Home Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market
Home Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market (Product: Upper Arm Monitors, Wrist Monitors, and Accessories; Distribution Channel: Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Stores, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Home Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market: Vendors Prioritize Addressing Layman’s Convenience with Innovative Offerings
The burden of blood pressure-related diseases continues to increase global public health issues. The significance of high blood pressure as a major cause of common serious diseases has been identified in most Western countries for patients aged around 50 years and above. Apart from that, malignant hypertension has been a frequent reason for hospital admissions and a common cause of death. These aspects are making blood pressure monitoring a crucial activity in the process of effective disease prevention and management. Changing lifestyles of individuals in developed countries have led to a rise in the prevalence of hypertension. According to WHO statistics, an estimated 1.1 billion people, worldwide, are suffering from hypertension, with most living in low- and middle-income countries. Home blood pressure monitoring devices bring in the new era of hypertension management.
The prevalence of this chronic disease coupled with the development of diagnostic devices and tools is expected to bolster the growth of the home blood pressure monitoring devices market. Transparency Market Research (TMR) recently presented a comprehensive study on the home blood pressure monitoring devices market, with a positive perspective of the industry. This market report unveils the key factors driving market growth, while highlighting the developments witnessed across the home blood pressure monitoring devices market.
Identify the key factors that will drive your company’s growth. Request a brochure of this report here
Mapping the Progress of the Home Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market
The advent of microscopy and advances in physics have led to increased knowledge in pathology and physiology, marking the beginning of clinical transformations. The first efforts to measure the pulse were witnessed in the mid-19th century with the help of pulse writers-sphygmographs. The historical gap between ease of use associated with the currently used products such as upper arm instruments and the bulky sphygmographs highlighted the shadowy existence of the past. However, upper arm blood pressure measurement started its exultant success over a century ago.
Ever since, a number of innovations in healthcare have led to the development of advanced medical devices, including blood pressure monitoring devices that deliver precision and accuracy. Moreover, as healthcare and clinical care settings adopt a patient-centric approach, the need to reduce hospital admissions and develop more products for homecare settings, including 'do-it-yourself’ blood pressure monitors', is being observed. The home blood pressure monitoring devices market is likely to hold a value of ~ US$ 1.1 Bn in the 2019. The incorporation of multiple functional tools in diagnostic devices and the prevalence of wearable technologies such as wrist watch monitors are the major trends that are expected to influence the global home blood pressure monitoring market.
Key Factors Influencing the Home Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market
Increasing Prevalence of 'Smart' Monitoring
Smart monitoring has become a significant aspect governing the home blood pressure monitoring devices market, as smart technology continues to ease the functionality of medical devices. Moreover, as smartphone penetration grows, devices being integrated with smartphone applications gives better access and control in the hands of patients, influencing the growth of the market.
Evolving Health-monitoring Wearables
Wearable medical devices have gained rapid acceptance among today’s tech-savvy consumers. The usher of wearable technology in the healthcare industry has led to significant developments. Wearable technologies offer a convenient means of monitoring various physiological factors, presenting a facet of medical solutions. Evolving monitoring wearables have a positive impact on the home blood pressure monitoring devices market.
Physicians are majorly recommending the use of home blood pressure monitoring devices for patients suffering from severe hypertension. Regular check-ups in the convenience of homes for patients with hypertension are believed to offer better control over the disease. However, accuracy issues with the results provided by home blood pressure monitoring devices may impact their utilization, as accurate blood pressure monitoring remains significant for patients. Having said that, certain revelations state otherwise, wherein, it is believed that, the self-measurement of blood pressure at home has been seen to be useful in the elimination of the white-coat effect.
Want to know more such detailed insights of “Home Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market?” Request a PDF sample here
Home Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market: Providers’ Profit-Making Strategies
Prioritize Innovation in Wrist Monitors
The increasing preference of patients for the convenient monitoring of blood pressure is providing growth opportunities to home blood pressure monitoring devices market players. There is increasing acceptance of wrist monitoring and higher adoption of novel and advanced methods for blood pressure monitoring, despite their high prices as compared to their counterparts. Established players are focusing investments on the development of wrist monitors to capture a larger consumer base.
Solidify Distribution across Online Sales Channels
Although retail pharmacies continue to remain the sought-after distribution channel currently, online stores is an emerging distribution channel for home blood pressure monitors. Rise in the adoption of online purchase and availability of more purchase options on online platforms are the key factors driving the popularity of this segment. Several companies are focusing on online distribution collaborations to reach more people for delivering home blood pressure monitoring devices on a global level.
Strengthen Production across Developing Countries
Key players in the home blood pressure monitoring devices market continue to emphasize on production expansion, particularly in the Asian economies that are home to a pool of opportunities. A large number of patients with hypertension coupled with the increasing geriatric population recorded across these countries is generating significant demand for home blood pressure monitoring devices. Companies, in a bid to cash in on these opportunities, are strengthening their production capabilities in this region.
Scrutinizing the Market Competition
In 2018, Omron Healthcare, Inc. was granted FDA approval for its HeartGuide, which is claimed to be the first wearable blood pressure monitor. HeartGuide is available with a new smartphone application - HeartAdvisor.
In 2019, A&D Medical released a new line of professional blood pressure monitors that allow clinicians to diagnose hypertension accurately and manage blood pressure throughout the care continuum. The new line includes Professional Office Blood Pressure Monitors and Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitors (ABPM), among which, ABPM aids in the diagnosis and assessment of hypertension.
In 2018, nearly 50-60% of the global market share was held by leading home blood pressure monitoring devices market competitors, from which, around 50% share is held by Omron Healthcare, while the rest is controlled by A&D Company, Limited and Hill-Rom, Inc. Owing to this scenario, the home blood pressure monitoring devices market remains consolidated in nature. New product development strategy remains a growth catalyst for leading home blood pressure monitoring devices market competitors, which is further supported by continual progress in R&D activities. The development of lightweight, compact devices remains a priority for manufacturers. Furthermore, improving production capabilities also aids in effective product development. Established players are also prioritizing distribution expansion to maximize the sales of home blood pressure monitoring devices.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Analysts’ Opinion of the Market
The rise in the prevalence of hypertension resulting from the changing lifestyles of individuals, along with increasing awareness among patients to keep track of their health through timely monitoring has led TMR’s analysts to have a positive perspective of the home blood pressure monitoring devices market. Analysts revealed the leadership of North America in the home blood pressure monitoring devices market in terms of value. This is attributed to the larger user base of new, advanced products such as wrist monitors. However, an increase in the number of local manufacturers has created pricing pressure in the market, which is likely to impede the growth of the home blood pressure monitoring devices market in North America during the latter half of the forecast period. Asia Pacific is expected to become a highly lucrative market for companies providing home blood pressure monitors during the forecast period. Companies entering this market could consider the opportunities available in this region.
Home Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market - Overview
- Home blood pressure monitoring entails a self-monitoring tool or device that can be used to care for patients suffering from hypertension
- Blood pressure is primarily monitored at home or in hospital, clinic, or office settings. Home blood pressure monitoring devices can be classified into upper arm monitors and wrist monitors.
- Upper arm monitors are recommended by physicians and a majority of heart associations.
- Home blood pressure monitors are required by hypertension patients and people with high risk factors for hypertension who need closer monitoring.
- Home blood pressure monitors are also useful for people with white coat hypertension and masked hypertension conditions.
Home Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market: Drivers
- Rise in the use of home blood pressure monitors in developing economies to combat hypertension is a major factor fueling the growth of the global home blood pressure monitoring devices market.
- Hypertension is more prevalent in developing countries such as China, India, and Argentina, due to changing lifestyles and other factors. Hence, the demand for blood pressure monitors is high in these countries.
- Active promotion through online sales channels such as Amazon, Alibaba, and other regional players, coupled with an increase in the awareness about the advantages of home blood pressure monitors is also propelling the global home blood pressure monitoring devices market.
- Advancements in blood pressure monitors such as wearable diagnostic devices and multiple functional tools for cardiovascular complications are also boosting the growth of the global home blood pressure monitoring devices market.
Global Home Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market: Segmentation
- Based on product, the global home blood pressure monitoring devices market has been segmented into upper arm monitors, wrist monitors, and accessories.
- In terms of distribution channel, the global home blood pressure monitoring devices market has been divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online stores, and others.
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The report provides current and future revenues (US$ Mn) for each these segments for the period from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2019 to 2027, along with market size estimations.
Global Home Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market: Geographic Overview
- In terms of region, the global home blood pressure monitoring devices market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. These regions have been further divided into major countries and sub-regions. The current and future home blood pressure monitoring devices market sizes in terms of revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the home blood pressure monitoring devices market report for the period of 2017 to 2027, with their CAGRs for the period of 2019 to 2027.
- The home blood pressure monitoring devices market study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the home blood pressure monitoring devices market, which will help new companies that are looking to enter the home blood pressure monitoring devices market, and existing companies, increase their market shares, and also help in the decision-making process.
Global Home Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market: Major Players
- The report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the home blood pressure monitoring devices market.
Key players analyzed in this home blood pressure monitoring devices market report are
- Omron Healthcare, Inc.
- A&D Medical
- Welch Allyn, Inc. (Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.)
- SunTech Medical, Inc. (Halma plc)
- Rossmax International Ltd.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Beurer GmbH
- Qardio, Inc.,
- Spengler SAS,
- American Diagnostic Corporation
Each of these players have been profiled in the home blood pressure monitoring devices market report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments.
TMR’s recent study on the home blood pressure monitoring devices market provides its readers with a holistic market overview backed by a comprehensive evaluation of the global home blood pressure monitoring devices landscape. The TMR publication on the home blood pressure monitoring devices market assesses the landscape in terms of the historical and current market situation, and includes a forecast for the period of 2019-2027. Readers are able to make key decisions pertaining to their businesses with the help of the market findings and exclusive home blood pressure monitoring devices market insights included in the comprehensive study. TMR’s report also provides an analysis of the key home blood pressure monitoring devices market dynamics that are likely to influence the market in the foreseeable future. The home blood pressure monitoring devices market report delivers a detailed understanding of the key industry trends and developments made by home blood pressure monitoring devices market players. The TMR study is bifurcated into vital sections to aid readers in gaining an individual understanding of the home blood pressure monitoring devices market.
Key Questions Answered in the Market Study
- Which home blood pressure monitoring devices are likely to generate maximum sales revenue over the period of forecast?
- What valuation will the home blood pressure monitoring devices market reach by the end of 2027?
- Which distribution channel is likely to be profitable for home blood pressure monitoring device vendors?
- What are the key factors driving the growth of the home blood pressure monitoring devices market?
- Which region is likely to hold growth opportunities for home blood pressure monitoring devices market competitors?
The first section in the TMR study on the market for home blood pressure monitoring devices commences with a preface that provides a concise market outlook, with the inclusion of the market definition and scope of the study. This part of the report discusses the research objectives and highlights of the home blood pressure monitoring devices market that helps readers gain a complete market outlook. Following this is the executive summary that highlights the key elements enclosed in the report. The next section in the home blood pressure monitoring devices market report is the market overview that encompasses a glimpse of the market for home blood pressure monitoring devices with respect to the key home blood pressure monitoring devices market dynamics such as drivers, opportunities, and restraining factors.
The next part includes a home blood pressure monitoring devices market outlook that provides analysis and forecast in terms of value and volume. Along with market projections, this section also includes pricing analysis, vendor and distributor analysis, reimbursement scenario, and regulatory scenario. Technological developments and consumer buying patterns with respect to regions are also discussed in this chapter. Following this is a detailed segmentation analysis of the home blood pressure monitoring devices market. Assessment involves the division of the home blood pressure monitoring devices market based on product, distribution channel, and region. With the analysis of key segments in the home blood pressure monitoring devices market, supported by Y-o-Y growth projections and basis point share analysis, the report further helps readers recognize lucrative market avenues.
The TMR analysis of the market for home blood pressure monitoring devices also includes an evaluation of the geographical landscape of the market. Regional evaluation helps competitors make strategic decisions regarding their businesses and design future tactics. Individual-level assessment of economies and segment-wise evaluation of individual regions helps readers of the report on the home blood pressure monitoring devices market assess the potential of the business in individual geographies. Backed by global value and volume share and Y-o-Y growth projections, this section is an essential part of the study on the home blood pressure monitoring devices market.
The study on the home blood pressure monitoring devices market includes a comprehensive examination of the competition with the details of key market players. This chapter elaborates the nature of the home blood pressure monitoring devices market with the help of the market share held by leading, emerging, and new players. The unique dashboard view of the players in the home blood pressure monitoring devices market helps report audiences in understanding the strategies implemented by prominent players and their performance in the home blood pressure monitoring devices market, including focus areas of the home blood pressure monitoring devices market competition. The competitive structure of key players in the home blood pressure monitoring devices market is also offered in the study.
The TMR report on the market for home blood pressure monitoring devices is based on a complete evaluation of the market, backed by comprehensive primary and secondary research. Detailed understanding of the home blood pressure monitoring devices market in terms of the competitive landscape is further supported by individual-level analysis of various aspects regarding the home blood pressure monitoring devices market. Evaluation of the historical and current global market scenario for home blood pressure monitoring devices, focusing on key market segments, market determinants, key regions, and other qualitative inputs, help TMR’s analysts derive key market approximations and formulate a forecast for the home blood pressure monitoring devices market. Readers can access the home blood pressure monitoring devices market study to obtain a forecasted market evaluation for the period of 2019–2027.
Home Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market: Taxonomy
Upper Arm Monitors
Middle East & Africa