Intramedullary Nails Market
Intramedullary Nails Market (Type: Long Gamma Nail [LGN], Trochanteric Femoral Nail [TFN], Intertroch/Subtroch Nail [ITST], and Others; Material: Titanium and Stainless Steel; Application: Femoral Fracture, Tibial Fracture, and Others; and End User: Hospitals & Ambulatory Surgical Centers and Specialty/Orthopedic Clinics) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Surge in Number of Sports-related Injuries to Drive Demand for Intramedullary Nails
The healthcare sector has witnessed waves of evolution over the past couple of decades driven by technology, research & development, and introduction of newly developed and innovative medical products. The growth of the global intramedullary nail market is expected to primarily depend on the number of surgeries performed to repair broken bones. Moreover, increasing usage of intramedullary nails for the treatment of two-part fractures of the proximal humerus. In addition, intramedullary nail fixation has emerged as the ‘gold standard’ treatment for femoral shaft fractures– a factor that is anticipated to drive the global intramedullary nails market during the forecast period.
The adoption of intramedullary nail fixation has increased at a consistent rate over the past few years, owing to the minimization of soft-tissue irritation. Furthermore, advantages of intramedullary nail fixation in comparison with tension banding in terms of reducing the gap at the fracture site are set to play a key role in the overall development of the global intramedullary nails market during the assessment period. A considerable amount of research is being carried out to explore the potential and efficacy of intramedullary nail fixation in the treatment of non-displaced fractures.
At the back of these factors, along with the increasing focus on the development of intramedullary nails using improved materials and design, the global intramedullary nails market is projected to surpass the US$ 1.2 Bn evaluation by the end of 2030. Another factor that is expected to have a positive impact on the demand for intramedullary nails is the increasing prevalence of sports related injuries around the world.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Intramedullary Nails Market
High Adoption of Intramedullary Nails in Treatment of Femoral Shaft Fractures to Aid Market Growth
Over the past few decades, intramedullary nails have been extensively used in the treatment of femoral shaft fractures in both, children as well as adults. Over the past decade, due to various challenges linked to intramedullary nails, including end caps falling into soft tissue, prolonged operative time, and high radiation exposure, a number of studies has been conducted aimed toward understanding and evaluation of different types of intramedullary nails in the treatment of femoral shaft fractures. As a result of various research activities, intramedullary nails with tail wires are anticipated to gain immense popularity in the upcoming years, as this type of intramedullary nails primarily addresses both, fracture fixation as well as nail removal.
In addition, players involved in the current intramedullary nails market are increasingly focusing on improving the overall treatment of femoral shaft fractures by expanding their product portfolio, research, and new product designs.
Demand to Increase Against Backdrop of New Product Launches
Several players involved in the current intramedullary nails market are increasingly focusing on expanding their product portfolio to gain a competitive edge in the current market landscape. Product development and research are likely to remain one of the key growth strategies adopted by intramedullary nails manufacturers during the forecast period. For instance, in September 2019, Globus Medical announced the launch of AUTOBAHN Nailing System at the OTA annual meeting– an advanced clinical solution aimed to improve the treatment of tibia and femur fractures. Similarly, in January 2017, Orthopedic Implant Company (OIC) announced the launch of a Tibial Intramedullary Nailing System that is primarily designed to stabilize tibia fractures. In June 2018, DePuy Synthes announced the launch of a cutting-edge intramedullary nailing system aimed at enhancing the treatment of the femoral shaft fractures in the U.S. While intramedullary nails market players are likely to focus on the launch of new products, tie-ups with hospitals, specialty clinics, and surgical centers are expected remain key.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
COVID-19 Impact: Intramedullary Nails Market to Witness Steady Growth
Despite the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the expansion of the global intramedullary nails market is anticipated to remain steady, as non-COVID-related healthcare facilities continue to function at normal pace. Surgeries and medical therapies are categorized as essential services across the globe due to which, the demand for intramedullary nails is expected to remain steady amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Market players are projected to focus on addressing the supply chain challenges put forward by the COVID-19 pandemic and formulate effective strategies to streamline the same.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Intramedullary Nails Market
The global intramedullary nails market is expected to expand at a moderate CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. The market growth is driven by factors such as increasing number of sports-related surgeries, road accidents, and casualties. Developments made in product designs and structure will play a key role in augmenting the demand for intramedullary nails during the forecast period. Market players are projected to focus on launching new products and R&D activities to gain a competitive edge during the assessment period.
Intramedullary Nails Market: Overview
- An intramedullary nail is a metal rod inserted into the medullary cavity of a bone and across the fracture in order to provide solid support for the fractured bone. Intramedullary nailing is currently considered the gold standard for treatment of femoral shaft fractures. Intramedullary fixation is valuable and appropriate for majority of fractures. With newer nail designs and attention to technique, nailing can be extended to both proximal and distal extra articular fractures.
- Increase in incidence of injuries/sports injuries and rise in prevalence of degenerative bone diseases are projected to drive the global intramedullary nail market. Technological advancements in trauma fixation devices are anticipated to augment the global market in the near future.
- Road accidents and violence are the most common causes of spinal injuries besides slips, falls, and industrial accidents. These lead to hospitalization and permanent disability for thousands of individuals each year. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), every year around 250,000 to 500,000 individuals suffer from spinal cord injury. Majority of these injuries is from preventable causes such as road traffic crashes, falls, or violence. Increase in incidence of spinal injuries, sports injuries, and trauma across the globe is one of the major drivers of the global intramedullary nails market.
- Older adults (65 years and older) have increased rate of trauma and predisposition to injury from even minimal force. This makes older adults a high-risk population for traumatic fracture from high- or low-impact mechanisms. At the age of 50, four in 10 women will experience a hip, vertebral, or forearm fracture in their remaining lifetime, and are more likely to die from complications of fracture than from breast cancer. An article published in NCBI in 2020 revealed that around 347,564 hip fractures occurred in Spain from 2015 to 2025. More than 85% of hip fractures occur in people older than 65.
Technological Advancements in Trauma Fixation Devices
- Demand for minimally invasive procedures and implants is likely to increase, as patients become more informed about the advances in medical technology. Minimally invasive procedures do not require hospitalization for a long period and deliver early patient recovery. Technological advancements in intramedullary nail fixation have improved the biomechanical properties of available fixation constructs over the past few years. Nails designed to achieve compression across the arthrodesis site have provided the foot and ankle surgeon with a greater armamentarium for performing tibiotalocalneal arthrodesis.
Market Segmentation: Intramedullary Nails Market
- In terms of type, the global intramedullary nails market has been classified into long gamma nail (LGN), trochanteric femoral nail (TFN), intertroch/subtroch nail (ITST), and others
- Based on material, the global intramedullary nails market has been bifurcated into titanium and stainless steel
- In terms of application, the global intramedullary nails market has been divided into femoral fracture, tibial fracture, and others
- Based on end user, the global intramedullary nails market has been categorized into hospitals & ambulatory surgical centers and specialty/orthopedic clinics
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for trends, recent trends & developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The intramedullary nails market report provides current and future revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments for the period from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2020 to 2030, along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Intramedullary Nails Market
- In terms of region, the global intramedullary nails market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- Well-established healthcare infrastructure, high healthcare expenditure per capita, and rapid increase in the geriatric population are key factors attributed to North America’s large market share. Large population base, increase in incidence of orthopedic diseases, and economy growth in China, India, and other countries in Southeast Asia have led to high per capita healthcare expenditure in Asia Pacific. This is anticipated to drive the intramedullary nails market in Asia Pacific.
- The current and future market sizes in terms of value (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and major countries have been provided in the report for the period from 2018 to 2030, along with their CAGRs for the period from 2020 to 2030
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the market, which are expected to help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market share, and in the decision-making process
- The report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the global intramedullary nails market
- Leading players analyzed in the report are
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Zimmer Biomet
- Johnson & Johnson
- Orthopaedic Implant Company
- Orthofix Holdings, Inc.
- Wright Medical Group N.V.
- Advanced Orthopaedic Solutions
- Aysam Ortopedi & Tibbi Cihazlar
- MEDIN, a.s.
- GPC Medical USA, Inc.
- Each of these players has been profiled in the report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Intramedullary Nails Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global intramedullary nails market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the revenue of the global intramedullary nails market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global intramedullary nails market from 2020 to 2030.
The report has been prepared after extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global intramedullary nails market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the global intramedullary nails market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global intramedullary nails market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as entities interested in participating in the global intramedullary nails market.
The report also delves into the competition landscape of the global intramedullary nails market. Key players operating in the global intramedullary nails market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standing, recent developments, and SWOT are attributes of players in the global intramedullary nails market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Intramedullary Nails Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by intramedullary nails providers across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global intramedullary nails market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and threats in the global market?
- Which region is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which distribution channel segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2030? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
Intramedullary Nails Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global intramedullary nails market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study, and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of distribution channels.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller ones. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that have been appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global intramedullary nails market in terms of type, application, material, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2030 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders to make informed business decisions for investment in the global intramedullary nails market.
Intramedullary Nails Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global intramedullary nails market includes information divided into five segments: type, application, material, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global intramedullary nails market have been discussed in detail.