Masking Tapes Market
Masking Tapes Market (Type: Single Side and Double Side; Adhesive Type: Silicon-based Adhesive, Acrylic-based Adhesive, Rubber-based Adhesive, and Others; Backing Material: Plastic, Paper, Foam, and Others; and End Use: Automotive, Building & Construction, Healthcare, Electrical & Electronics, Packaging, Aerospace, and Others) - India Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- Chemicals & Materials
- 135 Pages
Manufacturers Focus on Packaging, Healthcare Applications amid Coronavirus Crisis
The ever-changing COVID-19 variants are creating concerns for the Indian Government, business owners, and stakeholders of the India masking tapes market. Masking tape manufacturers are focusing on key revenue generating industries such as electronics, packaging, and healthcare applications. Major disruptions in the automotive industry is affecting the growth of the market.
Poor market sentiments are influencing revenue generation in the India masking tapes market. In order to keep economies running, manufacturers are maintaining stable supply chains, especially for mission critical projects in automotive, packaging, and healthcare industries. They are entering the plug and play mode to adapt to production activities as per fluctuating demand and supply of products. Companies are adopting contingency planning to predict future COVID-19 situation due to the possibility of a fourth wave in India.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Painter’s Tape V/S Masking Tape: Which is Better?
The India masking tapes market is projected to reach US$ 350.5 Mn by 2031. However, painter’s tape is emerging as an alternative to masking tape. This is predicted to affect sales of masking tapes. Masking tape is associated with leaving a sticky residue behind on surfaces, making it hard to clean. Painter’s tape is offsetting this disadvantage of masking tape, but high price of painter’s tape is influencing buyer’s decision. Low price, clean lines, and easy to find attributes of masking tape are helping manufacturers to boost sales.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Use of Special UV, Temperature Resistant Masking Tapes in Work Projects
Innovative masking tape concepts are transforming the India masking tapes market, which is slated to clock a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period. Special UV (ultraviolet) and temperature resistance properties are attributes of new masking tape products. These tapes are highly recommended for cured paint surfaces, glass, plastered walls, and the likes.
From professional decorators to DIY (do it yourself) enthusiast and painters, an increasing number of end users is triggering the demand for masking tapes. Extensive indoor and outdoor work projects pertaining to building and construction applications are contributing to the growth of the India masking tapes market. Rise in the number of real estate projects and ever-expanding nature of the building & construction industry are creating stable income sources for masking tape manufacturers.
Die-cut Adhesives Help Produce Masking Tapes for Industrial Manufacturing Applications
Adhesive innovations are translating into incremental opportunities for manufacturers in the India masking tapes market. Moreover, the use of adhesives is growing rapidly in the industrial manufacturing sector. Producers are increasing the availability of lightweight, clean, and safe adhesives that can be used in the manufacture of masking tapes.
Companies in the India masking tapes market are increasing their R&D to produce adhesives, which help bond individual components accurately and efficiently without the need for heavy & bulky fasteners such as rivets or welds. Manufacturers are boosting their production capacities in die-cut adhesives. Metal finishing and industrial coating applications are bolstering uptake of masking tapes.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Masking Tapes Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
Masking tape manufacturers are ensuring an extensive stock of inventories such as adhesives during the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak to maintain a stable supply of products available for immediate purchase. The India masking tapes market is projected to surpass an output of 281.1 million square meters by the end of 2031. However, painter’s tape are posing a stiff competition to the sales of masking tapes. Hence, manufacturers should increase their R&D to develop better adhesives and masking tapes with UV and temperature resistant properties to compensate for the advantages of the painter’s tape. Manufacturers should diversify their production in both painter’s tape and masking tape to capitalize on revenue opportunities and stay relevant as per changing consumer demands.
India Masking Tapes Market: Overview
- Masking tapes are developed specifically to protect surfaces of surroundings from overspray. They are of two types: single side and double side. A variety of backing materials that are flat and web-based such as film, paper, foil, fabrics, or foam are used in these tapes.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the masking tapes market in India for the actual year of 2020 and the forecast period from 2021 to 2031, rise in usage of masking tapes in end-use industries such as automotive, packaging, and electrical & electronics is a key factor expected to boost the masking tapes market in India during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the masking tapes market in India is expected to reach US$ 350.5 Mn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period
Growth of Automotive Industry: Key Driver of India Masking Tapes Market
- Masking tapes are extensively used in various automotive applications such as wire harnessing, electric insulation, automotive body repairs, masking, and surface protection. Masking tapes are also referred as painters’ tapes in the market due to their better compatibility with painting products.
- Increase in usage of masking tapes in automotive interior parts to provide better resistance, excellent tensile strength, and adhesion ability is likely to propel the masking tapes market in India during the forecast period. Strong production base, speedy growth of the automotive sector in India, and replacement of traditional fasteners, screws, bolts, and rivets with adhesive tapes are likely to propel the market in the near future.
- Double sided tapes are expected to replace traditional sealing and adhesion techniques, due to the rise in consumption of these tapes, owing to their durability, good surface adhesion, and high shear strength. This is likely to drive the demand for adhesive tapes in the next few years.
Increase in Demand for Masking Tapes in Packaging Industry
The packaging industry has been expanding at a consistent pace since the past few years. Growth of the food & beverages industry has been a key driver of the packaging industry. Expansion of the packaged food industry is anticipated to boost the demand for packaging during the forecast period. The global packaging market was valued at US$ 12.5 Bn in 2010 and estimated to reach US$ 25.2 Bn in 2023, expanding at a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period. Masking tapes are widely used in packaging applications. Characteristics of masking tapes such as high temperature resistance, clean removal without leaving any residue, and water and solvent resistance increase its scope of usage in high level and complex packaging applications.
- Constant rise in consumption of masking tapes for the purpose of packaging is expected to fuel the masking tapes market in India during the forecast period. The packaging segment held prominent share of the masking tapes market in India in 2020, driven by the increase in the demand for these tapes in industries such as processed food & beverages, healthcare devices, and medical.
- Masking tapes offer flexibility in packaging applications. They provide excellent processing performance, superior tensile strength, and consistent and reliable sealing. Therefore, they are widely used for packaging and sealing of corrugated boxes and cartons. This is likely to boost the demand for masking tapes in India in the near future.
Single Side Type Dominates India Masking Tapes Market
- In terms of type, the single side segment held a major share of the masking tapes market in India in 2020. Single side masking tapes are widely used in electrical & electronics, automotive, and packaging applications. The single side segment is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period.
High Demand for Masking Tapes in Electrical & Electronics Industry
- In terms of end use, the electrical & electronics segment held a major share of the masking tapes market in India in 2020. Masking tapes are widely used in the electrical & electronics industry. The electrical & electronics segment is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4% during the forecast period.
- Other highly lucrative segments of the masking tapes market in India include packaging and automotive, which are projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.2% and 7.2%, respectively, during the forecast period
India Masking Tapes Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of masking tapes have been included in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the masking tapes market in India are
- 3M India
- Mas Corporation
- TESA India
- Nitto Denko India Pvt. Ltd
- Intertape Polymer Group
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- Berry Global
- Scapa India
- Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics
- Ajit Industries Private Limited
- Lohmann Adhesive Tapes
- Adhesive Specialities
- Mirka India Pvt. Ltd.
- STARCKE ABRASIVES INDIA PVT. LTD.
- Klingspor India Pvt. Ltd.
- Sumax Engineering (P) LTD
- KOVAX CORPORATION
India Masking Tapes Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of masking tapes, such as 3M India, TESA India, and Nitto Denko India Pvt. Ltd are focusing on different strategies to meet the rising demand for masking tapes in various applications
- In the masking tapes market in India report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of masking tapes. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the masking tapes market in India.
India Masking Tapes Market – Scope of Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the masking tapes market in India in order to accurately gauge its future growth. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the masking tapes market in India so as to identify growth opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the masking tapes market in India would expand during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the masking tapes market in India, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure growth of the masking tapes market in India during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects of the masking tapes market in India and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (million square meters) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the masking tapes market in India, along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the masking tapes market in India, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on India Masking Tapes Market
The report provides detailed information about the masking tapes market in India on the basis of a comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the India market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the masking tapes market in India, so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which end use segment of the masking tapes market in India would emerge as a major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of advantages of masking tapes?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the masking tapes market in India between 2021 and 2031?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the masking tapes market in India?
- Which segment is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the masking tapes market in India during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the masking tapes market in India?
Research Methodology – India Masking Tapes Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the masking tapes market in India report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible sources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecast for the masking tapes market in India.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the masking tapes market in India.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the masking tapes market in India.
India Masking Tapes Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the masking tapes market in India in terms of type, adhesive type, backing material, end use, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and trends associated with different segments of the market and how they are influencing growth prospects of the masking tapes market in India.