurcated into adults and teenagers
- In terms of end user, the global invisible orthodontics market has been classified into hospitals and dental & orthodontic clinics
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for invisible orthodontics trends, recent trends & developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The invisible orthodontics market report provides current and future revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments for the period from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2020 to 2030, along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Invisible Orthodontics Market
- In terms of region, the global invisible orthodontics market has been segmented into North America, Europe, CEE Countries, Asia Pacific, and Latin America & Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global invisible orthodontics market in 2019.
- Rise in demand for advanced orthodontics, increase in number of orthodontic cases, and rapid adoption of clear aligners by dentists and patients are factors anticipated to drive the market in North America
- Presence of leading industry players offering novel orthodontic treatments and favorable reimbursement for dental alignment therapy in developed countries are expected to boost the demand for invisible orthodontics in the region
- The report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the global invisible orthodontics market
- Leading players analyzed in the report are
- BEX Co. Ltd.
- Celetrix LLC
- Merck KGaA
- Eppendorf AG
- Harvard Bioscience, Inc. (BTX)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- MaxCyte, Inc.
- Lonza Group
- Mirus Bio LLC
- Each of these players has been profiled in the report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Invisible Orthodontics Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global invisible orthodontics market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the revenue of the global invisible orthodontics market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global invisible orthodontics market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global invisible orthodontics market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global invisible orthodontics market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global invisible orthodontics market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global invisible orthodontics market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global invisible orthodontics market. Key players operating in the global invisible orthodontics market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global invisible orthodontics market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Invisible Orthodontics Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of companies in the global invisible orthodontics market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global invisible orthodontics market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global invisible orthodontics market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for invisible orthodontics providers?
- Which factors will hamper the growth of the global invisible orthodontics market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global invisible orthodontics market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global invisible orthodontics market and arrive at conclusions on the growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global invisible orthodontics market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the invisible orthodontics market as primary sources.
These primary and secondary sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the invisible orthodontics market leaders. Access to extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global invisible orthodontics market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenue numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global invisible orthodontics market more reliably and accurately.
Invisible Orthodontics Market – Segmentation