Global Injectable Drug Delivery Market: Overview
The demand within the global injectable drug delivery market is growing at a sturdy pace in recent times. The humongous demand for improved healthcare has paved way for several new developments within the industry. Development of distinct and high-performance drugs has become a necessity for treating chronic illnesses. Therefore, the global injectable drug delivery market is expected to tread along a lucrative growth track in the coming times. The need for developing effective routes of administration for high-quality drugs has created humongous opportunities within the global market. Furthermore, medical experts are also focusing on increasing the effectiveness and speed of drug-delivery. Therefore, the total volume of revenues within the global injectable drug delivery market is expected to multiply.
In a syndicate report, Transparency Market Research (TMR) decodes some of the leading factors responsible for the growth of the global injectable drug delivery market. The global injectable drug delivery market can be segmented on the basis of end-user, application, and region. Use of injectable drug delivery for controlling and treating various types of cancers has played an integral role in market growth. However, advent of minimally-invasive technologies could transcend as a challenge for the vendors operating in the injectable drug delivery market.
Global Injectable Drug Delivery Market: Notable Developments
The global injectable drug delivery market endows several opportunities for growth, and the vendors are looking to capitalise on them.
- The use of injectables in diabetics has been on a rise in recent times. A statement released by the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD), in agreement with the American Diabetes Association (ADA), shed light on an important factor relating to insulin injection. The statement expounded that glucagon-like peptide (GLP)-1 receptor agonists are more effective than insulin in treatment of type-2 diabetes. The statement lead to discussion and debate across the global injectable drugs delivery market.
- FDA recently declined approval of rilpivirine and cabotegravir injectable for the treatment of HIV-1. The move is expected to impact the growth of the vendors operating in the global injectable drug delivery market.
Global Injectable Drug Delivery Market: Growth Drivers
- Rising Incidence of Chronic Diseases
The rising incidence of chronic diseases such as cancer and diabetes has necessitated the use of invasive technologies for drug delivery. The medical fraternity is making ardent efforts to educate people about the indispensability of injectables in certain cases. Furthermore, use of high-end injectables has helped in garnering the trust of the patients. Therefore, the growth of the global injectable drug delivery market largely depends on the agreeability of the masses on the use of invasive techniques. Presence of trained medical experts has helped in popularising the advantages of injectables.
- Stipulation of Standards for Using Injectables
The use of injectable drug delivery modules is underpinned by several regulatory requirements and standards. The unprecedented need for catering to these requirements has led healthcare centers to use the most nascent technologies for drug injection. Therefore, development of new products or injectables holds tremendous value for the market players. Furthermore, companies make seamless efforts to stay abreast with the nascent trends in the market. Several entities and organisations are focused on organising seminars and workshops to initiate dialogue around injectables. This trend is slated to fetch fresh revenues for the global injectable drug delivery market. Business partnerships in the domain of healthcare manufacturing have created a plethora of opportunities for market vendors.
The global injectable drugs delivery market is segmented by:
Type of formulation
Type of device
- Needle free injectors
- Auto injectors
- Disposable syringes
- Reusable needles
- Pre-filled syringes
- Pen needle
- Orphan diseases
- Auto-immune disease
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.