HTPB Market (Application: Rocket Propellants, Cast-cure Explosives, HTPB-based Polyurethane, and Others; and End Use: Aerospace & Defense, Electrical & Electronics, Construction, Automotive, Packaging, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Manufacturers Ensure Business Continuity in Defense Applications during COVID-19 Outbreak
Production activities in various end markets are surging in a staggered manner due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Hence, manufacturers in the HTPB market are focusing on essential industries including defense and construction, and other mission-critical projects. In order to ensure business continuity, manufacturers are increasing and maintaining stable supply chains of adhesives, surface coatings, and other essential products.
Companies in the HTPB market are suffering revenue losses for applications in automotive and electronics industries. As such, they are increasing efforts to offset the losses of 2020 to expand their revenue streams in packaging applications, since the use of single-use plastics has significantly increased during the coronavirus pandemic. A fair demand for insulation in refrigerators & freezers and cushioning in furniture, as people spend more time indoors, is translating into revenue opportunities for manufacturers.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
HTPB versus TESPT: Which is Better for Enhancing Properties of SBR Vulcanizates?
The effects of the surface modification of silica by low molecular weight hydroxyl-terminated polybutadiene (HTPB) are being compared with those of bis (3-triethoxysilylpropyl) tetrasulfide (TESPT) on the tribological, mechanical, and viscoelastic properties of styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR) vulcanizates. However, it has been found that the HTPB modification method has not resulted in better tribological properties for vulcanizates as compared with those of the TESPT modification method. Hence, manufacturers in the HTPB market are focusing on alternate business streams such as innovations in composites for high energetic materials.
HTPB is known to improve powder handling, ease of use for nanosized aluminum (nAl), and limit its sensitivity to aging.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Indian Researchers Gain Recognition for Imparting Superior Properties in Solid Rocket Fuel
HTPB liquid is being used in solid rocket fuel, which acts as an energetic binder in the fuel, thus replacing the inert mass by energetic molecules and retaining inherent properties. Companies in the HTPB market should collaborate with researchers such as at the Advanced Centre of Research in High Energy Materials (ACRHEM) in University of Hyderabad (UoH), India, who have been granted patent for improving the quality of solid rocket fuel using the HTPB liquid.
Companies in the HTPB market are increasing their R&D capabilities to tether energetic molecules at the terminal end of HTPB, which leads to an energetic HTPB binder for use in solid rocket fuel.
Growth in Sale of Smartphones Triggers Demand for Self-healing HTPB Elastomer
The HTPB market is expected to reach US$ 200 Mn by the end of 2031. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D capabilities to develop self-healing materials that can extend the life of polymer materials. There is a high demand for self-healing materials in electronic products, military equipment, automobiles, and building materials. Likewise, the growth in the sale of smartphones and tablets has helped manufacturers in the HTPB market to increase their production targets.
In order to overcome the limitations of the damaged HTPB elastomer, manufacturers are boosting their output capacities in self-healing HTPB elastomer, which is being optimized to detect multidimensional mechanical stimuli in self-heal time using curing agents and catalysts.
Modification Additives for Rubber, Paint Create Stable Revenue Streams for Manufacturers
Excellent mechanical properties and electrical insulation properties of HTPB are gaining popularity. Manufacturers in the HTPB market are expanding their business in automobile, aircraft, shoe materials, and anti-corrosion materials. Construction of racetracks, production of wear-resisting conveyor belt, and encapsulating materials are acting as stable income sources for companies in the HTPB market. They are increasing focus to develop modification additives for rubber and epoxy resins.
Manufacturers are bolstering their production of binders such as HTPB r45m for solid rockets in the aerospace industry. Adhesives, which connect objects through adhesion and cohesion from the surface, are generating revenue streams for manufacturers. Paints applied to the surface of objects being protected or decorated are being produced using HTPB to help form a continuous film firmly attached to the object being coated.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in HTPB Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
Even as the demand in automotive and electronics industries is witnessing a low, manufacturers in the HTPB market are establishing business continuity in construction, rubber, and paint applications. Manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities of sealing and joint filling materials. However, it has been found that HTPB is not a viable means for tailoring the combustion behavior of hybrid rocket systems. Hence, manufacturers should diversify their production and sales activities of industrial rubber materials, materials for ship deck, foam plastics, and excellent impact absorption materials. Potting materials for electrical parts materials, modifier of rubber plastic, and raw materials of artificial leather are attracting HTPB in large volumes.
HTPB Market: Overview
- Hydroxyl-terminated polybutadiene (HTPB) resins occupy a unique space within the landscape of commercially available polyols in the context of polyurethane elastomers. Characterized by low temperature flexibility, hydrophobicity, and hydrolytic stability, HTPB is a viscous translucent liquid, which is an oligomer of butadiene terminated at each end with a hydroxyl group. HTPB has low molecular weight.
- Key applications of HTPB include rocket propellant, cast-cure explosives, HTPB-based adhesives & sealants, surface coatings, and potting compounds. HTPB is extensively employed in the production of solid rocket propellants. It is also used in the production of polyurethanes through its reaction with isocynates.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global HTPB market for the historical year 2020 and the forecast period 2021 to 2031, rise in usage of HTPB in electronics and building & construction applications is a key factor that is expected to boost the global HTPB market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global HTPB market is projected to reach a value of US$ 200 Mn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 4% during the forecast period
Rise in Usage of HTPB in Aerospace Industry: Key Driver
- HTPB is extensively employed in aerospace applications including rocket propellant. Furthermore, high performance HTPB is utilized in adhesive and sealants of buildings. HTBP is employed in various construction applications that have a direct impact on energy efficiency, comfort, and durability.
- HTBP is used in the formulation of adhesives and sealants that are utilized in insulated glass sealants, waterproofing, and other sealing applications. It is also employed in the formulation of polyurethane foam, which is used for efficient insulation by sealing gaps and air leaks, thereby maintaining interior temperature and reducing energy consumption. This offers significant opportunities for the global market.
- Additionally, rise in application of HTPB in aerospace and automotive industries is projected to boost the global HTPB market during the forecast period
- HTPB is used in encapsulates or potting compounds in the electrical & electronics industry. Apart from electronics, HTPB-based sealants are utilized in the automobile industry for sealing headlamps, speakers, bumper, and damping material.
Increase in Demand for HTPB-based Polyurethane
- Based on application, the HTPB-based polyurethane segment dominated the global HTPB market in 2020. HTPB-based polyurethane is used to produce sealants and waterproof membranes, and possesses excellent hydrophobic properties. It is also utilized in the construction industry as impermeable sealants for double glazing. Furthermore, HTPB-based polyurethane is employed as an insulator, liner or inhibitor in rocket propellant.
- HTPB is used in solid composite rocket propellants as well as in propellants for solid fuel ramjets. The role of HTPB in this application is to serve as a binder to accommodate different propellant ingredients in its matrix and serve as fuel-rich gaseous products when decomposed and pyrolyzed.
- HTPB has a wide range of applications namely, primers, coatings, adhesives, and potting compounds. HTPB-based primers offer excellent resistance to aqueous chemical solutions and organic solvents. HTPB-based primers are employed under alkyds, chlorinated rubber enamels, and high gloss two-component urethane topcoats.
High Application of HTPB in Construction Industry
- Based on end use, the construction segment is likely to hold a significant share of the global HTPB market during the forecast period. Expansion of the construction industry in India and China is expected to drive the market.
- Cured HTPB is also used in hybrid rocket propulsion system when decomposed and pyrolysed with oxidizers. Expansion of the aerospace & defense segment of the global market can be ascribed to increase in defense budget of governments.
- In the electrical & electronics industry, HTPB can be utilized as potting compound for protection of telecommunication cables in junction boxes and component encapsulation
HTPB Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of HTPB have been included in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Major manufacturers of HTPB include
- Cray Valley
- Evonik Industries
- Idemitsu Kosan
- CRS Chemicals
- Emerald Performance Materials
- ISLAND PYROCHEMICAL INDUSTRIES CORP
- DAJAC Labs
HTPB Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of HTPB, such as Evonik Industries, Idemitsu Kosan, and CRS Chemicals are focusing on capacity expansion and strategies such as mergers & acquisition. In the global HTPB market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of HTPB. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global HTPB market.
HTPB Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global HTPB market in order to accurately gauge its future growth. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the global HTPB market to identify growth opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global HTPB market would expand during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global HTPB market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure growth of the global HTPB market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects of the global HTPB market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (tons).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global HTPB market, along with key information and a competitive outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global HTPB market, wherein various developments, expansions, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on HTPB Market
The report provides detailed information about the global HTPB market on the basis of a comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the global market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global HTPB market, so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which application segment of the global HTPB market would emerge as major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of advantages of HTPB?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global HTPB market between 2021 and 2031?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global HTPB market?
- Which end use segment is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the global HTPB market during the forecast period?
- Which are leading companies operating in the global HTPB market?
Research Methodology – HTPB Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the global HTPB market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible sources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts for the global HTPB market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global HTPB market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global HTPB market.
HTPB Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global HTPB market in terms of application, end use, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and trends associated with different segments of the market and how they are influencing growth prospects for the global HTPB market.