Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market
Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market (Treatment Type: Botulinum Toxin A, Iontophoresis, Surgical Treatments, Topical Treatments, Non-surgical Microwave Energy Destruction of Sweat Glands, and Others; Hyperhidrosis Type: Axillary Hyperhidrosis, Palmar Hyperhidrosis, Plantar Hyperhidrosis, and Others; End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
- 160 Pages
Stakeholders Focus on Research in Less-invasive Hyperhidrosis Treatments
As a prevailing condition amongst patients, stakeholders in the hyperhidrosis treatment market are working in collaboration with researchers, scientists, and pharmaceutical frontrunners to develop less-invasive hyperhidrosis treatments. Ongoing research activities and experiments in the hyperhidrosis treatment market are based on insightful clinical trials and constructive feedback from subject patients. However, there is scope for further investigations to understand the effectiveness of less-invasive remedies for hyperhidrosis treatment.
Patients suffering from hyperhidrosis demand the need for at-home solutions that provide reasonable and helpful-relief, especially for kids. However, successful research experiments are giving rise to effective and well-endured hyperhidrosis treatment solutions for children. For instance, in September 2018, Dermira Inc. a leading medical dermatology drug innovation company, announced the launch of QBREXZA, an anticolinergenic cloth that serves as an alternative for the topical treatment of axillary hyperhidrosis. After various discussions and working in synergy with dermatologists, Dermira Inc. has been successful in understanding the lack of novel hyperhidrosis treatment alternatives, which led to the innovation of QBREXZA.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure here
Increased Disease Awareness & Novel Therapies Changing Hyperhidrosis Treatment Landscape
Although stakeholders are involved in extensive research & development efforts for the treatment of hyperhidrosis, the exact reason for the hyperhidrosis health condition is still vague in medical terms. However, patient satisfaction and result-oriented outcomes have always been the key focus areas of hyperhidrosis treatment providers. Also, stakeholders are taking efforts to continuously improve the efficacy of non-surgical treatments for hyperhidrosis through clinically-proven data and statistics.
The hyperhidrosis treatment market is currently valued at ~US$ 1.2 billion, and is estimated to grow at a moderate speed for the next decade. Recent studies show that, one of the major reasons for the sluggish growth of the hyperhidrosis treatment market is due to a common orthodox belief that hyperhidrosis is not a medical condition, and that the various types of hyperhidrosis cannot be medically treated.
Current findings propose that, both, the severity and prevalence are in excess than previously thought, which is likely create an upsurge in the demand for effective hyperhidrosis treatment in the coming years. Market players will experience relentless pressures to create awareness about the disease and availability of effective hyperhidrosis treatments among patients.
While the potential rise in awareness will boost the growth of the hyperhidrosis market in the coming years, the side effects of these treatments will give rise to the need for technologically-advanced and safer treatments. For example, topical treatments such as aluminum chloride antiperspirants are effective on a short-term basis, but may lead to side effects such as intolerable skin irritation. Hence, modern hyperhidrosis treatment alternatives are triggering the need for newer options such as laser therapy, topical botulinum toxin type A, and micro-focused ultrasound treatment.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your business for future, ask for a sample report here
Radiofrequency Microneedling and Iontophoresis Surface as Treatment for Axillary Hyperhidrosis
The increasing prevalence of axillary hyperhidrosis has been triggering the demand for effective treatments, such as fractional microneedle radiofrequency (FMR) treatment, tap water iontophoresis, and microwave technology. In 2018, axillary hyperhidrosis treatments accounted for more than half the revenue share of the global market, and this is likely to increase in the coming years. Emerging trends in the hyperhidrosis treatment market include the increasing availability of treatments for axillary hyperhidrosis in hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers, as well as botox injections in dermatology clinics and cosmetic centers, which is likely to shape the future of this landscape.
Healthcare providers are studying hyperhidrosis treatments that involve radiofrequency microneedling and their outcomes seen in hyperhidrosis patients. Stakeholders are trying to find answers whether the fractional microneedle radiofrequency treatment has long-term benefits, especially for patients suffering from primary axillary hyperhidrosis. These studies were evaluated using the hyperhidrosis disease severity scale (HDSS), which demonstrated drastic improvements in patients after treatment.
Further results that enfolded suggested that, FMR is one of the most secure and effective means for non-invasive therapy. However, it is emphasized that the FMR treatment be repeated after one year to avoid a relapse of the hyperhidrosis disease, particularly for patients who are overweight with high BMIs (Body Mass Index).
Another hyperhidrosis treatment that is gaining awareness in patients is tap water iontophoresis, in which, an ionized substance is passed through the skin by the means of direct electric current. After various clinical trials, healthcare providers have observed significant improvements in patients suffering from plantar and palmar hyperhidrosis. These positive results helped in improving the quality of life of patients and a significant reduction in the sweat secretion rate.
To get a bird’s eye view of Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market's forecasts, ask for a Custom Report
Adoption of Microwave Technology & Botulinum Toxin to Reach New Heights
In February 2018, Sientra, a leading medical aesthetics company, announced the launch of the new miraDry fresh™ protocol for the miraDry® system, which can permanently reduce underarm odor, sweat, and hair of all colors with quicker and effective results. The FDA-approved miraDry has also received a CE-mark in Europe, and is available in several ambulatory surgical centers and cosmetic centers. It uses the cutting-edge non-surgical microwave technology for the treatment of axillary hyperhidrosis, and owing to the effectiveness of non-surgical microwave energy destruction of sweat glands, the microwave technology is likely to gain immense popularity among stakeholders in the coming years.
Another type of hyperhidrosis treatment that is expected to gain in popularity is Botulinum toxin A. Based on various studies, research, and clinical trials amongst patients, Botulinum toxin A (BoNTA) has been accepted by many healthcare providers as a safe, effective, and long-lasting hyperhidrosis treatment for axillae, face, palms, and soles.
Though Botulinum toxin A accounts for nearly one-fourth revenue share of the market, these injections are not recommended to patients who have previously undergone the surgical debulking of sweat glands or have severe blood-clotting disorders. Thereby, the adoption of this treatment in the hyperhidrosis treatment market is expected to decline slowly in the coming years
Topical Treatment Penetration amidst Lack of Funding Options for Patients
One of the major disadvantages for hyperhidrosis treatment, especially catering to Botulinum toxin injections, is its transient efficacy in patients who become less tolerant to the dosage as and when they become accustomed to the treatment. Another challenge that is adversely affecting the hyperhidrosis treatment market is the financial burden and psychological distress that patients experience as many medical insurance companies do not have the provision for hyperhidrosis treatment.
Due to this phenomenon, patients are reluctant to pay out-of-pocket for newer treatments that are introduced in the hyperhidrosis treatment landscape, even though they are more effective than the traditional options. Thus, the onus is on policy makers to empathize on patient awareness and overall impact of hyperhidrosis treatments on their quality of life.
In spite of market redundancies, stakeholders such as pharmaceutical companies, medical aesthetics companies, and other healthcare providers are focusing on increasing the penetration of hyperhidrosis treatments by introducing high-accuracy, non-surgical, and topical treatments. Also, research studies over the last decade reveal that, pharmacological treatments have shown effective outcomes with reduced patient-reported cases for severe reoccurrence of hyperhidrosis. For instance, GlaxoSmithKline, a leading British multinational pharmaceutical company, conducted a research experiment to study the effects of Umeclidinium, a type of anticholinergenic drug, on the palms of patients suffering from palmar hyperhidrosis, and its role as a topical treatment option. Overall, it was found that, the drug had positive results on the patients.
Analysts of the hyperhidrosis treatment market have a promising outlook for the forecast period of 2019-2027. North America is anticipated to remain as the target market for healthcare providers. However, the hyperhidrosis treatment market is estimated to grow in Asia Pacific also, due to the steadily increasing prevalence of hyperhidrosis in the region. Stakeholders can increase the penetration of non-surgical and topical treatments to suit the changing requirements and perception among hyperhidrosis patients. Novel treatments such as radiofrequency microneedling, and iontophoresis are gaining attention from healthcare organizations as well as patients.
However, stakeholders need to tackle the common misconceptions of patients about the disease that are triggered due to the lack of knowledge on the treatment options available, besides the lack of provisions from medical policy makers and deprived monetary funding options for patients. Healthcare providers can overcome these restraints by creating awareness about patient satisfaction amongst medical policy makers, which will help patients to pay-from-pocket for newer and more effective hyperhidrosis treatment therapies, significantly improving their quality of life and reducing psychological distress.
- Patients suffering from idiopathic hyperhidrosis experience extreme sweating of the axilla, soles, palms, or face. Elevated environmental temperatures or emotional stress worsens sweat secretion; however, this extra sweating can be caused without any clear triggers. Typically, these symptoms develop in adolescence, get worse after puberty, and reduce during old age.
- Individuals may express inconvenience associated with humid footwear or trouble handling paper, tools, musical instruments, or sports equipment. More importantly, patients are embarrassed while shaking or holding hands, meeting new people, and intimacy, consequently leading to social withdrawal.
- The global market for hyperhidrosis treatment reached a valuation of ~US$ 1.2 Bn in 2018, and is projected to grow at a CAGR of ~4% between the years 2019 to 2027.
Rise in Demand for Minimally-invasive and Non-invasive Therapeutic Procedures to Boost Market
- Globally, the demand for non-surgical cosmetic and aesthetic procedures such as the botulinum toxin procedure for hyperhidrosis treatment, which is minimally-invasive or non-invasive in nature, has increased in the last two decades.
- According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the U.S. recorded 819% increase in botulinum toxin procedures from 2000 to 2017
- The demand for non-surgical topical treatments, non-surgical microwave energy destruction of sweat glands, and botulinum toxin procedures is rising, owing to benefits such as minimum or no downtime, no wear and tear of skin surface, and minimal side effects.
- Geographically, North America dominated the global hyperhidrosis treatment market, accounting for the largest share in 2018. The region’s significant market share is attributed to high prevalence of hyperhidrosis among the population in the U.S.
Asia Pacific Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market to Grow at a Rapid Pace
- Asia Pacific was the third-largest market for hyperhidrosis treatment in 2018. The hyperhidrosis treatment market in the region is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, due to new product launches in countries such as India and China, and rise in awareness about the available treatment options for hyperhidrosis treatment.
- Key players operating in the global hyperhidrosis treatment market include GlaxoSmithKline plc, Ulthera, Inc., TheraVida, Dermira, Inc., Revance Therapeutics, Inc., Allergan plc, and Miramar Labs, Inc.
Global Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market: Segment Analysis
- In terms of treatment type, the global hyperhidrosis treatment market has been classified into botulinumtoxin A, iontophoresis, surgical treatments, topical treatments, non-surgical microwave energy destruction of sweat glands, and others. The botulinum toxin A segment is projected to dominate the global hyperhidrosis treatment market during the forecast period.
- Based on hyperhidrosis type, the global hyperhidrosis treatment market has been categorized into axillary hyperhidrosis, palmar hyperhidrosis, plantar hyperhidrosis, and others (craniofacial, etc.). The axillary hyperhidrosis segment is anticipated to dominate the global hyperhidrosis treatment market from 2019 to 2027.
- In terms of end user, the global hyperhidrosis treatment market has been divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others (dermatology clinics & cosmetic centers). In terms of market share, the hospitals segment is expected to dominate the global hyperhidrosis treatment market during the forecast period.
- The market size and forecast for each of the segments have been provided in terms of US$ Mn for the period from 2017 to 2027, along with their respective CAGRs for the forecast period from 2019 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year.
Global Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market: Regional Outlook
- Geographically, the global hyperhidrosis treatment market has been segmented into five major regions: North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (the U.K., Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (India, China, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC Countries, and Rest of Middle East & Africa).
- The market size and forecast for each of these regions and the mentioned countries/sub-regions have been provided for the period from 2017 to 2027, along with their respective CAGRs for the forecast period from 2019 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year. The research study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Mentioned in Report
The report also profiles major players in the global hyperhidrosis treatment market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, treatment types, business strategies, and recent developments. These include
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Ulthera, Inc.
- TheraVida, Dermira, Inc.
- Revance Therapeutics, Inc.
- Allergan plc
- Miramar Labs, Inc.
Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market - Scope of the Report
Our top analysts at Transparency Market Research, in their recently collated research report, have given comprehensive and objective insights on the expansive market landscape of hyperhidrosis treatment. The study is impactful, insightful, and actionable, and will equip stakeholders with strategic tools that will serve as game-changers and considerably improve their bottom line.
The report extensively brings out the dynamics of the hyperhidrosis treatment industry that are currently affecting its market landscape. Special emphasis has been laid on the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the hyperhidrosis treatment market space. This in-depth research report also has an extensive SWOT analysis of the leading industry heavyweights, in an attempt to garner information on industry strongholds as well as areas of improvement. This gives stakeholders a holistic view of the hyperhidrosis treatment market, especially for the forecast period.
The study on the hyperhidrosis treatment market has also been conducted via thorough appraisal of Porter’s Five Forces analysis. This is an attempt to let stakeholders understand what are the growth strategies and underlying opportunities that could enable them in making expert decisions in the expanding repertoire of the hyperhidrosis treatment market. An extensive global research done on the market also strives to highlight the key market trends in the hyperhidrosis treatment industry that are likely to propel its growth during the forecast period. Competitive analysis of key players in the hyperhidrosis treatment market by our researchers perhaps remains the most vital ingredient in giving insights about mergers, acquisitions, research & development, and technological innovations. These allow competitors to accelerate their growth in the right direction, in this landscape.
Statistical assessments of hyperhidrosis treatment market growth have been carried out in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (Million Units).
Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market – Key Questions Answered
Authors of this report, through a comprehensive study and intelligent analytics, have arrived at some key questions that give readers a holistic and refreshing perspective of the hyperhidrosis treatment market landscape. Through statistical analysis, detailed figures have been arrived at, which describe the growth of the hyperhidrosis treatment market. Influential trends help answer critical questions, some of which are listed below:
- What are the key factors that are influencing the hyperhidrosis treatment market in each region?
- What are the revenue figures of the global hyperhidrosis treatment market by treatment type, hyperhidrosis type, end user, and region?
- What are the prevalent trends and how do they affect the future scope of the hyperhidrosis treatment market?
- How rising prevalence of axillary hyperhidrosis is going to influence the need for topical treatments?
- What are the major developments that will take place in the hyperhidrosis treatment market during the forecasted period of 2019-2027?
Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market Report: Research Methodology
Extensive research by our authors has been carried out using both, primary and secondary research parameters. Information on the hyperhidrosis treatment market has been sourced from Transparency Market Research’s internal repositories as well as client-specific databases. Qualitative and quantitative information on the hyperhidrosis treatment sector is then culled by exhaustive research. Our research has been lauded and widely sought-after, thanks to the infinite supply of information that we obtain from company websites, industrial publications, and government statistics. Face-to-face discussions give us valuable inputs in the planning stage of the research. Key opinion leaders, pharmaceutical companies, healthcare providers, and medical aesthetics companies also aid in analyzing the factors that are likely to influence the hyperhidrosis treatment market in the coming years.
Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market – Segmentation
In order to understand the finer and broader nuances of the market, the segmentation of the hyperhidrosis treatment market has been done on the basis of treatment type, hyperhidrosis type, end user, and region. This is one way by which incremental opportunities can be assessed in the market landscape.
Botulinum Toxin A
Non-surgical Microwave Energy Destruction of Sweat Glands
Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Others (Dermatology Clinics and Cosmetic Centers)
Middle East & Africa